Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So far I haven’t found any new unpublished articles. But I have found a lot of bullet tests. Several different cartridges, bullet weights, types, brands , etc. Finn had spent a lot of time on this.
Berit and I talked with John last night a good bit. John is going to work a strategy to use all this. Unknown exactly how, but I think he will figure it out.
I caught a few good mentions that Finn made concerning Phil Shoemaker. I’ll post them in a few days.
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you, Charlie Sisk !

I have an Oxford file of Sir Saint Finn Aagaard's work starting with his NRA pubs in 1983,
and all of his published books and audio tapes that I could find.
I met Berit Aagaard at the 2008 NRA Convention IIRC.
Got her to autograph the book RIFLE BULLETS FOR THE HUNTER -- A DEFINITIVE STUDY.
It was dedicated to Finn, and she wrote APPENDIX A: FINN's ROLE WITH TROPHY BONDED BULLETS
Sweet lady.
My kind of woman.

Sir Saint Finn Aagaard is an honorary member of the "Knights of the .458 Winchester Magnum Brotherhood."
Posthumously awarded with canonization, of course, for one so approving of the .458 Winchester Magnum as he.

Here is the slightly edited picture you put up in the Image Gallery:

[Linked Image]

BTW, Sir Phil is a Knight too, and Sainthood is assured whenever he goes to the Happy Hunting Ground.

May much more come of your trip to visit Berit Aagaard.

Salaams

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
So far I haven’t found any new unpublished articles. But I have found a lot of bullet tests. Several different cartridges, bullet weights, types, brands , etc. Finn had spent a lot of time on this.
Berit and I talked with John last night a good bit. John is going to work a strategy to use all this. Unknown exactly how, but I think he will figure it out.
I caught a few good mentions that Finn made concerning Phil Shoemaker. I’ll post them in a few days.
Charlie

She was the epitome of class and dignity through Bill's last months and the service itself. A great lady.......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Would love to see anything from him, hw was a great writer

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A few years ago I did several articles for Sports Afield on historic hunting rifles, all old M70 .375s used by Wally Johnson from Africa, Pinnell & Talifson from Kodiak and Hal Waugh from Alaska. During that time frame I was looking for other similar rifles that I thought there would be an interest in as well. Finn's .375 was a logical choice. So I contacted Berit: obviously I was a stranger to her, but she was so gracious to me and ended up sending me a huge amount of info re: Finn and that rifle: she made copies of so many things re: the rifle, loads that Finn had put together for it, etc. But alas, Diana Rupp was not interested: she had published Berit's article "The 50th Buffalo" a few years prior and didn't think there was sufficient justification for another piece on the rifle. I obviously did not agree but she was the editor and I just a lowly freelancer so it never saw the light of day. I got to handle and even shoot Morris's Talifson's .375: what a thrill that was, but never had a chance to see Finn's .375. That would have been a thrill as well. So I too would really enjoy seeing any info from what I consider one of the finest shooting writers I've even read.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Love reading anything Finn!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Looks like I may be able to work something out with Wolfe Publishing (RIFLE and HANDLOADER) on the notes, but will need to see the notes before getting a handle on how to approach it.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
A few years ago I did several articles for Sports Afield on historic hunting rifles, all old M70 .375s used by Wally Johnson from Africa, Pinnell & Talifson from Kodiak and Hal Waugh from Alaska. During that time frame I was looking for other similar rifles that I thought there would be an interest in as well. Finn's .375 was a logical choice. So I contacted Berit: obviously I was a stranger to her, but she was so gracious to me and ended up sending me a huge amount of info re: Finn and that rifle: she made copies of so many things re: the rifle, loads that Finn had put together for it, etc. But alas, Diana Rupp was not interested: she had published Berit's article "The 50th Buffalo" a few years prior and didn't think there was sufficient justification for another piece on the rifle. I obviously did not agree but she was the editor and I just a lowly freelancer so it never saw the light of day. I got to handle and even shoot Morris's Talifson's .375: what a thrill that was, but never had a chance to see Finn's .375. That would have been a thrill as well. So I too would really enjoy seeing any info from what I consider one of the finest shooting writers I've even read.

Diana Rupp was dead wrong.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,117 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,721
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.