Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by iShoot17
Originally Posted by chudly
Originally Posted by SandBilly
First, his pic was found online from another sale, it’s obviously photoshopped. This is how he upped his post count,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Holy cow, all I see is large imaginations . And experience with the criminal mind . I see zero proof of this guy being being a scammer .

Then send him some [bleep] money.

JFC

Figured I would get a reply like that . Holy drama queens batman . Pretty cowardly to call a guy a scammer with zero proof . Hell I had an idiot troll crap on my post .
because he did not know Lapua and Nammo were the same . He was ignorant enough to shoot his mouth off of what he did not know . Even had others prove him wrong , still in denial . Can't fix stupid .

Let me know if you guys ever have actual proof on this guy. oao

So far we have provided evidence of:
(1) Copying pictures from foreign websites and reusing as his own
(2) Evidence of copying posts from other websites, word-for-word, from 18+ years ago and posting here (FYI: The tap at Brownells is $30, not $20.)
(3) Evidence of fake pictures, manipulated poorly via PhotoShop
(4) Stopping response upon request for pictures of specific areas of items for sale.
(5) Moving communications off the platform and to email.
(6) The SCAMMER created an account and let it sit, slammed a bunch of posts through in a couple days to get post count up, and then all of a sudden has everything that anyone wants for sale.

What evidence are you looking for? Someone actually losing money? We are trying to prevent that. You’ve received a response to every message you’ve sent. Yet still you tell us a story of how some guy was ignorant on a topic and continued to fight.. seems a bit hypocritical at this point.

Look Sir, we are just trying, as a larger group, to prevent people from getting taken. You’re putting up a pretty big opposition to that. We’ve provided evidence enough and looking at the posts through this topic, the greater community agrees. It isn’t cowardly, it is respectful and appropriate that we try to forewarn others from having their hard earned money taken.

This. How many red flags do you need?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Somebody else is giving me red flags with the construction of their posts.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hey guys, I've been on this forum for quite a few years, however I don't get involved in talking back and forth with anyone. I pretty much just read everything on this forum. I'm very engaged as far as reading goes and I truly enjoy it. Lots of great info in here. The reason I am posting this now is due to the scam alert on Tigerluty. A few days ago I put a WTB ad in the classifieds looking for a Kimber Adirondack in a .308. He responded to me saying he had one and asked if I was interested. I said I was and asked him his asking price. It took him over a day to respond back with pictures, which at the time I didn't think much about it. It's a busy time of year. I looked at the pics and responded back stating I would take the rifle. I contacted my FFL to get it set up. However, something was just bothering me. I felt uncomfortable sending someone $1450 that I had hardly any contact with. Even gave him my phone number but he never called me, only emailed. Again, not much of a red flag but still made me uncomfortable. I sent him a message back telling him I would drive to him in Georgia and we could take care of the transaction there in person.I told him I just felt much more comfortable that way. We were actually going to drive on after that and visit my wife's father in Florida, kind of killing two birds with one stone. It's not the first time I've drove a long ways for a gun! As soon as we told him that, ALL communication stopped. I've sent him a couple more emails since.... ZERO response. So as of this morning, I told my wife something is not right with this. I got back on line to the classifieds.....and there it was.....
SCAM ALERT. So as of now, I am not dealing with him. I'm not saying he has done anything wrong, because he really hasn't, but his actions are a little suspicious after reading this post. Got me nervous! So again, if anyone has or knows where there is a new or used Kimber Adirondack .308 for sale, please send me a message. Thank you to the members who started this post!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TADSR
Hey guys, I've been on this forum for quite a few years, however I don't get involved in talking back and forth with anyone. I pretty much just read everything on this forum. I'm very engaged as far as reading goes and I truly enjoy it. Lots of great info in here. The reason I am posting this now is due to the scam alert on Tigerluty. A few days ago I put a WTB ad in the classifieds looking for a Kimber Adirondack in a .308. He responded to me saying he had one and asked if I was interested. I said I was and asked him his asking price. It took him over a day to respond back with pictures, which at the time I didn't think much about it. It's a busy time of year. I looked at the pics and responded back stating I would take the rifle. I contacted my FFL to get it set up. However, something was just bothering me. I felt uncomfortable sending someone $1450 that I had hardly any contact with. Even gave him my phone number but he never called me, only emailed. Again, not much of a red flag but still made me uncomfortable. I sent him a message back telling him I would drive to him in Georgia and we could take care of the transaction there in person.I told him I just felt much more comfortable that way. We were actually going to drive on after that and visit my wife's father in Florida, kind of killing two birds with one stone. It's not the first time I've drove a long ways for a gun! As soon as we told him that, ALL communication stopped. I've sent him a couple more emails since.... ZERO response. So as of this morning, I told my wife something is not right with this. I got back on line to the classifieds.....and there it was.....
SCAM ALERT. So as of now, I am not dealing with him. I'm not saying he has done anything wrong, because he really hasn't, but his actions are a little suspicious after reading this post. Got me nervous! So again, if anyone has or knows where there is a new or used Kimber Adirondack .308 for sale, please send me a message. Thank you to the members who started this post!

Theronreynolds45gmail.com?

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Yes that's the one.
Theronreynolds45gmail.com

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Somebody else is giving me red flags with the construction of their posts.
I think that "somebody"isn't getting enough attention from her boyfriend.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First, his pic was found online from another sale, it’s obviously photoshopped. This is how he upped his post count,

Holy cow, all I see is large imaginations . And experience with the criminal mind . I see zero proof of this guy being being a scammer .

Then send him some [bleep] money.

JFC

Figured I would get a reply like that . Holy drama queens batman . Pretty cowardly to call a guy a scammer with zero proof . Hell I had an idiot troll crap on my post .
because he did not know Lapua and Nammo were the same . He was ignorant enough to shoot his mouth off of what he did not know . Even had others prove him wrong , still in denial . Can't fix stupid .

Let me know if you guys ever have actual proof on this guy. oao

JFC Chudly, you are dense. At this point you must be the same person. If not, send him some money, I am sure you will get everything you ask for and then some.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Definitely a scam and a common one. Be very cautious when you post a WTB ad.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Good advice! When you are really looking for something that you really want, its easy to overlook the obvious! I will definetely be more cautious in the future with my search for a Kimber Adirondack. When something like this happens, it seems to make a person a little more gun shy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m thinking Chudly might be Chumly’s younger, dumber brother.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Great detective work Sandy! LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Still zero proof.

Coward, you need to get back on those meds .

Last edited by chudly; 12/18/21.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Enlighten us on what constitutes as proof??

Getting fuu.ucked out of a bunch of $$ and having no recourse?

No specific pics after I asked again and not wanting an actual phone conversation plus a bogus pic is proof enough for me.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

Still zero proof.

Coward, you need to get back on those meds .

Two Honest questions:

1. You don't find it disconcerting that someone you might send money -- and against whom you'd have zero recourse if they didn't send what you paid for -- dug up 20 year old posts from another forum and passed them off as there own to get a high enough post count to sell stuff using PMs?

2. You don't find it disconcerting as a buyer that the seller refuses to send photo proof that they actually have the item you're paying for when other photos were clearly borrowed from other sites or ads?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Don't feed the Choadly troll.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys,

I appreciate your effort in exposing this kind of trash.

As far as chudly goes, I wouldn't even bother to engage him. There's just something wrong with that boy.

Thanks,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Dinny

Good one gemby.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Dinny

Good one gemby.

Gonna answer my questions? They were posed sincerely.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Happy Holidays !
I'll take my trophy and go now .

Last edited by chudly; 12/19/21.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Wow. "Mr. Everything is fine in spite of all logic and evidence" bails over two direct but simple questions about what is clearly a burner account made for scamming. That combined with him bumping the powder thread like it's his own (and attacking anyone asking about the hazmat issue) doesn't seem coincidental...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,400 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,282
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.