Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I know these scopes are discontinued, but a local gun store has one that has been on the shelf new in box for several years. About 2 years ago they put a tag on it that said “sell at cost $269”. Even after that mark down it’s there after 2 years. I may be able to offer them $225-250 and get it but don’t know much about them. Reviews online seem pretty positive. I have a 22lr that could use a new low power scope and then possibly move it to one of my nieces deer rifles eventually that I’m putting together.

Anyone have any input on these scope and would it be worth $250 or even the at cost asking price? Thanks!

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have several of them and paid quite a bit more than $250 for them when they came out. Never an issue with any of them and one was mounted on a 375 Ruger for a few years with zero issues.

For $250, you can't go wrong and that is a lot of value for the money.

Bright and crisp until it starts getting dark and then they behave like a moderately priced non-alpha scope. You are not picking up 15 minutes or so shooting time at dusk with this scope like you would with alpha glass.

Last edited by FSJeeper; 12/19/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
I have several of them and paid quite a bit more than $250 for them when they came out. Never an issue with any of them and one was mounted on a 375 Ruger for a few years with zero issues.

For $250, you can't go wrong and that is a lot of value for the money.

Bright and crisp until it starts getting dark and then they behave like a moderately priced non-alpha scope. You are not picking up 15 minutes or so shooting time at dusk with this scope like you would with alpha glass.

I have a couple of them myself and I’d agree with that assessment.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the info! Any scope brand and model you would compare it to? Thanks!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have that same scope as well as the 1.5-8x32 with the versa plex reticle. Buy it. You won't find a better scope for that price and you can make a profit by selling it on ebay if you don't like it. They were originally sold for between $500 and $600.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I had one, and wouldn't pay a nickel for another. But, man, like everything else, that's my opinion. I bought it back around 2014 or '15ish when Cameraland was blowing 'em out for around $300 bucks. I remember thinking at the time the glass was sub-par to a Voretx Viper series and the the reticle was pixelated.

To be fair, that was only an example of one, and maybe I got a bad one. I've read great reviews on their higher end stuff.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have one on my youth rifle, it's been a great scope that hasn't drifted once it's set.. they're easy to get behind with great eye relief. Like said above, excellent value for the money. Bright and crisp for sure.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have several no issues at all very bright and clear and hold zero and adjust correctly.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Well, I had one, and wouldn't pay a nickel for another. But, man, like everything else, that's my opinion. I bought it back around 2014 or '15ish when Cameraland was blowing 'em out for around $300 bucks. I remember thinking at the time the glass was sub-par to a Voretx Viper series and the the reticle was pixelated.

To be fair, that was only an example of one, and maybe I got a bad one. I've read great reviews on their higher end stuff.

Yeah, there are a lot of different opinions on glass/image quality. The people comparing to a blister pack low end Bushnell or Taco will not be on the same page as those comparing to Razor or alpha glass.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the info guys. Started vacation today and swung up to try to buy the scope. Apparently after all these years on the shelf, someone had the same idea. Must have sold in the last week or so since I have been there. Oh well, it is what it is.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by skeen

Yeah, there are a lot of different opinions on glass/image quality. The people comparing to a blister pack low end Bushnell or Taco will not be on the same page as those comparing to Razor or alpha glass.

I have 2 Swaro 1x6's Z6's that I think are the best scopes in that category for my eyes. The 6 Minox ZA5 1x6's I have on utility rifles are super bright and crisp, and in bright daylight conditions, are just as enjoyable as the Swaro's. They fall flat on their face in low light though, not even close. At the time, I could buy 4 Minox ZA5's for the price of one Z6 scope.

The ZA5 2 x 10 x 40's I have are similar in performance.

For $250, I don't think you can get more value for the money.

Last edited by FSJeeper; 12/21/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

743 members (160user, 16gage, 16Racing, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,199
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.