Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stay da fugg away from annuities and kick anybody in the balls who tries to sell you annuities.
If you may need the money in a year or two, park it in a money market account. If you have a longer timeline in mind, open a fidelity or a edit rads account and put it in an index fund of some flavor.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some annuities offer fees in the 0.04-0.05 range. I'd think about those, everything else, a big NO.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
DON'T. Why pay someone to handle your $$$ and give them a cut? About the only way such might pay off is if he significantly outlives their projected life expectancy. Fall short of that and they make significant bucks. Find an investment advisor and do your own arrangements.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that what Safariman used to skin seniors with? Annuities..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rufus,
Run,Run as fast as you can away from the Annuity. From something who has been able to sell and has sold a few for 35 years.
Multiple reasons why, but run Forest Run.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by GeoW
Is that what Safariman used to skin seniors with? Annuities..

Free Ruger Charger bipod with each annuity purchase.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i invested heavily in coke and whores. so far it has paid big dividends.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Houston_2
And no one has yet suggested contacting Safari-man !!!

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Advice #1 DON'T buy an annuity for any reason whatsoever.They are the next worst investment next to Whole Life Insurance.Borderline scams.

Get a competent investment firm, and if you don't know or don't want to deal with it, get a managed account. They'll feel you out for your risk tolerance and invest accordingly.

This is the best advice on the internet.

Fear the crabcat.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No way would i put funds in an annuity.

There are platforms that will serve you better over your time frame.

Fidelity is where i would look,they have done good for us over the years.

Good luck

IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
If you're sure you need an annuity the only ones to consider are a SPIA[single premium immediate annuity] or a MYGA[multi year garanteed annuity],the only one that beats these is the one that most people have when they retire, Social Security.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
If you're sure you need an annuity the only ones to consider are a SPIA[single premium immediate annuity] or a MYGA[multi year garanteed annuity],the only one that beats these is the one that most people have when they retire, Social Security.

^^^And don’t take advice from anyone who thinks social security is a good deal.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
As far as annuities go it is.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
As far as annuities go it is.

You do have a point, sir.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Originally Posted by ingwe
Advice #1 DON'T buy an annuity for any reason whatsoever.They are the next worst investment next to Whole Life Insurance.Borderline scams.

Get a competent investment firm, and if you don't know or don't want to deal with it, get a managed account. They'll feel you out for your risk tolerance and invest accordingly.

This is the best advice on the internet.

But it is very hard to know if you have a good financial advisor, and by the time you find out he is bad news, he has made a lot of money off you. I had 3 of them. Was was not good at all, one was ok but just wanted to sell me loaded Franklin funds and the last one was a nightmare. We gave them a $56,300 check and they didnt invest it for 5 weeks . They said it was no good anymore so we gave them another and it took 3 weeks to invest that one, in August 2015, just in time for a 10% correction. The owner was a jerk , He sold us $40,000 of 2 non traded REITs. We still have $10,000 of it stuck , and may never get it back. Some say I should have done my homework, or due dilligence , and we did, we had a few at my wifes bank where she worked . We talked to him several times before commiting. It is very hard to tel a professional BS salesman from someone that really knows what they are doing, and they make a living bs ing. To make matters worse my son worked there. About 2 months after the second check, we headed to Fidelity and never looked back. A few months later they fired my son anyway. However, it was their loss . We now have a lot more money , I do it my way and it is a better way of investing with ETF's and stocks and some bond mutual funds . I have not done real well , but no doubt better and cheaper than the 3 advisors we had. My son works at a better financial firm and after 3 yrs with this job, he still cant believe how they operated at his old firm. Investing yourself just isnt that hard anymore and hardly any fees at all.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I put some of my money in a fidelity account after the covid drop hit March of 2020. I had most everything in Edward Jones in mutual and index funds at them time. When the dip hit I called them up to make some individual stick trades and found jones is not the place to do that. They had huge fees. I asked them to to transfer a chunk to my new fidelity account so I could buy individual stocks. By the time they got it done the best bargains had passed. I traded a bit on fidelity and made some money but got tired of watching it all the time so now it's just sitting on the sidelines.

I know fidelity offers lots of mutual and index funds and etfs but I can't figure out how to research and compare them on their app. I can't even find mutual funds in it and I know they have them. I'd like to put some in some different funds now like one with good divided stocks. Any fidelity power users here that can point me towards their good funds?

Bb

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My parents put a lot of money in annuity and when they passed we got very little back. Shop around for a good financial advisor that fits your AGE, FUTURE PLANS, and DOLLARS AVAILABLE. Find the right fit, its out there. As has been said put it in a money market until you get a plan.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I put some of my money in a fidelity account after the covid drop hit March of 2020. I had most everything in Edward Jones in mutual and index funds at them time. When the dip hit I called them up to make some individual stick trades and found jones is not the place to do that. They had huge fees. I asked them to to transfer a chunk to my new fidelity account so I could buy individual stocks. By the time they got it done the best bargains had passed. I traded a bit on fidelity and made some money but got tired of watching it all the time so now it's just sitting on the sidelines.

I know fidelity offers lots of mutual and index funds and etfs but I can't figure out how to research and compare them on their app. I can't even find mutual funds in it and I know they have them. I'd like to put some in some different funds now like one with good divided stocks. Any fidelity power users here that can point me towards their good funds?

Bb
Check Morningstar ratings.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
12 years ago my brother paid $75k for an annuity. After he received 2 payments, he had a stroke and died. Goodbye $75k.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
An annuity is not likely a good fit for someone 10 years out from retirement. The returns these days are poor and fees can be high. You are better off with a diversified stock portfolio based on your risk tolerance and financial plan.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.