-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rost, quit being sarcastic, it doesn't become you & we all recognize that you are one of the most knowledgeable posters here.

But the point is that there are enough reports from various sources, to make BC suspect enough, that given today's choices, why take a chance on an product with that kind of rep, when there are plenty more, with more reliable reps?

As for Krieger, sure they may have lemon here or there but attempting to equate that kind of situation with the much more frequent incidences of issue with BC on everyday, basic parts, is a loooooog stretch.

I participate on several forums, not just this one, & the issues & reservations raised here about BC's quality are present on every single one of them..............so again, the question is why intentionally & knowingly deal with a source with that kind of rep?

If you choose to, fine, but don't criticize the rest of us that choose to take a more secure path?

MM

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ok

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
On one hand, you got rost saying its good chidt maynerd, on the other you got most guys saying it's chidt... I know Jeff has a lot of experience in the ar world, so this here is a conundrum.. "Things that make you go hmmmm"... Jeff, how good is it really???? Sub moa for 10 shots good?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I always love reviews after a couple of magazines worth of ammo. And a sample of one really doesn’t tell much. But I’m not buying anything here so it doesn’t matter. I know what I like and gambling never was my thing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I always love reviews after a couple of magazines worth of ammo. And a sample of one really doesn’t tell much. But I’m not buying anything here so it doesn’t matter. I know what I like and gambling never was my thing.

Roll the dice buddy. Take one for the team...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ha!

Good friend of mine who actually got me into AR’s and building them always steered me towards known quality. Ya I’ve ventured off and tried some parts that worked and some that didn’t but buying bargain priced guns or parts have never worked out for me.

So my buddy tells me his cousin ordered one of the PSA pistol AR’s and he brought it over cause it was a single shot. Looked at the bolt and while the carrier wasn’t chromed, it looked okay but the bolt had a POS extractor in it, a weak extractor spring, blue insert and an o ring. The ejector was wonky too. Said the whole deal looked chinese.

But the net is full of rave reviews on parts and guns that are just as good as. I just don’t see the need to pee on the fence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got a BCA complete upper with a 16” barrel in .223 Wylde. It was the first AR I somewhat put together. It has never failed me and will shoot anything I feed it. On a good day, it may shoot 1.5” MOA with the right ammo, mostly it’s a 2 MOA rifle. Outside of a magazine issue, which was me not getting the mag in all the way, I’ve never had any issues. Would I trust my life in a fire fight with it, probably not. Would I use it to fend off a would be burglar yes. This gun is exactly why I bought it for, plinking at the range. Of all of the ARs I own, I treat it the worst. I don’t care if it breaks, as I will replace what broke with better parts.

Now my son, he has a 7.5” 7.62x39 BCA complete upper. After shoring it 2-5 times the screws in the handguard would back out. I contacted BCA for him and they replaced the screws no questions asked. It fixed the problem.

Now, you want to talk about a POS AR upper, I have one that is a Karri’s Guns. Another member on the forum mentioned them a while back and at the time I was looking for a 7.62x39 upper. I didn’t have the income I do now, so I bought one. That thing would shoot steel cases ammo just fine, put brass cased ammo in it and it became a single shot rifle. I have rebuilt that thing and the only parts that are original are the upper, barrel, and handguard. I put a new gas system in it and replaced the bolt to make it run brass ammo. The rifle now runs great, but I would have been better buying a quality upper from the get go.

Now after 3 plus years of owning and shooting AR’s outside of the military, would I buy another BCA upper, probably not. I sure as heck would not buy anything from Karri’s Guns. PSA is about as low as I would go. I have PSA and Aero lowers and no issues. I’ve put quality LPK’s in all but one of my lowers, you definitely get why you pay for. My next project is in the thinking stage at the moment. I have a “Let’s Go Brandon” lower from PSA, and I’m thinking a 14.5” pinned and welded barrel for it. The lowest priced barrel I’ve even considered is a Ballistic Advantage, but leaning strongly towards other brands at the moment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
On one hand, you got rost saying its good chidt maynerd, on the other you got most guys saying it's chidt... I know Jeff has a lot of experience in the ar world, so this here is a conundrum.. "Things that make you go hmmmm"... Jeff, how good is it really???? Sub moa for 10 shots good?

no. It won't be sub moa for 10. It will be totally good enough for pigs to 300 though which is about its end for me. Distance wise.

Would I be happy trying to shoot a match with it? No. Never said that. Am I happy so far with it? Yup.

Will I have 100 rounds down it before I fly north? No way. But it shoots better than I need with the first loads. And I doubt I'll find 100 hogs between now and then. Be tiring if I did actually.

And don't worry, if it falls on its face like it has to, I'll report that too.

Says the guy placing in nationals with the cheapest lower of the times and a good barrel....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My BCA upper experience was good. a 16" barreled upper put together like a military M4 with the plastic hand guards. Shot great right off the bat with Hornady Black 123 gr. ELDM and so so with the Hornady SST ammo. 3 inch groups with the Wolf military class FMJ steel cases stuff.
Function flawless right from the start though I did go over it and get rid of any roughness I could find. Even worked just fine with a magazine made for he 6.8 SPC. Shot it probably 600 times so far. I'd say with my reloads it is an honest 3 shot MOA gun. All I need for a deer/hog and plinking.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.