-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Apparently the computer programming in Teslas allows drivers to play video games on the screen while driving. It's a feature called "passenger play", intended for use by the front seat passenger but very accessible by the driver. That's all we need, one more thing to keep a driver's mind off the road. It's being investigated by the feds on whether it's unsafe.

demonstrated by a Tesla owner on a closed coarse.
[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think half of the idiots sitting at red lights are already playing them on their phones. Based on how many of them have no frickin' clue what's going on around them.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho's hands free law prohibits the use of phones at red lights but it's largely unenforceable. A cop would have to see you using it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the automakers & government regulators are as concerned about safety as they constantly claim to be; why do cars still come with even more B.S. to distract drivers? The damn cell phones are dangerous enough from a driving safety standpoint. Oh, wait........... Now I get it. They are getting us ready for the self driving cars of the future where you can do anything you want while driving because you aren't really driving. The car is driving itself. You're just a passenger even if you're behind the wheel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YouTuber using velcro attached leg weight to trick his Tesla into thinking his hand is on the wheel.

Anything for a viewer hit on tictok

[Linked Image from carscoops.com]

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The more wind and solar farms that go up and power plants that shut down makes Tesla more irrelevant. You gotta choose between heating your home or massaging your ego.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My buddy got a self-driving car and it left him for somebody else.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 22250rem
They are getting us ready for the self driving cars of the future where you can do anything you want while driving because you aren't really driving. The car is driving itself. You're just a passenger even if you're behind the wheel.

Idiots do anything they want to while driving anyway.

Even with all the current electronic gadgets people dick around with while driving casual conversation is still the #1 reason in distracted driver accidents.

Drunk drivers during the holiday season really spook me, Thanksgiving I had two drunks on my way home from a dinner engagement that appeared they were out to kill.

Last Christmas I was off the road dodging a obvious drunk coming at me head on.
I was invited to a Christmas dinner just yesterday and haven't confirmed yet. My biggest concern are the drunks involved with the 40 miles I'll have to drive if I accept the invitation.

I don't think self driving cars will be as bad as the drivers we now have to deal with.

At least the cars can't get willingly distracted or drunk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho's hands free law prohibits the use of phones at red lights but it's largely unenforceable. A cop would have to see you using it.

Enforced about as closely as a couple mph over the speed limit. You are taking your life into your own hands every time you get in the car anymore.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rainshot
The more wind and solar farms that go up and power plants that shut down makes Tesla more irrelevant. You gotta choose between heating your home or massaging your ego.

I love the brainwashed lefties that think driving a Tesla is reducing CO2 emissions.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, 3dtestify, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 10 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,088
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.