Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider
You haven't lived until you've experienced the failure of a cheapass metal shelf in the gun room.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

OMG 😳

Now I don’t feel so bad. That’s a catastrophe. Retroactive Pears sent

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
or, two gallon coffe cans, no lids on the top rail of your truck bed, flying off as you turn on the freeway

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You haven't lived until you've experienced the failure of a cheapass metal shelf in the gun room.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks my reload room after the 6.2 shaker we had here a couple says ago.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup. Happened about seven years ago.

Got almost all of it reorganized now.

7 years later...Laffin

That’s sounds about right.

Me, I would have just shut the light off and closed the door for good.

Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by efw
I thought you might be letting us know that components might be a challenge to find…

Well, some components anyway. I know for certain that not all of them were rounded up.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
There be a reason Folgers provides a lid for their coffee buckets. I fill mine with lead, they don’t change shape with the lid on.

Au Contraire.
This had a lid on it. Holding the can by the “handle” on the side proved to be the mistake.

Well, I’ll admit to using 2 hands with a jug weighing 50-60 pounds.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I store my cast bullets in these same cans. Those and Maxwell House blue cans.
I have never had a problem with them before but doing it one handed was the issue. My other hand had a full can of 44 mag brass and I was in too much of a hurry to set it down and use two hands. Yeah, saved myself a lot of time there. 🙄

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

7 years later...Laffin

That’s sounds about right.

Me, I would have just shut the light off and closed the door for good.

Grins

🦫

I did better than that. I picked up all the things scattered about and put it in a box for future reference and then took great pleasure in flinging that crappy shelf out into the driveway. I thought about making sure it was dead by running it over with my pickup about thirty times, but I decided to save that for the next furnishing or accessory that fails me. I kinda let it slide when my HP printer took a schidt, but dropping it on the living room floor satisfied me because I was so happy to get rid of that POS.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
You guys are making me feel better. Thanks. 😏🤪

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A warning about metal coffee cans.
I recently opened one, and found that part of the brass had corroded due to galvanic action, I suppose.
Now, I only store brass in plastic containers - darn stuff is too hard to come by anymore.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are times when you REALLY wish that brass was magnetic.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
A warning about metal coffee cans.
I recently opened one, and found that part of the brass had corroded due to galvanic action, I suppose.
Now, I only store brass in plastic containers - darn stuff is too hard to come by anymore.

Good advice, I store mine in plastic bags once it's cleaned, Kitty litter pails when it's dirty.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by pullit
Those are not new phrases, wait till you slip pouring a brand new bag of #8 shot into the shot bottle on your shell press, those are new words that even Ralphie's dad from Christmas story has not thought about.

Everyone who reloads shotshells has had that happen. I don't understand why they only sell shot in 25 pound floppy bags. I'd pay extra if I could buy shot in lighter weight bottles that I could just screw into the MEC loading press.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Those are not new phrases, wait till you slip pouring a brand new bag of #8 shot into the shot bottle on your shell press, those are new words that even Ralphie's dad from Christmas story has not thought about.

Everyone who reloads shotshells has had that happen. I don't understand why they only sell shot in 25 pound floppy bags. I'd pay extra if I could buy shot in lighter weight bottles that I could just screw into the MEC loading press.

I store shot in plastic coffee cans and use some kind of dipper to load the bottles. A 2 liter soda bottle makes a great funnel for MEC presses by cutting the neck off the soda bottle. The neck of the bottle fits neatly into the opening in the shot bottle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

I store shot in plastic coffee cans and use some kind of dipper to load the bottles. A 2 liter soda bottle makes a great funnel for MEC presses by cutting the neck off the soda bottle. The neck of the bottle fits neatly into the opening in the shot bottle.

Nice hack, Leon. I hope I remember it next time I load shotshells, but I probably won't until there's about eleven pounds of shot under my feet next time I try to fire up my MEC.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Guess there's always tomorrow! Had a couple good earthquakes and think chite what if. Acquired another 20 Lbs of powder and 30-40 boxes of bullets. Was down there last night and found the 405 win bullets between the 6.5 and 7mm , how the f<uck that happen. Need more space.

Last edited by sidepass; 12/23/21.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sidepass

Guess there's always tomorrow!

Yep. Story of my life...so far!

Don't be the darkness.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You guys need to run livestock....the devil will come out. My boy made it 15 minutes into the first day of school before he got sent to the principal's office. He got angry at his teacher and called her a f#ing c#nt because that's what dad says when we work cows and gets mad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can relate OP.

I dropped a #10 can full of spent small primers tonight out in my reloading cave and they went everywhere ... all the way back under my benches, in every crack and crevice on the floor ... I tried catching them as they were in midair and I slapped spent primers into drawers and cabinets on the way down. Dust everywhere, anvils busted out and all over everything. They're dirty as all get out.

And I was saving those spent primers to try to recharge them. I was transferring them over into smaller plastic storage bottles and stashing them away for later.

It turned into an hour long cleanup mess.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

When I bring a bag of shot home first thing I do is clip one corner and pour the shot into a square container with a large mouth ... I have a bunch of them, like the ones that cashews come in, salsa, nuts, peanut butter filled pretzels and so on and so forth.

I learned about tearing a bag of 7½ birdshot open the hard way. By the time I got it swept up it was so dirty it ended up in the casting pot and I made boolits out of it. Actually I made buckshot out of half of it.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 31 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.