Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
I've been looking for an m16a2 stripped upper for two days online. They range from $99-$250. The problem is that nobody has one. I looked about two months ago and couldn't find one also. Really frustrating because I have literally every piece I need to complete this retro build minus this damn upper! Does anyone have a line on one?
Thanks

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They've been as scarce as hen's teeth for a long time now.

I managed to pick one up a couple years back, and haven't seen one since. A1 or A2.

This was my build,
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Weird. I know where 3 are. 2 have been cerakoted though and are $140 ea. The other one is an original bushmaster that is in rough condition. I like the A2 configuration as well and dang near bought the 2 cerakoted ones, but I don't know how that affects the value??. I may actually be swinging by that shop next week....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Weird. I know where 3 are. 2 have been cerakoted though and are $140 ea. The other one is an original bushmaster that is in rough condition. I like the A2 configuration as well and dang near bought the 2 cerakoted ones, but I don't know how that affects the value??. I may actually be swinging by that shop next week....

I'd go scoop those up if I were you. Everything is "backorder, or discontinued by manufacturer".

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by OAM

I'd go scoop those up if I were you. Everything is "backorder, or discontinued by manufacturer".

I'll check into them when I head back to Oregon. If I buy both of them, I'll pm you if interested in one.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
I would be very interested!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting.

LGS has a DPMS A2 rifle for around $750.
Thought that was absurd. Considering the maker,
And the fact that the configuration isn't exactly hot right now.

Must be more popular than I thought.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Have you tried Double Star in KY? They are doing several retro parts now including the stock.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Interesting.

Nothing great, so to speak, about a DPMS. Pretty much bottom of the food chain.. I was looking at a brand new Colt set up with a detachable carry handle and A2 front sight for $1,300.00 last month. That was a very nice rifle. The problem with A2 anything is it's dated and most youngsters want a flat top you can scope. Most don't even know how to use irons. They are cool and retro looking to a lot of us older guys though. With that being said, I think everyone should own at least one A2 rifle...

I like mine so much that I almost bought another one... Probably still will eventually, or build from the A2 upper I will buy when I head back to OR.. Now watch, they will be sold when I stop in. ha ha.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Interesting.

Nothing great, so to speak, about a DPMS. Pretty much bottom of the food chain.. I was looking at a brand new Colt set up with a detachable carry handle and A2 front sight for $1,300.00 last month. That was a very nice rifle. The problem with A2 anything is it's dated and most youngsters want a flat top you can scope. Most don't even know how to use irons. They are cool and retro looking to a lot of us older guys though. With that being said, I think everyone should own at least one A2 rifle...

I like mine so much that I almost bought another one... Probably still will eventually, or build from the A2 upper I will buy when I head back to OR.. Now watch, they will be sold when I stop in. ha ha.

I built a wannabe M16A2 with a 16" Armalite mid length barrel, Aero Precision BCG and attached to a DPMS lower and DPMS A2 upper. I owned the lower 10 years before I bought the upper and was concerned that nothing was going to go together well. Nope, they all fit like they were cut from the same piece of metal. I know I'm a sample of one but I have no issues with my little piece of anything DPMS.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BSA, would love to have a decent A2. But as a schidts and giggles toy.
Not worth to me, what one would be worth.
Don't let me see a bargain though😁

KWG, no disrespect meant. I own a couple PSAs and a RRA.
Just mentioned the price compared to the brand.

Don't dispute the big dollar guns should be much, much better.

Despite the money and time D'Arcy Echols puts into making
a M-70 into a perfect functioning rifle, many of the rack M-70s
have served their owners well. Even the push feeds!

And many 700s.
And even 2x4 Savages.

And I'd bet that someone has had a bad failure of a 100% Mauser 98.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I know this does not answer exactly what you ask.
But is a fun place to visit.
https://www.tntesales.com/a2

charlee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting.

No, not really but nostalgia is a powerful thing, even if if not really better.

MM

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A2s are kinda hot right now. The millenial / zoomer instagram crowd are getting into them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by auk1124
A2s are kinda hot right now. The millenial / zoomer instagram crowd are getting into them.

Wth is Instagram, anything like a telegram?

Romans 5:1
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

I think you have to have pink hair and have voted for Bernie Sanders to use it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Rollin^^^ Good stuff right there..

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe that's why I've been seeing a couple of them around here and there. Prior? Zero.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O

Millennial are getting into A2's? That's news to me. All the younger guys I see are putting scopes or reflex sights on flat tops. I haven't even seen a retro m16a2 for 20 years. I guess it would not have been retro then...
I have every piece I need to put this together minus a stripped upper. That's why I'm not really looking a complete or partially complete upper. I have to much into these other original parts to make spares of them.

Last edited by OAM; 12/29/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by OAM

Millennial are getting into A2's? That's news to me. All the younger guys I see are putting scopes or reflex sights on flat tops. I haven't even seen a retro m16a2 for 20 years. I guess it would not have been retro then...
I have every piece I need to put this together minus a stripped upper. That's why I'm not really looking a complete or partially complete upper. I have to much into these other original parts to make spares of them.

Most of what I see the millenials messing with are AR pistols right now... 300 black outs with suppressors and schidt.. And yes, you are right, red dots and reflex sights. A lot of them don't even know what irons are. They go through a chidt load of ammo too. Their grand dad's weren't like ours, focusing on the fine art of marksmanship..

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.