Print Thread
Hop To
O
OlRufus Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I am editing this post to comply with my own cardinal rule of (if it doesn’t concern me, keep my blundering mouth shut)

So, I still have one question, why did I make a post at all? 🥴. I need an attitude adjustment this morning. 😬

I wish for everyone to have a safe, peaceful, healthy and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited by OlRufus; 12/27/21.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

So whats your point ?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by OlRufus

Actually I have two questions.

1. Does this first forum rule no longer apply?
FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

2nd question:
Where are the moderators that we who choose not to participate in the all too frequent banters going on should have to endure it through the Christmas holidays of all times?

I am with you , I have never witnessed anything like this . Folks having others ruin their classifieds with the moderators sitting back watching and doing nothing is strange . It must be they get paid per click, because negative sure sells here.

Last edited by chudly; 12/27/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by LFC

So whats your point ?

That added a lot to the discussion.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's sure nice not to be censored, some folks just have no respect or manners. Just skip on by if you don't like the content of the post.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I brought this up on another board that there doesn’t need to be any comments made in For Sale ads except to ask questions about the item or commit to buy it. This crap has gotten ridiculous on every board I’m on. Even administrators are making stupid comments in classified ads on some boards.

Last edited by retrieverman; 12/27/21.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like this site the way it is.
I might add most of the original members have helped this board to shape the way it is.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by chudly
Originally Posted by OlRufus

Actually I have two questions.

1. Does this first forum rule no longer apply?
FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

2nd question:
Where are the moderators that we who choose not to participate in the all too frequent banters going on should have to endure it through the Christmas holidays of all times?

I am with you , I have never witnessed anything like this . Folks having others ruin their classifieds with the moderators sitting back watching and doing nothing is strange . It must be they get paid per click, because negative sure sells here.

Yup. Agree 100%. People making fake "I already bought this and he scammed me" posts to ruin an ad thread is pretty ridiculous. What kind of troll would blatantly lie and then disappear in an attempt to torpedo a thread?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
It's sure nice not to be censored, some folks just have no respect or manners. Just skip on by if you don't like the content of the post.

Yep.

The classifieds is the only place in which I employ the "Ignore" feature. I use it so I don't have to remember whom I've chosen not to buy from/sell to. I can't even remember who's on my list until the "You're ignoring this user" pops up, at which point I spend 0 time trying to figure out why, I just trust my prior judgement and move on.

This is all supposed to be a hobby, as such, it should be fun. As the rules stand, I'm able to self-censor out people who've appeared to be un-fun to deal with and the judgement is mine, and mine alone. I'd prefer things not change a bit.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Why is it ok to crap on other's posts?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rule #1 Don't talk about fight club
Rule #2 GFY!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by acloco

Why is it ok to crap on other's posts?

Censorship hides important information... you want to know who craps on people's posts. Sure, it can be a drag, but the alternative is that you don't know.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
People pretty much degenerating into pissing contests and dlck measuring in a sales ad makes Armslist look professional.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ronald_55
People pretty much degenerating into pissing contests and dlck measuring in a sales ad makes Armslist look professional.

Unfortunate, but true. .....keyboard warriors.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 222Sako, 219DW, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 3,028 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,322
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.