Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

Witnesses in Belmar told Fox 31 that they saw the suspect's confrontation with a female officer.

"We seen (sic) the guy: he was a tall man, blond hair, with a trench coat. She yelled at him to ‘put his gun down!’ She yelled, ‘put your gun down’ and he turned around and, like, pulled up the gun and shot her right in front of us, multiple times," a witness said.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Look on the bright side, she won’t get convicted for murder.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not uncommon under current conditions to see / hear about LE "freezing" In an encounter. Under our current policies and practices, we are seeing more of a pause when Deputies should be engaging the suspect. The pause is processing time, trying to decide what is the best/ least use of force that could be tolerated. Our VERTA firearms simulator has shown time and time again that some of our Deputies are giving the to much time to evaluating the suspect and the response to what he is doing. Which will lead to LE being killed or injured. God help the LE personnel that uses too big of an hammer for the given job. At my department if you use force to include lethal force, you must be able to explain how you tried to deescalate the incident. If your de-escalation efforts were not deemed to appropriate enough, your are subject to Department discipline. In addiction to the public opinion, news coverage of the partial story and maybe an indictment/ jail/ civil penalties. Oh, I forgot that they will fire you also! Now who wants to be the police? We are hiring? Those are the facts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Tall, Blonde man? she could have shot him in the back and not much would be said.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldidaho

Witnesses in Belmar told Fox 31 that they saw the suspect's confrontation with a female officer.

"We seen (sic) the guy: he was a tall man, blond hair, with a trench coat. She yelled at him to ‘put his gun down!’ She yelled, ‘put your gun down’ and he turned around and, like, pulled up the gun and shot her right in front of us, multiple times," a witness said.

If I had to guess, I would guess that she had cover nearby that she didn't attempt to make use of.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by rainshot
Look on the bright side, she won’t get convicted for murder.

Right.

Tragic, she should have stayed in the kitchen.😉

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

2blue,

The simulators are very informative. Most badly need way more scenarios. If an officer has to overlay prevailing politics and lack of departmental support when in the field well then their screwed. Dont get out of the car is a rational response. Let alone making a mistake. Plus adrenaline dump when you are pointing a real gun at real people. Every big city should put local politicians through a short training and scenario session to try to get them to see todays reality for LEOs.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Tall, Blonde man? she could have shot him in the back and not much would be said.

Yep. The dude’s demographic should have made pulling the trigger an easy decision. Sad situation. I wish for terrible misery for the perp.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Well, there is that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by papat
Oldest grandaughter getting ready to go to the academy for the KCPD. Grandpa not happy but I have no say. Prayer life being expanded.

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I hope that she knows that the overwhelming majority of the citizens appreciate her.

Very true statement Paul except those of us that feel that way won't be who she is dealing with.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Very true statement Paul except those of us that feel that way won't be who she is dealing with.

Exactly right, 98% of the time she'll be dealing with schitballs.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just retired form my department on 12/01/21. Under current policy if you upholstered your taser or a firearm and had it a a low ready position, not pointed at a person. It was still considered a use of force. meaning your body camera turned on to record, You had to write two reports, one for the incident, one for the use of force. Next, the incident had to be reviewed by the use of force committee. They would determine if the force was appropriate or not. Also, they have to look at the frequency of that deputies UOF incidents over the last three year period. The review includes all type of force Taser, ASP, firearms, verbal, and physical. Depending on the number incidents the Deputy could be punished to include termination! This brings to light what the story public does not know about. Most agencies no longer write policy's to support the Deputies they write them to weaponize the Deputies and allow the agency to fire for anything ant any time for just about anything. Yes, the job is very difficult. Freezing on incidents might be understood by some people.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MtnHiker

2blue,

The simulators are very informative. Most badly need way more scenarios. If an officer has to overlay prevailing politics and lack of departmental support when in the field well then their screwed. Dont get out of the car is a rational response. Let alone making a mistake. Plus adrenaline dump when you are pointing a real gun at real people. Every big city should put local politicians through a short training and scenario session to try to get them to see todays reality for LEOs.

That only works if the politicians care about their police officers and if it fits their political agenda. These politicians aren’t stupid, they’re evil.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I just retired form my department on 12/01/21. Under current policy if you upholstered your taser or a firearm and had it a a low ready position, not pointed at a person. It was still considered a use of force. meaning your body camera turned on to record, You had to write two reports, one for the incident, one for the use of force. Next, the incident had to be reviewed by the use of force committee. They would determine if the force was appropriate or not. Also, they have to look at the frequency of that deputies UOF incidents over the last three year period. The review includes all type of force Taser, ASP, firearms, verbal, and physical. Depending on the number incidents the Deputy could be punished to include termination! This brings to light what the story public does not know about. Most agencies no longer write policy's to support the Deputies they write them to weaponize the Deputies and allow the agency to fire for anything ant any time for just about anything. Yes, the job is very difficult. Freezing on incidents might be understood by some people.

Congrats on your retirement. Not a minute too soon, I am sure.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I don’t recommend anyone to be a cop anymore. Sadly that’s why we are seeing the wrong people in the job role, a cop is just a position anymore because god forbid you do your job right you will most likely be filmed from multiple angles and no one will have your back. I want the 60’s back , when you mouth a cop or try to riot you got the ole Billy club up side the head and they made you like it because the public, police chief and mayor had your back.

Csblue thanks for your service, I bet you have seen a lot of transition in your tenure as a cop.

Last edited by MadDog4298; 12/28/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very true

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldidaho

https://www.yahoo.com/now/colorado-gunman-kills-4-injures-050412618.html

Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
!0-4. Thanks for your support!!! I am so glad to be out of the game! However, I am very concerned for those who are trying to do the job. The pressure to not make a mistake is so huge right now and I see no change coming. We, LE are trying to walk the knife edge between reacting and negating the problem and not getting killed or worst, being put in jail for what is deemed wrong doing. The description of stressful is an understatement of the current working conditions. Many people are leaving the job and no one wants to start a career in that profession.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,530,997
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.