-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leave Tn out of this. I can't control these fools, I don't even know them. Besides, Slum and his witty humor is invaluable.

Romans 5:1
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Besides, Slum and his witty humor is invaluable.

Slum's humor requires effort to comprehend. (sometimes).

On the other hand... Red Skelton and Lawrence Welk... require no effort... nor intelligence to understand.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It changed, seemingly overnight. I get it.... evolution and all that.

But what precipitated such a rapid change?

The lack of face to face meetings of fellow members due to the growth of the CF over the last 10 years and the last couple years of reduced travel along with a general decrease in civility overall that is seen everywhere. There's a small crowd here that has no sense of fellowship at all, just another person on the internet claiming to be something or someone that thinks that if they shout loudest or post more it makes them "win the internet."

Back in the day a significant number of us actually traveled and met with our fellow CF denizens. Sure, there were a few of the disruption crowd but they never traveled and no one ever met them. That's OK but the civil and fellowship crowd input in the CF outweighed their high noise factor in the day. These days any idea other than those exposed by the CF echo chamber is met with a wall of derision and personal and family insults that would get them shot, stabbed, run over or just disappeared in person. We've lost a lot of voices of sanity to FB and other places.

Other good sub forums here on the CF where the civility, fellowship and willingness to share experience and knowledge yields the same positive results and greater enjoyment for all. The one's who continue to insult and disrupt just go on ignore anymore.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This forum isn't the only place that's changed. It's every day life and interaction with family and friends. An example was January 6th of this year. I had some family and "friends" get irate with me, Trump sign still along the highway on my property and they all had some pretty nasty comments about me supporting such a reprobate. It was like all that pent up hate got turned lose. Some of them I have anything to do with since, most in fact. The mask is off for the most part. I've never tried to hide my beliefs but some of these have for years. It truly was an eye opener to me to see and hear what these people support. I suspected it for years but now I have proof. What we're seeing today is a dividing of our nation somewhat like what they saw before the Civil War.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
For me, this place is what you make of it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Jim1611
This forum isn't the only place that's changed. It's every day life and interaction with family and friends. An example was January 6th of this year. I had some family and "friends" get irate with me, Trump sign still along the highway on my property and they all had some pretty nasty comments about me supporting such a reprobate. It was like all that pent up hate got turned lose. Some of them I have anything to do with since, most in fact. The mask is off for the most part. I've never tried to hide my beliefs but some of these have for years. It truly was an eye opener to me to see and hear what these people support. I suspected it for years but now I have proof. What we're seeing today is a dividing of our nation somewhat like what they saw before the Civil War.

All brought to you by the United States Govenment. This is exactly what their plan has been all along to create speration, hate, distrust, and chaos. Appears to be working quite well also....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
4G?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by lapua6547

All brought to you by the United States Govenment. This is exactly what their plan has been all along to create speration, hate, distrust, and chaos. Appears to be working quite well also....

Huge money in Division...

Obongo was a nothing paper pushing clerk... then he divided the nation based on race baiting and made gazillions for himself and his ilk.

If people smile well... when they push the knife in... does it hurt less?

Asking for a friend.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It changed, seemingly overnight. I get it.... evolution and all that.

But what precipitated such a rapid change?

The lack of face to face meetings of fellow members due to the growth of the CF over the last 10 years and the last couple years of reduced travel along with a general decrease in civility overall that is seen everywhere. There's a small crowd here that has no sense of fellowship at all, just another person on the internet claiming to be something or someone that thinks that if they shout loudest or post more it makes them "win the internet."

Back in the day a significant number of us actually traveled and met with our fellow CF denizens. Sure, there were a few of the disruption crowd but they never traveled and no one ever met them. That's OK but the civil and fellowship crowd input in the CF outweighed their high noise factor in the day. These days any idea other than those exposed by the CF echo chamber is met with a wall of derision and personal and family insults that would get them shot, stabbed, run over or just disappeared in person. We've lost a lot of voices of sanity to FB and other places.

Other good sub forums here on the CF where the civility, fellowship and willingness to share experience and knowledge yields the same positive results and greater enjoyment for all. The one's who continue to insult and disrupt just go on ignore anymore.

Lotta logic here

Originally Posted by wabigoon
For me, this place is what you make of it.

Bottom line truth right here

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Right on Wabi - correct again.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
When I was young there was no internet - People had to walk for miles just to call me an ass hole!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by P_Weed
When I was young there was no internet - People had to walk for miles just to call me an ass hole!

laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Or send a letter through the mail. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

LoL ain't that the truth. Now it's zero effort, zero consequences. No wonder it's so popular.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You may find what I have.. That you are far better off without them in your life and enjoying a much more pleasant path through it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Good point. The virus has also made people nuts. Its created fear and isolation in people that I've known for years. People that I used to think were intelligent and independent thinkers, turned into mask and vax nazis.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The board is a lot older and younger than it used to be. Lots more guys over sixty and lots of guys who are apparently in their 30s and early 40s. There doesn’t seem to be much in between. As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

On the flip side, I find that a lot of the younger guys don’t realize what has been lost and how different things used to be.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon

laugh

Yep. Exactly.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Campfire seems to me to be merely a reflection of the entire culture we live in. Everyone is angry; if they're not, they're looking for an excuse to get angry. If one doesn't hew to the exact party line of the folks he's communicating with, he's skewered. Phrase a statement or a question in a way that your allegiances can be questioned, and you are crucified. Gotta have thick skin and tough it out, or take your marbles and go home.

As to why the culture has deteriorated so rapidly, well, that's one of those discussions that gets people angry.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I don't think this is a matter of differences of opinion on politics, religion,etc.

Rather a number of folks with arrested development. They have not grown out of their childishness, paranoia, etc

We have folks interjecting political diatribe into holiday greeting threads, hurling sophomoric personal insults at imagined slights, etc.

Some folks are funny and clever, but have not yet learned where to draw the line. A lesson most of us learned years ago

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 19 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,434
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.