Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
a toyota last no longer then anything else and if you get a big engine in a toyota you will get poor mileage. they can't build a v8 that gets any mileage. you guys say american made toyota,but you are still feeding the foriegners. at least my mexico built chevy sends profits to detroit. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!! AND START HELPING YOUR COUNTRY BEFORE ITS TO LATE.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chevrolet or GMC.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I switched last year and couldn't be happier.

Terry

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Working on my third Toyota in 22 years,,, all great trucks,,, my dads 2000 3/4 ton dodge diesel 4x4 was his dream truck, and was a lemon in a big way,,, windshield leaked,,, brakes locked on any kind of hill, dash lights shorted out, off road it was a major let down,,,, I pulled it out twice with my 1990 toy 4x4,,,,

late in 2000 I went to get a new truck, my 1990 had been all over Alaska, most of the Lower 48 and Mexico with 230,000 miles. Other than maintenence it had a new timing chain at 120,000 and 210,000. Ran the origional rear brake pads till 190,000 or so. Replaced a tranny bearing at 210 as well. Dad wanted to buy it then and is still driving it, close to 250,000 now, low on power with the well used 4 banger but purrs on. Motor, tranny, AC, all still going.

I need a new one now so I have room for my kids car seats in the back,,, will be a Toyota 4 door,,, big or small.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I used that 1990 hard, off road and hauling, put extra springs on the rear to handle the weight and kept going,,,,hauled alot of building stone for several years.

Location Western NC,
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Anyone know when we should change our timing chains? Ford said its a non maintence part. Truck is a 98 ford 5.4 with 267,000 miles. No problems starting or anything, i just found it to be odd that they dont need to be changed out that often like the old engines did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And what rock are you living under???????? Toyota trucks have more American parts in them than Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. FACT! And how many TENS OF THOUSANDS of Americans are putting food on their table, clothes on their children's back, money back into the American economy with their earnings from working in Toyota plants in the United States? Man, duhhhhhhhhhhh! And don't give me that crap about Japan making money from selling their vehicles made in America and sold to Americans. They are a Japanese company for God's sake. They sell vehcles all over the world. And oh, by the way, so does the U. S. Do you think they take about NOT buying U.S. vehicles in Japan? Probably not, and could care less. Toyota is no. 1 in sales world wide (because they sell a good product) and 2nd in the U.S.,(soon to take over no. 1). And with an unmatched reliability record like Toyota vehicles, why would anyone with 1/2 a brain not think that their trucks couldn't hang with the inferior built, unreliable Big 3 vehicles. Hello!!!!!, they already do. Wake up boys!!They are just built better. FACT! What proof do YOU have to new, big engine, Toyota trucks not getting good gas mileage. You don't. Well, here is some proof. I own a new 07 Tundra with the big 5.7 l engine. With 2500 miles on my new truck, I'm averaging 17 mpg all around. On a trip last month to West Virginia, I got 20.7 mps. FACT! Try that with a Hemi. I have friends with Dodges and they are getting about 10/12 mpg. I sold my 01 Tundra to a guy who had a Dodge Dakota. Boy did he take a step up. He was getting about 12 mpg. He couldn't believe the power of my 01 Tundra (with a smaller engine) compared to his Dakota. He was happy to have my 01 Tundra with more power and was getting 18 mpg with it too. And try getting $17,000 out of your used, 6 year old Ford, Dodge or Chevy. This is my 3rd Toyota truck and my wife is on her 3rd Camry. They have all been bullet proof. I've owned Ford, Dodge and GM produces. Never again. BUY TOYOTA, that's a no brainer. I am tickled to death to have a 381 hp, stock, hemi eating Tundra getting 17 mpg on the average. You big 3 owners just need to escape your tunnel vision mentality, take your head's out of the sand and face the music. Toyota is in the truck business big time, and here to stay. And the big 3 are feeling it too. Any you guys just cant' stand it, can you? I can tell, as your comments confirm. Truth really hurts, doesn't it boys! Toyota hit a home run with their new Tundra. That truck is overbuilt in every way from bumper to bumper. Get used to it, and GET OVER IT. Respond with all your redneck negative comments. Fine, bring it on. I don't care, as that won't bother me at all. I only know when I drive to work in my new 2007 Toyota Tundra, and pass guys with their Fords, Dodges, and Chevys, I'm in envy of NO ONE. Go Toyota.
Hunter01

Last edited by hunter01; 09/22/07.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hunter01
And what rock are you living under???????? Toyota trucks have more American parts in them than Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. FACT! duhhhhhhhhhhh! And don't give me that crap about Japan making money from selling their vehicles made in America and sold to Americans. And oh, by the way, so does the U. S. Do you think they take about NOT buying U.S. vehicles in Japan? Probably not, and could care less. They are just built better. FACT! What proof do YOU have to new, big engine, Toyota trucks not getting good gas mileage. You don't. Well, here is some proof. I own a new 07 Tundra with the big 5.7 l engine. With 2500 miles on my new truck, I'm averaging 17 mpg all around. On a trip last month to West Virginia, I got 20.7 mps. FACT! That truck is overbuilt in every way from bumper to bumper. Get used to it, and GET OVER IT. Respond with all your redneck negative comments. Fine, bring it on. I don't care, as that won't bother me at all. I only know when I drive to work in my new 2007 Toyota Tundra, and pass guys with their Fords, Dodges, and Chevys, I'm in envy of NO ONE. Go Toyota.
Hunter01

Toyota has more American parts in it than a truck from the Big 3? Says who? You? Now here's a reliable and unimpeachable source. wink Your post sounds like a freaking Toyota employee is quoting a Toyota ad. whistle Overseas sales? Perhaps you're not too well versed on Japan's tariffs on imported vehicles. You should read up on them before you make such ludicrous statements of "FACT". Since the rest of the "FACTS" posted are pure, unadulterated BS, why would anyone believe the "built better" and the mileage claims that are posted as "FACT". Overbuilt, bumper to bumper? Cute little grocery getter is more like it.

"why would anyone with 1/2 a brain not think that their trucks couldn't hang with the inferior built, unreliable Big 3 vehicles. Hello!!!!!, they already do. Wake up boys!!They are just built better. FACT!"

You really think that the Toyota is built better and more powerful than all of the Big 3 trucks? My neighbor with the new Tundra did too. He shot his mouth off like some others and I finally had enough of the hype and BS. So I asked to take my neighbor's Tundra for a "little ride". I put out a 30 foot chain with one end hooked up to my Ford truck and told him to hook the other end to his "massive drivetrain" equipped and "powerful engine", towing monster of a Toyota. It seems that he didn't feel as strongly that his 07 Tundra with the big 5.7 l engine could tow, or outwork, my Ford truck. I had just a few words for him after he chickened out and refused to back up his silly claims. I told him that if he was foolish enough to attempt it, that he'd get to experience what it feels like being in a tin can while being towed behind a truck. laugh grin laugh Like I had said earlier, cute little grocery getter. Nothing more. laugh MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
IIRC timing chains are done at around 120k.

Spot

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
....I'm not sure what truck I'll buy next. First I'll have to wear out my Chevy ,it's a 1969 stepside model,straight six, stick-shift. I get more interest in it now than I ever did driving it years ago. I call it "Woodstock" since it was brand new that year...I never owned a Toyota truck but did have a Datsun 'little hustler' (a 74 model) that I really liked it's style and lightweight. The engine gave out on it,I'd hoped to put a small block Chevy in it, but before I did a huge limb fell on it and sent it to the 'graveyard' for old trucks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
381 horses to drive around in a city seems like over kill...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only reason America doesn't do the same thing with tariffs is the fact that American Politicians are whores for the kick back money from outside investors.

Same reason all the good paying, middle class, blue collar American jobs are now in India, China, Mexico and the like. Throw enough money at a whore and they will make things happen.

Look at the airlines, their owners are fat cats and the companies can't turn a profit. Squeal a little bit and threaten to shut down the transprotation in this country and the government comes in and bails them out.

It's just finally being realized by the American automakers that this is the way to go, all the profits without the production costs!!! So now, that UAW worker who loved his job and didn't have to worry about anything because the company will take care of them is out on his azz stocking shelves at Wal-mart trying to keep the bill collectors at bay.

It's a beautiful system that we elect them to run. It's just too bad that the average American citizen doesn't care. The minute someone says anything about taking guns away, there's a huge uproar. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe this is a distraction so that no one sees all this other crap happening????

That's the real problem here folks, like it or not, in a couple of years this country will be pre revolution France. Where the rich got richer and the poor got poorer.

A "free society" that cannot and will not do anything to help themselves. America, land of the free and ignorant.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You really think that the Toyota is built better and more powerful than all of the Big 3 trucks?

Yep, sure do and your silly chain story proves nothing. Further more, if you drive a 1/2 ton from any maker all you have is a "cute little grocery getter" with a bed on it.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone with a brain and a new truck payment would'nt play tugawar with a new truck, geeezzz,,, unless ya had a field full of slick mud,,, then it could be fun but messy, and then the best tires would win.........

sure like that silver 4 door posted above, that the larger rear cab model?

Location Western NC,
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TC1
You really think that the Toyota is built better and more powerful than all of the Big 3 trucks?

Yep, sure do and your silly chain story proves nothing. Further more, if you drive a 1/2 ton from any maker all you have is a "cute little grocery getter" with a bed on it.

Terry

Your reply proves that people get sucked in by the hype printed in the papers and shown on tv. P.T. Barnum said it best. I just called the Toyota owner out on his wild claims. If his truck was as superior as he claimed, there'd be no contest. Reality can be a real eye opener though. It sure was for him and his little grocery cart. Furthermore, I own a Ford truck. I never specified which model. wink MI VHNTR

FJB Let's Go Brandon
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You think so? Well if it makes you feel better it's fine with me.

Terry

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Exactly what I thought.... There goes another one. laugh MI VHNTR

FJB Let's Go Brandon
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
i'll take a buick over anything else on the road. Wish they'd start makin trucks.

What do you guys think about Kabota diesel engines?

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Exactly what I thought.... There goes another one. laugh MI VHNTR

Little man complex

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

300 members (1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 27 invisible), 1,928 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,706
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.