Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I think they could use a preacher in Afganistan.

There's plenty of people here that speak English that are going to split hell wide open.
What are you going to do about this dilemma you're in?

"For the wages of sin is death..."
Romans 6

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
Rev. 20

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
You clearly choose to believe the evidence that suits your agenda, and you clearly choose to deny the evidence that doesn’t suit your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I merely point to the evidence (which you ignored). The evidence supports the reality of a Socrates who taught in the Athenian Agora. I don't need to believe this. The evidence is there. You can dispute the evidence if you like.

You choose to believe that as well. It’s OK with me that you choose to believe what you want to, and that you choose to not believe what you don’t want to.

I can't choose to believe; the evidence is either there or it is not. The evidence for Socrates lies in the accounts of multiple people who lived at the time and knew the man, one of them - Aristophanes - being a critic of Socrates.

Which is not to say that some didn't embellish the story of Socrates, only that it's likely that he existed, was a philosopher and taught in the agora.

For the record, I think that was a real Charismatic Rabbi/teacher- 'Jesus/Yeshuah' - upon which the mythology of the son of God/messiah/blood sacrifice was built.

Last edited by DBT; 12/30/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
I don't have an agenda.
Yes you do.
Originally Posted by DBT
I merely point to the evidence.
You point to the evidence that suits your agenda. But you deny the evidence that doesn’t suit your agenda.
Originally Posted by DBT
I can't choose to believe.
Yes you can, and you do.

Your beliefs are OK with me. I’m not threatened by them. I’m not bothered by them. You choose to believe what you want to, and you choose to not believe what you don’t want to. Your beliefs are yours. I’m cool with it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
One more time.[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
(BACK ON TOPIC)

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

we are all guilty of sin by choice.

No.

What do you do about ...

Ecclesiastes 7:20 ?
"For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."

Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

There's a false teaching that we are responsible for Adam's sin.
We certainly inherited the nature to sin, however the children are not punished for the sins of the father. That's where the unbiblical practice of infant baptism comes from. ALL of us sin because we have chosen to sin. We are therefore under condemnation as long as we continue to justify our own righteousness. We are not righteous according to God. The righteous one gave Himself for us to suffer in our place so we can choose to receive His gift for free by faith in Him. Jesus on the cross was just as innocent at His age as he was lying in the manger......

What do you think about that?

(BACK ON TOPIC)

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/30/21.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
I don't have an agenda.
Yes you do.
Originally Posted by DBT
I merely point to the evidence.
You point to the evidence that suits your agenda. But you deny the evidence that doesn’t suit your agenda.
Originally Posted by DBT
I can't choose to believe.
Yes you can, and you do.

Your beliefs are OK with me. I’m not threatened by them. I’m not bothered by them. You choose to believe what you want to, and you choose to not believe what you don’t want to. Your beliefs are yours. I’m cool with it.

I don't have an agenda because it suits you to believe that. You say it as a means of defense, a way of dismissing an opponent and inconvenient arguments without having to address what is said.

You do the very thing you accuse me of, and make real attempt at addressing the points being raised.

But, in your own words, "that's what you choose to believe." wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
I don't have an agenda because it suits you to believe that. You say it as a means of defense, a way of dismissing an opponent and inconvenient arguments without having to address what is said. You do the very thing you accuse me of, and make real attempt at addressing the points being raised. But, in your own words, "that's what you choose to believe." wink
laffin’

I’m cool with your agenda, and I’m cool with your choice to believe or disbelieve what you do.

I do find it funny, and very telling, that you consider me to be “an opponent.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's the best you have. Which is not much.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.