Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Every year, I plan out my traveling bow hunts for the next year. At the end of the year I reflect back on what worked and what didnt. For 2021, all of my traveling adventure bow hunts were focused on product testing the new broadhead I came up with and made, the telemetry tracking nock I spent years working on, the thermal capable drone for carcass recovery, The drop away rest Id spent years working on, the bow mounted camera mounts Im developing for go pro and I Phone cameras, etc.

With my total knee replacement surgery less than 2 weeks away, Its unlikely I will take any more animals with my bow (unless its a suburban deer cull for the city or town.) so Im looking back on 2021 a bit earlier than I normally do.

In 2021, I was fortunate enough hunt 7 of the months this year to take 20 animals (14 species) with a 64 pound bow and arrow in 4 states and Africa. The live weight total was not my highest for a single year of bowhunting but it did reach 3,900 pounds.

I had ZERO wounding losses. My homemade 6 blade, 250 grain head worked without fail. I used it on 17 of the 20 animals I arrowed. The broadhead has proven to be very effective. The tracking nock as well. This season I made many revisions to the nock for the company that hired me to design and test. Its proven to be very reliable.

The Thermal capable drone for carcass locations is a hands down winner. No animal can escape its detection and while I never had to rely on it to find any of my animals, I still put it in the air to get footage that I share with our states DNR.

Ive already got several out of state (and out of the country) bow hunts planned for 2022 and 2023 (including bowhunting muskox in Greenland) so this new knee better work out. Below are the bowhunting harvests for 2021 in the order I took them. Being a traveling bowhunter means Im not home as much as Id like but my wife comes along as her schedule allows.

Ive once again been blessed to do what I do for a living. Traveling about with a bow in hand is a very good way to make a living.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

EDIT!!!! Today I took another deer with my bow. that make 21 bow kills this year.

Your pal, the adventure bowhunter.

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/01/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Nice

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Very impressive, you had a very good year. Congrats.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Every year, I plan out my traveling bow hunts for the next year. At the end of the year I reflect back on what worked and what didnt. For 2021, all of my traveling adventure bow hunts were focused on product testing the new broadhead I came up with and made, the telemetry tracking nock I spent years working on, the thermal capable drone for carcass recovery, The drop away rest Id spent years working on, the bow mounted camera mounts Im developing for go pro and I Phone cameras, etc.

With my total knee replacement surgery less than 2 weeks away, Its unlikely I will take any more animals with my bow (unless its a suburban deer cull for the city or town.) so Im looking back on 2021 a bit earlier than I normally do.

In 2021, I was fortunate enough hunt 7 of the months this year to take 20 animals (14 species) with a 64 pound bow and arrow in 4 states and Africa. The live weight total was not my highest for a single year of bowhunting but it did reach 3,900 pounds.

I had ZERO wounding losses. My homemade 6 blade, 250 grain head worked without fail. I used it on 17 of the 20 animals I arrowed. The broadhead has proven to be very effective. The tracking nock as well. This season I made many revisions to the nock for the company that hired me to design and test. Its proven to be very reliable.

The Thermal capable drone for carcass locations is a hands down winner. No animal can escape its detection and while I never had to rely on it to find any of my animals, I still put it in the air to get footage that I share with our states DNR.

Ive already got several out of state (and out of the country) bow hunts planned for 2022 and 2023 (including bowhunting muskox in Greenland) so this new knee better work out. Below are the bowhunting harvests for 2021 in the order I took them. Being a traveling bowhunter means Im not home as much as Id like but my wife comes along as her schedule allows.

Ive once again been blessed to do what I do for a living. Traveling about with a bow in hand is a very good way to make a living.

EDIT!!!! Today I took another deer with my bow. that make 21 bow kills this year.

Your pal, the adventure bowhunter.

Very cool job you have. Are all the states you’ve taken the animals on, public land?

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Dang...you have a very successful year...congrat's. I hope you have enough wall space for all the mounts that will be coming to your house.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by remingtonman

Very cool job you have. Are all the states you’ve taken the animals on, public land?

No, all were on private lands.

Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Dang...you have a very successful year...congrat's. I hope you have enough wall space for all the mounts that will be coming to your house.

Im pressed for space but I wont be in this house much longer. The next homestead will be lager and have a much bigger memory room.

Ive not spent any time bowhunting in the last month and instead, Im focusing on rehab for the total knee replacement and upcoming events Im sponsoring and seminars Im giving.

The knee is improving at a good pace.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to get back out there slinging arrows soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.