Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought two of the guns at a fair price, not a steal and not retail, as a package deal. I have dealt with Dave for years buying and selling him stuff. He is a class act all around.

He isn’t getting anything but bad lip service it seems just for helping a friend out.

Spence

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by EMoore
$hitshow is the best way I can describe this thread. Jeff's aunt could have picked a much better representative to sell off her goods than the asshat OP.

LOL pissed you didn't get the one you wanted? My guess is you're a greedy whore and wanted to snatch up whatever you could for pennies on the dollar rather than help an old lady out by being fair. JMO of course.

Nope, not at all correct. You can take your opinion and stick it sideways.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by spence1875
I bought two of the guns at a fair price, not a steal and not retail, as a package deal. I have dealt with Dave for years buying and selling him stuff. He is a class act all around.

He isn’t getting anything but bad lip service it seems just for helping a friend out.

Spence

I’ve had the same experience with David, and there’s very little reward in taking on somebodies estate to settle.

The “Classified Cowboy” crowd is just butt hurt - too early in the year to be crying already.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/02/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for taking this on David, despite the attacks from the sharks. It's a thankless job trying to help out in an estate sale, when everyone is looking to buy something at a price they can flip for a profit that'll give them bragging rights for the year, and the family doesn't know what to charge. I've done this a couple of times for a widow, and got grief from both the potential buyers and the widows family. The potential buyers think they should get a chance to lowball the widow, and the family is always sure that the deceased's stuff is antique roadshow million dollar finds. A reasonable price to sell in a reasonable time period makes neither side happy.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
No butthurt here, I just wanted to see a price. Usually gunbroker is for bidding.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
$hitshow is the best way I can describe this thread. Jeff's aunt could have picked a much better representative to sell off her goods than the asshat OP.

Maybe you Classifieds Cowboys shouldn’t drink before posting.
David’s a good guy trying to help a widow out and you get all butthurt that the post didn’t follow your guidelines.
SMH

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys.

BTW, the 375 is a standard Hawkeye, not an African.

I can’t even find one on gunbroker to compare prices with, nimrod elsewhere. Pictures coming within the hour.

So we’re back to zero on this on.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh, Emmy,

My feelers are hurt!

John Stark.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by spence1875

Spence

Nothing wrong with helping someone out but there is a right way and a wrong way. He chose the wrong way this time. Prices should have been posted because thus isn’t an auction site.

Texas bred and born
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you’d read any part of this you’d have known that we had no idea on prices, that was the first ask.

And nothing was auctioned. Spence walked Jeff through what he thought a good retail price would be and what those two guns were worth to him. Period.

Others provided cost details without any intention of buying, just trying to help.

So, after all the complaining, Jeff decided to just take the rest of the guns to a local FFL and consign them.

John Stark.
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Just because someone is helping a person out, doesn't mean they're doing things the way they should. The whole show-and-tell posting was a bunch of bullshit. If you wanted sealed bids via PM, you should have asked for that. I asked for details/price and never received anything. It's all good tho, I don't feel like I missed out on anything that DW was selling, I just hate to see stuff like this happen here and nobody calls anyone out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so what did the luger sell for??

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Good move on Jeff's part. Anymore I just don't want to deal with people.

GLWS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just because someone is helping a person out, doesn't mean they're doing things the way they should. The whole show-and-tell posting was a bunch of bullshit. If you wanted sealed bids via PM, you should have asked for that. I asked for details/price and never received anything. It's all good tho, I don't feel like I missed out on anything that DW was selling, I just hate to see stuff like this happen here and nobody calls anyone out.

Just let it go dickweasel. It's not your problem.

LOL
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (2500HD, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 30 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.