Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think the Covid issue has made it worse. I can barely tolerate the sight of them on TV, yet alone listen to the sh*t that comes out of their lying mouths.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
OZ has no (selected) gerrymandered districts as boundaries are set by the Australian Electoral Commission whereas in the US they are set by the GOP and Dems. BIG DIFF!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I think that distain for politicians is pretty universal. Someone said that the trouble with democracy is that you always end up with a politician. But I di sometimes think that many of us take our freedoms for granted. (I realise at this point there may be comments about Covid and gun control ).
But we can, under normal circumstances move around our country freely from one State to another without "papers". We have freedom of assembly and we can deride our leaders as much as we like. Try that in Moscow or Beijing.
Anyone who chooses not to vote should try living in a country where that freedom doesn't exist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
I think that distain for politicians is pretty universal. Someone said that the trouble with democracy is that you always end up with a politician. But I di sometimes think that many of us take our freedoms for granted. (I realise at this point there may be comments about Covid and gun control ).
But we can, under normal circumstances move around our country freely from one State to another without "papers". We have freedom of assembly and we can deride our leaders as much as we like. Try that in Moscow or Beijing.
Anyone who chooses not to vote should try living in a country where that freedom doesn't exist.

We can "under normal circumstances" move around between states without papers and have freedom of assembly? In other words we only have these rights depending on governments definition of when and what normal is, and when it isnt , we now need papers lol.

Good heavens talk about putting a good spin on things. You take the glass half full philosophy to mean the glass is totally missing but you are still happy you can drink out of the toilet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 72 invisible), 3,284 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.