Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hookeye
So when do zombies start showing up?

thats action shows aka I will take what shows do men watch for 1000(sorry jag) alex........bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ledvm
Originally Posted by bpas105
I can deal with an F-bomb here and there, but it seems that's the only word they know - even the kids!

Exactly! ^^^

Why?

Yep. The language could be calmed down. Unfortunately that kind of language is all over the TV nowadays. Over the holidays I was channel surfing and about every show on used inappropriate language. It’s just another reason to not watch TV.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Never have seen it.

Is the acting and action better than Rat Patrol???

No the only show that had better acting than that was McHale's Navy!

Don't forget Hogan's Heros! Ya just don't see great writing and acting like that anymore!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Still better than the 1000 cop shows on every channel

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Everything I have seen that was written or directed by Taylor Sheridan is at least decent. Yellowstone ain't perfect, but it beats the hell out of most other programs on right now. Hardly any homos, trans, ghetto thugs, rap music, etc. Plenty of mountain scenery, horses, leverguns, shootouts, fistfights. Does not feel like wasted hour to me each week.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Knowing full well how fickled Hollywood is, and with the spotlight shining so intensely on him now, I figure writer Taylor Sheridan is trying to grab all the loot he can, while he can, for as long as he can.

He's made a name for himself with Sicario and the sequel, Hell or High Water, Wind River on the big screen and now moving into writing TV serials which has become a quite lucrative genre with Yellowstone, 1883, 6666 and Mayor of Kingstown .

Watched a 2021 movie on HBO just last week that he wrote, directed and produced, tilted, Those Who Wish Me Dead, that starred, Angelina Jolie, and co-stared, Finn Little, the same boy that also plays Carter on Yellowstone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can deal with an F-bomb here and there, but it seems that's the only word they know - even the kids. I had to sit through one episode when the sister-in-law and her husband visited, but no more, thankfully.

Even a foul mouth like me thinks its a little much.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Question for you Texans. Is the 6666 ranch a real place?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Absolutely. Headquarters Guthrie, TX King county. The story goes that a guy named Burk Burnett won it in a poker game with 4 6's. His daughter Ann Burnett died recently and it was sold in toto to a syndicate that involved the writer of Yellowstone.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Hell yes the 6666 is real. I worked there along time ago. Lived at the chuckwagon pulled by mules for months at a time during spring and fall gathering. Good cowboys and rough horses.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anteloper
Question for you Texans. Is the 6666 ranch a real place?

Sure enough.

Taylor Sheridan, and some investors he rounded up, bought it not long ago.

We'll see if they fugg it up...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
That’s interesting. Wondered about the name origin. Glad it wasn’t satanist’s...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sons of Anarchy on horses. Probably helps the sales on Tony Lamas.

Also a Taylor Sheridan Show

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What is it that you guys are watching that is so much more entertaining than Yellowstone?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I can deal with an F-bomb here and there, but it seems that's the only word they know - even the kids. I had to sit through one episode when the sister-in-law and her husband visited, but no more, thankfully.

Even a foul mouth like me thinks its a little much.

I thought the same thing when I tried to watch Deadwood. It was over the top. A good F bomb needs to come naturally 😁

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s right in my lane. Though granted the ranch being attacked each season blanches belief ability.

Smart money doesn’t normally keep showing up where people get killed for doing what they’re attempting to do.

But I find it entertaining.

When I was guiding I found we were a pretty profane bunch. Though to a man we cleaned it up in mixed company.

Still in the right conditions there’s plenty of women that have heard my sailor imitation

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It's been my experience over the past 30 years or so that I hear more and more females, especially younger ones, use profanity in common conversation fairly often as if it is no big deal and some worse than men do.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Buck Taylor was on the show last night. He was in
many a Western.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Never have seen it.

Is the acting and action better than Rat Patrol???

My man !! I have watched about 10 minutes of Yellowstone. I didn't get in to it. I stay up and watch Combat, Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High every Saturday night from my favorite recliner. When I'm tired I shut off the light and close my eyes. Still no Yellowstone.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Originally Posted by ledvm
I can deal with an F-bomb here and there, but it seems that's the only word they know - even the kids!

Exactly! ^^^

Why?

Yep. The language could be calmed down. Unfortunately that kind of language is all over the TV nowadays. Over the holidays I was channel surfing and about every show on used inappropriate language. It’s just another reason to not watch TV.

I too get tired of all the F bombs.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 2500HD, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,124
Posts18,502,421
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.