-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My wife is a dedicated walker she does 5 miles at least every day. Today we had about 8 inches of new snow with similar amounts most days over the last while, the side streets are narrowed up to one lane, sidewalks still snowed in. She put on her Yaktrax (pull on ice grippers) bundled up and headed out.

She just got back I asked her how it was. Oh fine she says, glad to have the yaktrax. Most people are great, guys in their trucks slowing right down to pass as I step off the car tracks, big friendly wave give me tons of room. But the women in their Subarus are a bunch of cvnts! 😆

Last edited by Salty303; 01/06/22.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep downpour of rain women pass you like bobby unser

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is she sure they were women?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, some people, inserting anyone stupid as fĂ»ck that can’t properly drive in snow won’t move over. Too afraid that if they angle their vehicle anymore than straight ahead, they’ll slide off the road.

đŸŠ«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Is she sure they were women?

They appeared to be women but I don't think she asked how they identify themselves. lol

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Yeah, some people, inserting anyone stupid as fĂ»ck that can’t properly drive in snow won’t move over. Too afraid that if they angle their vehicle anymore than straight ahead, they’ll slide off the road.

đŸŠ«

I'm pretty sure she'd be cool with the nervous Nellys, as long as they go slow. Its the entitled get out of my way and my mighty Suburu that got her pissed!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Salty, ya old codger, I hope you shoveled the driveway, while she walked ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Salty, ya old codger, I hope you shoveled the driveway, while she walked ?

I did some shoveling all right, but handled most of it with my 700 Grizzly and front plow grin
Got our end of the street and neighbors drives done looking good on Salty road. No biotches on our street I will add

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The boss was pretty PO'd. Not very often she lets the C word fly.... yikes!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Salty;
Good afternoon sir, I trust that other than the snow dump that you're all well out west.

We got about 8"-10" this morning, enough to make our morning walk at 5:00AM seem like work, but I'd plugged in the little 4WD diesel tractor when we left the house and so it fired despite it being -12°C.

I did our rural driveway so she could get up it and get to work, then began to plow out a couple of the neighbors as well as the rural mailbox area.

Another neighbor across the gully stopped for a quick session of shooting the bull - too many wolf tracks up top says he, so since he just did his CORE I'm trying to convince him he needs some sort of anti-wolf device to ride along when he and his young buds go winter 4x4ing.

Anyways wouldn't you know it Salty, here comes an older Outback just handling it on our unplowed backroad. Young buddy in his full size GMC and I on the tractor both moved out of the way while the bearded hipster looking youngster careens past us glaring that we'd impede his progress.

I know which winery he works for too Salty and he drives like he stole it regardless of the season, but honestly in 10" of unplowed snow one would have "hoped" he'd slow down a tad, you know?

Well sir, that's my snow, Subaru and Okanagan Lumbersexual report for the day, both uninspiring and uncharacteristically brief for me! laugh

All the best to you folks. Stay warm, well and dry.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dwayne, and here I thought the Subies were driven by the kinder gentler crowd. Not so much I’m starting to think!
😳

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Most of the Lesbaru drivers I've met were the Butch variety of the sub-species!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I would like to drag some caltrops sometime with all the quunts in so big of a hurry to get somewhere while they are multitasking with the intent to drive!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha, Subarus don’t have the requisite ground clearance for 10” of wet snow.
They need the momentum to make “progress” .
Slow down for courtesy, and they are bogged down & stalled out ; just spinning & digging 4 polished holes for themselves, and looking for a push

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well today its about 14 F so the snow is crunchy with decent grip you could make it around in 2 wheel drive with summers so they could slow down from warp 10 with no issue. They just C U next tuesdays.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal

We got about 8"-10" this morning, enough to make our morning walk at 5:00AM seem like work, but I'd plugged in the little 4WD diesel tractor when we left the house and so it fired despite it being -12°C.

All the best to you folks. Stay warm, well and dry.

Dwayne

D-Wayner,

-12*C hey, that's pretty cute !!

We were -28*c this morning, & most of the day, it felt like.

Only going to be -32*C in the morning though !

grin

Paul.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Ha, Subarus don’t have the requisite ground clearance for 10” of wet snow.
They need the momentum to make “progress” .
Slow down for courtesy, and they are bogged down & stalled out ; just spinning & digging 4 polished holes for themselves, and looking for a push

wrong

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, the "guesser" got it wrong, by enough, that if I catch him, I'm gunna knee him in the cods !

-38*c here this fine frosty morning.

First square tires, of the winter.

Wumpity, wump for about a kilometre !

Might go fishing tomorrow.

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Working when I drove three states up here, it was the little light cars, think Pontiac Grand Am's, and the 4wd trucks that were usually off the road in the ditches. Those little ones are like a pea on a platter and the trucks with the big wide hard tires and high center of gravity could go, but they couldn't stop. Add snow and black ice to inattentive driving, cruise control and cell phone use and we have a problem. Then go south where they seldom see snow and their NASCAR spacing and it is a wonder people make it through the winter unscathed.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Salty303: I am sure your wife will live longer and healthier for her efforts now.
Good for her.
I am jealous of her commitment and intensity.
But may I interject a word or two of caution for her.
I was a policeman for 29 years in a large, wet, west coast city.
Had an incident that could pertain here occur once.
A middle-aged Doctor would get up very early every morning (4:30 AM) and go for a run around that city's "Bell Town" community.
Often of course running in the dark and or rain.
One rainy morning he was jogging along and a car unintentionally mashed him nearly to bits at a crosswalk!
When we got to the scene his screams of agony were nearly deafening - he had (among MANY other injuries!) 2 (two!) compound fractured legs!
Trying to stem the flow of blood on an agonizing wet and convulsing human is next to impossible.
Waiting for the Medic-One responders to arrive with pain killers and Doctors on board the wounded Doctor screamed out he would NEVER run on a street again!
My partner and I just hoped he would live through the upcoming misery fest he was enduring and in for.
Have your wife go to the high school running track or a city park OR get a home running exercycle.
I would NEVER advise running along, on or across roads or streets on a regular basis - to many drugged up weirdos, drunks and ignoramuses out there anymore.
Best of luck to your Mrs. whichever path she takes.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (3333vl, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.