Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm in the market for a well serviced Land Cruiser as I consider them to be the finest vehicles ever made, probably the 100 series 2006-2007 model. What are the pros and cons of these vehicles besides the poor fuel economy? Looking for some insight. Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I can tell you that if you own an older one that is in very good condition that there will not be a month that goes by that someone will not offer you a fair bit of cash for it. 60 Series are like classic muscle cars in that they are only going up in value.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Get it accessorized. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I can tell you that if you own an older one that is in very good condition that there will not be a month that goes by that someone will not offer you a fair bit of cash for it. 60 Series are like classic muscle cars in that they are only going up in value.

Sweet right there. I know these 100 Series Cruisers have the 4.7L V8 that also came in the early 2000's Tundras. We had a couple of those Tundras put to use here in the oil field and they were superb. We put 250k+ on both of them. We had way better luck with those two than the late model ones (2014-2015) we had.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Same holds true if you own an FJ -- any year
RB

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any well maintained uzj 100 or lx470 with less than 200k on the clock will most likely run $22,500 to 28,000 in the current market.
Better deals can be found, but few and far between.

Maintenance records, timing belt and water pump every 90k, and the holy grail of the drivers seat without a hole in it are signs of a nice one.

Make sure the sun roof opens, check the rear upper and lower hatches for rust at the interior welds.

Good luck!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the 100 is 10% of the 80 series. You'll keep it till you are tired of it or you die...they're tough.

My lx450 gets hit on all the time.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A good place to start - https://forum.ih8mud.com/.

Lots if info and help. I have an 80 series (1997) and a 100 (2005 LX470). Love them both. The 100 is a much better and more comfortable daily driver. A good 100, as noted above, is getting more expensive and harder to find but they run and run and run. If you are of a mechanical bent you can do most of the work on it yourself. Parts are are pretty well available. I never plan to sell either of mine. A used 200 series would be great too, although personally I like the 100 better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't Toyota stop making the Landcruiser last year?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
Didn't Toyota stop making the Landcruiser last year?

Nope, 2021 was the last year they're selling them in the US. Still being made for the "other than USA" market.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm in the market for a well serviced Land Cruiser as I consider them to be the finest vehicles ever made, probably the 100 series 2006-2007 model. What are the pros and cons of these vehicles besides the poor fuel economy? Looking for some insight. Thanks.

This is one in Virginia Beach with a Dealer named Aytumen Akyildiz

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/600550421204069

Driven 141,830 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: White · Interior color: Gold
Fuel type: Gasoline
14.0 MPG city · 18.0 MPG highway · 16.0 MPG combined
Excellent condition

2007 Lexus Lexus GX GX 470 Sport Utility 4D
$13,950

Not sure if legit or not...

$14k is a very good price in my mind.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These guys are exporting full restoration examples of both the Landy and Cruiser from Namibia. But the wait is very long for one - wildveld4x4.com

There are others who do the same from South Africa and the UK. Pricy, but they are like new restored.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
These guys are exporting full restoration examples of both the Landy and Cruiser from Namibia. But the wait is very long for one - wildveld4x4.com

There are others who do the same from South Africa and the UK. Pricy, but they are like new restored.

That Defender would be killer.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Had a FJ40 and a couple 80 series. My kids called the 40 a "Landbonker", not old guy friendly. IME, they all drink like Dean Martin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it is 25 year or older, you can import without any restrictions. That means no smog BS in most states. In any event, the most desirable models of the Landy and Cruiser are the mid 1990's and earlier as most were still built on their truck frames and are largely bullet proof.

I like that Landy 130 as well. Was not imported here in the US. They are a beast off road and one can still work on them in the field. I suppose that's why they are still so prevalent in many third world countries.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
JGRaider;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the weekend was a good one for you folks and you're all well.

I'm wondering if it's legal for you folks to license and/or drive right hand drive rigs in your part of the world?

There's a pretty big market/industry up here with dealers bringing in very low mileage vehicles from Japan. My buddy's father had a 2 door diesel Land Cruiser and his sister had a 4 door diesel from there.

I want to say a niece of ours also has a nice RH drive gas either Land Cruiser or the Lexus LX.

Anyways if that's an option there's quite a few dealers up here importing all sort of vehicles and one could possibly contact them.

I will say one caution is that not all parts are compatible with North American market vehicles, for example the headlight mounts are slightly different so I'm told.

Good luck with your search whichever way you decide and all the best to you all.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/10/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Righthand drive is legal in the US. And in regards to parts, no matter the make, if it is an older vehicle make damn sure you can get parts. Fortunately, both Land Rover and Land Cruiser are ubiquitous around the globe so finding parts isn't a huge problem, but it might be pricy. Many folks who import them source parts from South Africa and Australia as they are about a quarter of the price compared to the UK and Japan.

A friend imported a 1993 Landy Discovery 110 and paid a fortune (almost $100K) from a UK restoration shop. The same quality restoration from South Africa is in the $65K ballpark.

Here is a UK group that is doing amazing work - https://www.outlandervehicles.com/ready-to-drive (if you can afford it)

Last edited by STRSWilson; 01/10/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
STRSWilson;
Good morning to you down in Georgia sir, thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

As I couldn't recall what rig the niece had I've actually just texted her and she has a Surf, which is a 4Runner sized rig, not a Land Cruiser.

She said parts are slow out of Japan because of the life/beer flu being a pain, but as you said most stuff is available somewhere - but indeed there are costs involved one needs to be prepared for.

Hers was something like a '96 or just a bit newer, but had silly low mileage like a lot of the rigs coming here from Japan seem to. For the most part they seem to be meticulously maintained too.

Thanks again and all the best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J

Yep Mackay every time I drive mine someone begs to buy it. Been in the family since new and barely broke in at 72,000 miles.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.