S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Springcove
Damn tourists…😜

Kid was from Price

I know. I watched it. They do some amazing recoveries.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They seem like good people.
The towing business is crooked as hell. And that shades
the good ones. One thing people don't understand about getting
a tow and the price. I sure doesn't cost that much to come tow you.

But, if you want towed, you have to pay for the ability.
Not juyst the expertise, but the machine. It costs a hell of a lot
of money to have the man and machine to pull your ass. And the
only way it works is for each job to pay its share of overhead.

The company I worked for bought a new heavy rotator about 5 years ago.
$750,000.

For a machine that only leaves the garage for a few hours a month.
They have to charge an ungodly rate just to cover the payment.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve watched the other show.

Diesel Dave or something ( not diesel bros ).

He does a lot of big equipment recovery.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting video. Thanks for posting. I've had some experience with big snow cats but that was 42 years ago when I was a snow maker and groomer. Most of my snow cat hours were just going up & down hill pulling a compactor to pack it all down. They are pretty cool machines; neat to drive but ungodly expensive. I would have loved to try some of that recovery type stuff with one. They can pull some serious weight even going up hill. Still want to know what that must have cost that Jeep owner. Had to be a small fortune.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeep driver's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

1Minute
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What's 4WD do that 2WD won't?

Get you stuck further back in there...

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Great videos!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That made for a good y tube episode, but a hand full of experienced jeepers could have got him out.
Those snow cats are pretty cool, but they have limits also, I once buried a Bombardier snow cat (that would make Matt's look like a toy) on top of a mountain in Montana, the hole I dug was big enough for several Jeeps to fit in. It was during a blizzard and we had to abandon it till the next day, took two snow cats to extricate it. I was grooming ski slopes at the time

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Back in the late 90s I took the wife and kids to lake powel. Our group and several others drove onto a beach area near bullfrog. It was pretty hard packed. Then it dried out and the wind kicked up and everyone got stuck. The wrecker from bullfrog came and got stuck. The guys from hurricane came out and as soon as they showed I knew they had skills. Lots of cable and big steel plates. They backed in their wrecker on top of the plates and ran cable to each vehichle one at a time. They were laughing at the bullfrog tow guy. Cost me $300. Worth every penny as I had young kids and it was 105 and no shade. They must of pulled 10-15 rigs out that day and made bank.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
That made for a good y tube episode, but a hand full of experienced jeepers could have got him out.
Those snow cats are pretty cool, but they have limits also, I once buried a Bombardier snow cat (that would make Matt's look like a toy) on top of a mountain in Montana, the hole I dug was big enough for several Jeeps to fit in. It was during a blizzard and we had to abandon it till the next day, took two snow cats to extricate it. I was grooming ski slopes at the time

I'd of drove it out of there.

Could've shoveled an area clear big enough to turn it around.
Pack a nice little ramp in to get back on top of the snow and haul azz early in the morning when the snow was most setup.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA

Pack a nice little ramp in to get back on top of the snow and haul azz early in the morning when the snow was most setup.

This beast was 10' wide , when you got off the packed and groomed track, instead of moving forward you went down..... the hole was epic..... oh and this was at 3am.... in a blizzard. I radioed another snow cat to get me , but they could not make it to me for 3hrs as there was a blizzard happening with zero visibility.... that is how I got in the predicament in the first place

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kinda reminds me of a couple of towing outfits in Wendover, NV. The go go speed racer city savages think they’re some kind of Bonneville Salt Flats driver and start to head out across them off of I-80. Pretty soon they discover that salt layer is only a thin crust except in August and sink to their axles & frames. The towing service charges by the foot to get em back on the asphalt and they had lots and lots of chain/cable.

There was a jeep that got waaaay the hell out there one time. Maybe a couple of miles. The thing was almost new and the idiot driver buried the thing. It was too far out to get back and sat there. Each time I would drive by it would be a little lower on the horizon as the salt slowly ate the thing away. After about three or four years you couldn’t see it anymore. That one mist have hurt as insurance doesn’t cover that kind of stupidity.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA

This beast was 10' wide , when you got off the packed and groomed track, instead of moving forward you went down..... the hole was epic..... oh and this was at 3am.... in a blizzard. I radioed another snow cat to get me , but they could not make it to me for 3hrs as there was a blizzard happening with zero visibility.... that is how I got in the predicament in the first place

I was speaking of the Jeep in the video, lol...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That video was 7 minutes of fluff before they even started towing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That video was 7 minutes of fluff before they even started towing.

You're not familiar with youtube channels, are you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't help but think the super wide tires that jeep had was the problem when trying to drive in deep snow. Wide tires don't dig through the snow tending to float on top because of the low pounds per square inch on the contact patch. Those super wide tires look "bad" and IMO only work well in sand after deflating them. If the owner had chains that might have helped too.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Actually when the snow is semi-packed and real deep, the wide low aired tires are the best because you're trying to stay on top and avoid breaking through and getting high centered.

Last edited by TRnCO; 01/10/22.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have dumped a lot more air myself.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone needs to explain to the bimbo that 28* is colder than 31*.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Someone needs to explain to the bimbo that 28* is colder than 31*.

Some of us enjoy a good bimbo from time to time 😁

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.