Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Started to post something similar few days ago but didn’t. Now since I’ve walked the walk it’s a more appropriate time. Just want to maybe give a little additional information to those who are currently with the chicom flu or who are worried about contraction.

Addressing the most recent flavor of Covid I can tell you thru personal experience omicron takes 2 to 3 days for symptoms to occur. Then another 2 to 3 to give it to my wife. I was symptomatic on 01/02 after being exposed to a large group of people on 12/30, 12/31, and 01/01. Wife became symptomatic on 01/04. I had been using prescribed hydroxychloriquin for another ailment for about 6 weeks and have been taking another medication with antiviral properties for several months. Wife had started ivermectin as a profalaxis about a week before our exposure (large wedding and New Years Eve party).

I was tested 01/05 and administered the wrong monoclonal antibodies, Regeneron, but am 90% over it today. Never had a fever. We knew my wife was positive but was diagnosed 01/06, just in case she needs documentation. She’s more fatigued than I was and a little more congested, but is already coming out the other side. In addition to HCQ and Ivermectin we were fortunate to have azithromycin available along with zinc, vitamin D and vitamin C. I’m 71 my wife 65. I’m a 3 time cancer survivor from 2017-18 and have had 4 major surgeries between 12/17 and 06/19. Also had 58 radiation treatments and was diagnosed with PMR in early 2020. ACCORDING TO THE CDC I SHOULD HAVE DIED.

Prior to our contraction of omicron my wife and I have lived our lives as normally as possible since this all started, wearing masks only when needed to avoid unnecessary conflict. As an aside my 83 yo sister, long term smoker and overweight, had Covid several months back as did her two daughters and their spouses. All used the same medications as my wife and I and suffered no long term damage. This week, even with natural antibodies onboard, my sister home tested positive the same time as me after attending the same celebrations. She is barely congested and remedicating.

Yes I know people have died. But my personal experience and that of my immediate family leads me to believe as most of you this is a manufactured crisis. I, in what can be described as a compromised state of health, have been in a good number of health care facilities, among other people while shopping, and only contracted Covid when the diluted and most contagious version omicron came around. This after I knowingly risked infection by being in close contact with with around 175 people two days running celebrating my daughter’s wedding. My wife has accompanied me on all these rounds. Knowing what I suspected all along I would do it all again. My wife and I have been a LOT sicker than this. YMMV.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
A friends granddaughter had a 37 yo ex marine building construction husband get it. He tried to tough it out. 5th or 6 th day he woke up clammy, made it through the day. They went to bed that night. She woke up the next AM but he didnt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It certainly affects everyone differently. Our bodies are big chemistry factories and react differently. Wife’s cousin spent 5 days with us, left New Year’s Eve day, calls the next day from PA feeling horrible. She got tested positive - has the vid, still positive. She is not a healthy person but the good news is feeling better. We were ok.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You didn't mention your vaccination status.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Based on everyone I’ve seen with Delta vs Omicron (the main 2 variants out now), it looks like Delta is considerably worse. No one I’ve seen with Omicron had their breathing affected much, if at all, there’s a possible 2-3 day fever, sore throat, light cough, and fatigue. I had delta about a month ago, as did my wife and son. We had no energy, my O2 was depressed, horrible cough, fever for 8-9 days (my mothers was 14), and a month+ recovery. I wasn’t something to play with, but the respiratory issues delta brings are the biggest problem from what I’ve seen.

IC B2

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kingston
You didn't mention your vaccination status.

0 jabs

And have more confidence in antiviral medications as preventives/profalaxes than the so called vaccines. And more confidence in them as treatment than what the government paid hospitals and physicians suggest.

Last edited by shootem; 01/10/22.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
So how do they know which variant you have? I'd read their ability to test for that was very limited and even if they did it the results wouldn't be back in time to help with the decision on which moncolonal treatment to administer.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
So how do they know which variant you have? I'd read their ability to test for that was very limited and even if they did it the results wouldn't be back in time to help with the decision on which moncolonal treatment to administer.

They did a brain swab thru my nose quick test. I’m saying omicron because that’s what’s dominating testing around here. Plus the symptoms are very mild for both my wife and me. The monoclonal I received was no silver bullet. I felt pretty much the same next day and day after. That too is supposedly characteristic of omicron.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very good and detailed report. Lots of data laid out. The prophy hydroxychloroquine I am very glad that that may have helped.

You planned well.

Hope you all make a complete recovery.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shootem, what anti- viral meds were you already on? Can you share that here or PM?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
what is your source for the horse medicine? we need to beef up our supply. we got our original supply from americas front line doctors. but they take too long to get it going. I was already in the 5th day before I was able to get any.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Delta is the worst so far, omicron seems like a bad cold for most. The best bet is not tough if out if starts getting bad, oxygen and antibody treatment can help or it could be too late. It's a bit of crap shoot on how your body is going to react.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did not get the jab. 63 yo, smokes, not fat or other health issues. I take vitamins and have a decent diet.

Monday August 30 woke feeling congested, [bleep], low energy. Thought allergy related. Felt very disoriented, vertigo type chit. Tuesday, Wednesday, worse. Thursday September 2 went to urgent care for the rona test. Got result Friday, rona positive.

Froedtert system has a daily wellness email/online that I responded to daily. Got some coaching from them.

They said if I feel that I'm getting critical (whatever that means) go to ER, as urgent care can't do much. Otherwise, eat, hydrate, 10 or so deep lung filling breaths hourly, sleep on side or belly to prevent lungs from filling suffocation while sleeping on back (that's what nurse said). Try to be active, which I did by walking the labrahound dog. These were some slow interrupted walks, but probably had a very good affect. Nurse staff said I could use Ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve symptoms. I decided not to as those meds mask symptoms and I wanted to monitor how I felt without the meds.

Symptoms were: zero energy, way short breath, no appetite, low fever 98.6° or so, disoriented. Froedtert sent an oximeter that showed up in mailbox Saturday September 11 I recall. Oximeter results 94-95% blood oxy, which isn't too bad, but questionable.

Woke September 14 feeling much better. The main nasty symptoms lasted ~12-14 days. Another two weeks or so of short breath, but I had appetite back!

I have no idea if this was regular C19, or the Delta thing. One bright spot is I now have an immune system that has experienced rona. Thus, God given antibodies.

Just stuck the oximeter on stink finger now. Blood oxy 96, highest it's ever been, probably due to the butts.

GOA
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Shootem, what anti- viral meds were you already on? Can you share that here or PM?

I use amitriptyline for sleep. It was originally developed as a crazy pill. The big deal about it is that it resides in human cells and prevents covid’s spike proteins from entering. Inside the cell is where Covid/SARS replicates. No entry no replication. There’s a whole class of drugs that do this and many are for psychotic therapy. Another is an antifungal. Can’t remember the name of the group right now. I’ll check with the wife tomorrow. She’s a retired nurse and has become a real sleuth on this subject.

BTW, amitriptyline is a great bedtime treat for those that may need something to sleep. Beats the crap out of ambien and such. Fairly benign as far as side effects go. It lets you sleep rather than making you sleep. If you want to stay awake you can. It is also prescribed for chronic headache and that was my first exposure to it. Had a level 4 or 5 concussion from a car wreck years ago and was prescribed the med for that. I would try weaning off occasionally and finally the headaches went away. No withdrawal issues at all and no jonesing for more.

Last edited by shootem; 01/10/22.

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
what is your source for the horse medicine? we need to beef up our supply. we got our original supply from americas front line doctors. but they take too long to get it going. I was already in the 5th day before I was able to get any.

We got it thru a similar channel a month or so ago when the bad version was around.

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
I did not get the jab. 63 yo, smokes, not fat or other health issues. I take vitamins and have a decent diet.

Monday August 30 woke feeling congested, [bleep], low energy. Thought allergy related. Felt very disoriented, vertigo type chit. Tuesday, Wednesday, worse. Thursday September 2 went to urgent care for the rona test. Got result Friday, rona positive.

Froedtert system has a daily wellness email/online that I responded to daily. Got some coaching from them.

They said if I feel that I'm getting critical (whatever that means) go to ER, as urgent care can't do much. Otherwise, eat, hydrate, 10 or so deep lung filling breaths hourly, sleep on side or belly to prevent lungs from filling suffocation while sleeping on back (that's what nurse said). Try to be active, which I did by walking the labrahound dog. These were some slow interrupted walks, but probably had a very good affect. Nurse staff said I could use Ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve symptoms. I decided not to as those meds mask symptoms and I wanted to monitor how I felt without the meds.

Symptoms were: zero energy, way short breath, no appetite, low fever 98.6° or so, disoriented. Froedtert sent an oximeter that showed up in mailbox Saturday September 11 I recall. Oximeter results 94-95% blood oxy, which isn't too bad, but questionable.

Woke September 14 feeling much better. The main nasty symptoms lasted ~12-14 days. Another two weeks or so of short breath, but I had appetite back!

I have no idea if this was regular C19, or the Delta thing. One bright spot is I now have an immune system that has experienced rona. Thus, God given antibodies.

Just stuck the oximeter on stink finger now. Blood oxy 96, highest it's ever been, probably due to the butts.

👍👍👍

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My sister in law came down with it 2 weeks ago. Only way she knew she was sick was because she tested positive. It is a manufactured crisis.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
shootem, if you don't mind me asking...are you on Prednisone for the PMR?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All these people getting covid meanwhile the normal flu about dissappears., remarkable really. Its sort of like never seeing clark kent and superman in the same place- no one ever put 2 and 2 together laugh

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
shootem, if you don't mind me asking...are you on Prednisone for the PMR?

To begin with I’d never heard of polymialgia rheumatica until diagnosed. It came on me after my series of radiation treatments and I was diagnosed about 6 months later. Fatigue, joint pain, loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea. I went from about 195 lbs to a low of 164. And haven’t been that light since a sophomore in high school. It’s a bad deal.

Yes, I was prescribed prednisone. Took 20mg/day for a month then 10mg/day for about 2 weeks. After that my hair was on fire and I had sparks coming off my toenails. Started having “precursors” to ‘roid rage and ended it. Weened off slowly and came back to earth. Fortunately that was enough treatment to abate the PMR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,164
Posts18,503,048
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.