Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Moved to new thread...

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Moved to new thread...

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
AIM Surplus

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember those guys from way back... think I bought some surplus from them or something like 10 years ago... or was that CTDirt...

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They had the best deals on SA suprlus 308 before it dried up....

IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I burned up some of that! And the Venezuelan in stripper clips, too, in reloadable brass... uh... Cavim, that was it. That stuff would lock up the bolt of the Savage tactical rifle I had...

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by lewis perkins
I am not married to "mil Spec" I am not shooting burst or full auto.I am not pushing the gun that hard.
But I want the most for my money. If you want to put some lowers away for a rainy day the last thing you need is to find out years later is your "bargin" lower is out of speck in some small way
Pin hole miss aligned, mag well slightly over or under size or angeled funny, too much or too little room in the trigger area
Stag is an outstanding product for the price. Is LMT better? Perhaps but it is not in the same price and avaliblity ballpark curently.

I think the right-hand Stag lowers are mil-spec. The Double Star lowers advertise they are mil-spec, but the cheaper "Superior Arms" doesn't sound like it is in the advertisement.

Parts don't often break, but mil-spec means most parts will interchange. Maybe ALL parts will interchange. I guess your match rifles are not mil-spec, as they have very close tolerances.

You don't save so much in labor when you put one together, you save because an assembled one is usually much more than $25 over a unassembled one. Generally, the assembled one comes with a pistol grip, which contains a small, tricky spring/detent that works with the safety, and the stock/buffer, which also contains a small tricky spring/detent to hold the takedown pin. Loosen that stock carelessly, and it will fly to some place God did not mean it to be, and you'll never find the spring. You can, of course, buy assembled lowers without the stock, buffer, and trigger guard, but with the rest of the parts already there, but I haven't seen them lately.

The "Superior Arms" lower said it had a "set screw" in the pistol grip for trigger adjustment. Somehow, I think this is the safety detent, but I don't know.

Last edited by Gene L; 09/20/07.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gene

That spring for the safety is easy... just gotta know its there, its easier to deal with,imho, than putting the detents and springs in for the takedown pin...

The set screw in the pistol grip-- is not the safety detent, they actually( I used to do this circa late 80s as a help.... but it was all my works IE no parts just setscrews and adjust ments...) go up under the trigger leg and push it up, in basis pulling the trigger some, a pre load or whatever you'd call it taking up slack. Gotta be careful with them and the old systems we did often required safety or trigger trimming too....

AS far as cheap vs expensive, IMHO you'll never know till you assemble the parts, any of them can be a touch out and then depending on the parts you have may not be quite right...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The set screw was advertised as a way to adjust the trigger, now that I think of it. But my triggers are adjustable anyway, and once I get them right, I locktite them to keep them from slipping.

ARs are subject to a lot of things. The most accurate AR I've ever owned was a Colt H-bar Match, during the ban. This shouldn't be, but it was.

It was one of those happy circumstances that when combined, combined magically and in just the right alignment to shoot really tighter than a Colt AR has the right to shoot, with the NATO chamber and all. The only difference from one off the shelf ws it had a floating barrel/fore-end.

I try to avoid really cheap, and seldom buy really expensive. I think for me, the average shooter, the answer lies somewhere between.

Last edited by Gene L; 09/21/07.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
So is the trigger adjust screw on Superior good, or bad? Sounds good in theory?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,191
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.