Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
What was your A1C ?

Never tested it. But Glucose always comes back either low(I was diagnosed hypoglycemia back in 90-91) or in range. This test showed Glucose at 73, range 65-99 mg/dL.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Since being treated with insulin, my triglycerides are now well within normal ranges. And the meat and veggies fixes the cholesterol.

I once went on an eggs and meat and salad routine for a few months and my doc did not believe me. He said the cholesterol and trigyclerides and etc looked excellent and asked me what I did. I told him how much meat and bacon and eggs and cheese I was eating.

He shook his head and said he did not like what I was proving to him lol

Simple. Natural oils and fats are great for you.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/12/22.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Since being treated with insulin, my triglycerides are now well within normal ranges. And the meat and veggies fixes the cholesterol.

I once went on an eggs and meat and salad routine for a few months and my doc did not believe me. He said the cholesterol and trigyclerides and etc looked excellent and asked me what I did. I told him how much meat and bacon and eggs and cheese I was eating.

He shook his head and said he did not like what I was proving to him lol

Simple. Natural oils and fats are great for you.

Glad you got it fixed. Hope I fare as well. Just cutting this f'in tea and hfcs should be a big help, but I gotta figure out how to get my diet right. Though I eat a lot of the right stuff, there might be something else im missing. This is worrying!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
Hell mine were like 500 and I had untreated diabetes and didn't know it.

Did you get it straightened out?

The only thing I know to do is cut this GD tea out pronto and maybe hop on Keto. But I dont even know how the hell Keto works. Gonna be a bitch I know that. Gotta cut the tea and carbs ASAP!

Look for an MD named Ken Berry on youtube. The man is the guru of keto, and pulls no punches where the AMA and the FDA are concerned.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Look for an MD named Ken Berry on youtube. The man is the guru of keto, and pulls no punches where the AMA and the FDA are concerned.

Was watching one of his earlier. Thanks!

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It's a hard thing to quit. Sugar is high, so it makes you feel hungry and thirsty. So you drink more sugary tea. Blood sugar goes higher. Makes you thirsty again. Big cycle.

Your body is trying to wash the sugar out thru your bladder. That's why your joints hurt and your eyes are dry. It's sucking all your moisture out to dilute the sugar.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Watch "fat head" on netflix

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Im not sure if a statin would help that much, even so I really dont wanna go the drug route. Called me dad earlier cause he lowered his cholesterol with red yeast rice, niacin and fish oil. His is perfect now. Went and bought those items this afternoon. Know it wont help the triglycerides, but will help the other markers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
No way does someone your age ever need a statin. You need to fix what is possibly a temporary problem first

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's a hard thing to quit. Sugar is high, so it makes you feel hungry and thirsty. So you drink more sugary tea. Blood sugar goes higher. Makes you thirsty again. Big cycle.

Your body is trying to wash the sugar out thru your bladder. That's why your joints hurt and your eyes are dry. It's sucking all your moisture out to dilute the sugar.

Its addicting I know that. I drink a gallon of this tea/day. I always have it with me at work. The ONLY time I drink water is in my after workout drink.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Holy schit man!

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No way does someone your age ever need a statin. You need to fix what is possibly a temporary problem first

May be right, but at 51 im gonna try the red yeast rice/niacin/fish oil even if for a bit to get things in order.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That's a lot.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Red yeast rice... check the glycemic index on that stuff first.

And learn what the index is. It will help a lot

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That's a lot.

Youre tellin me! I know guys who drink a schit ton of soda. And here I thought I was drinking healthier than them. HA! Im a fuggin idiot! Im not a freak who checks all the labels, but guess who's gonna be a freak now!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Carbs, starch, syrups, potatoes, fructose, sucrose, etc are all = sugar to your body.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That's a lot.

Youre tellin me! I know guys who drink a schit ton of soda. And here I thought I was drinking healthier than them. HA! Im a fuggin idiot! Im not a freak who checks all the labels, but guess who's gonna be a freak now!

Used know a guy who drank a 12 pack of coke a day.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You will be amazed how good you feel after a two week no sugar no flour diet. It will feel like the flu for a few days as you detox. Hang in there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Its addicting I know that. I drink a gallon of this tea/day. I always have it with me at work. The ONLY time I drink water is in my after workout drink.

Holy fook, a gallon a day! You might consider switching to chewing khat.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Red yeast rice... check the glycemic index on that stuff first.

And learn what the index is. It will help a lot

Ill look then. Havent heard anything bad, only good about ryr

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,017
Posts18,481,625
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.