Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thought on pricing is relative. High to you might be within someone else's budget for a given item. Never figured that was any of my business... bid or move on?

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I quit selling guns years ago. I have gotten to the point where I only buy new guns and stopped with the used stuff. It amazes me how someone can sell a 10 year old gun for more than I can buy new."Trigger work " scares me. Not everyone should be dicking around with triggers. Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Shipping will be computed once the transaction is complete"

"RARE"

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.

I resemble that remark! Although I’m a purist. Only prewar crayola’s. If I can ever find a blue with an intact wrapper I’ll have all the colors.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Is the guys that always post "Nice snag! "and "I can't believe it's still here?"

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I quit selling guns years ago. I have gotten to the point where I only buy new guns and stopped with the used stuff. It amazes me how someone can sell a 10 year old gun for more than I can buy new."Trigger work " scares me. Not everyone should be dicking around with triggers. Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hesp
I don't see prices coming down. You can wait & hope they do , but the price surge is on. In the months to come expect higher prices. Buy now or pay more later. The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else. Would you sell a rifle you paid $350 for a few years back for the same price today? I have bullets I bought 10 yrs ago, Would you sell them today for the same price, or at today's replacement cost ? It's not just guns & reloading, it's everything.

YOU Just Spoke the Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth !

Dirty Harry

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry

I'm fairly certain the pronoun "I" pretty much tells us he's speaking for himself.

Sincerely,

Not a crayon eater

Medics bury their mistakes..
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.

Fück Joe byron
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bunch of broke liberal whiny asses on here! Keep waiting for what you guys call reasonable and you’ll eventually run out of stock. Even retail prices have went up drastically, they will not come back down…

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
WTB ad replies:

“Good luck finding one. I have one and I’ll never sell it........”. Thanks for sharing that you have one and it’s not for sale.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
if you don't like the price don't buy it. don't you think the blue crayola tastes like bluberries!

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Why would you sell hard to find items for less than the cost to replace them
regardless of what they cost a few years back?

NRA Life member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry

I'm fairly certain the pronoun "I" pretty much tells us he's speaking for himself.

Sincerely,

Not a crayon eater

English Teachers! grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.

I'm with you on this. If the lazy asses cannot be bothered to post pics. I can't be bothered to open my wallet. Another one that gets me is when someone puts in: "The reason I'm selling", I don't care why a person is selling something and don't need to hear their reason.

That's awesome. The more of you guys that have that attitude, the more deals left for me.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
No I won't say it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Only slightly annoying, and not enough to start a thread about it, is when folks have to chime in just to let everyone know that they have one of what is being sold too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.

^^^ check ^^^

I might add, quite a few fail to disclose their location in their profile. What's up with that?

The no photo thing is a deal killer. Not posting a location is just [bleep] annoying. I started a post on this years ago that turned into 6 pages of back-and-forth with good ole' Steelhead leading the bitching. Hell, that guy was even at my house once picking something up for a fellow member! I don't want your [bleep] address, I don't care what house you live in, just the state and ideally the town because that factors HEAVILY into my decision to buy something sometimes. I HATE messing with shipping (either as a the seller or buyer) but if it is within 5 hours of me I enjoy a good road trip every now and again so it makes a BIG difference.

And for people that are "photo challenged", just send me a PM, get me the photos and I will post the pictures for you! I have done it many times for people here, and most of the time it leads to the seller actually selling the item. I even occasionally get thanked, go figure.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.

You lowball the [bleep] out of most postings dude. Bidding the 1980's price on things isn't "reasonable". Markets fluctuate, and todays inflated prices are going to more or less become the new norm. That's how it's always worked, with some exceptions (like obama era ar15's)

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fawnbleat
Why would you sell hard to find items for less than the cost to replace them
regardless of what they cost a few years back?

What exactly do you lose by selling something for the same price you paid?

I hold those who sell reasonably in higher regard than those who attempt to make a killing by taking advantage of the current political situation.

Look at the likes of Mule Deer and Charlie Sisk. Everything they've listed have always been priced below what they could get if they were less respectable men.

Anyone want to buy some land? I'm selling some for the 2008 fair market value. Be still my precious heart..some here would seize at the thought of selling for that price.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.