Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent commentary here, all of which we knew anyways.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/tara-henley-why-i-quit-the-cbc

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It was a refreshing read. You don’t usually see that kind of article written by someone who left Mothercorp - even under bad terms. Former employees seem to keep their thoughts to themselves.

I wonder what the rest of the story is behind her leaving?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
During the recent times we are in, it has become evident how some People will go against their personal ideology just to keep a job. Those who are adamant about the so-called jab, continue to go against their value's.

I find it similar to those who work at a job that go's against their own moral culture for whatever reason ie: if your a Christian and your job entails lifting up homosexuality and that is your job, how can one be happy doing that??
Good on her.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only free speech we have nowadays is the freedom not to speak our opinion against establishment so one doesn't get crucified. They are manipulating a voluntary silence form of censorship.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The CBC.... We pay to fund the propaganda arm of the Government of Canada, they brainwash Citizens who are too stupid to think for themselves, which is alot of People. They swayed the last election, generate total bullschitt regarding gun control, have fake callers phone in, screen calls for their call in segments, other than pure apathy I have no other idea why we put up with it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see the whole CBC thing go before a judge concerning it's source of funds and it's stated mandate vs it's unstated mandate.

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Just defund the CBC and it will very quickly wither away. Sadly no left leaning government would ever do that.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I haven’t watched CBC television or listened to CBC radio in a decade. I looked up CBC viewership statistics and found that I am like the majority of Canadians concerning our national broadcaster. Only 3.9% of Canadians tune in. It’s even lower for the Francophone side of CBC. The article I found stated as viewership fell federal support rose to the tune of 1.5 billion a year. Need we say more.

Nick

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You will find the comments on Twitter interesting.

Google - Tara Henley Twitter

Her story and comments are getting a lot of attention. Unfortunately for her, what is being said about the CBC will be ignored by them. An interesting read nonetheless.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
You will find the comments on Twitter interesting.

Google - Tara Henley Twitter

Her story and comments are getting a lot of attention. Unfortunately for her, what is being said about the CBC will be ignored by them. An interesting read nonetheless.

And yet Steve you repeatedly quoted and supported the facist CBC the past 2 years. Everyone remembers what an anti Canadian traitor you are. Your words ( posts) speak for themselves. Trying to reinvent yourself now really pathetic.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
And yet Steve you repeatedly quoted and supported the facist CBC the past 2 years. Everyone remembers what an anti Canadian traitor you are. Your words ( posts) speak for themselves. Trying to reinvent yourself now really pathetic.

Not taking sides here cuz I don't care, but why is it that you have to follow Steve around and waste him at every opportunity you get and ruin threads?

If you don't like what he writes or him personally, why not just ignore him and stop being an ass? That route would be far less pathetic then what you accuse others of being.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lose the TV and keep the radio. Cross country check-up and some of the other programming is OK.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bows Up
Lose the TV and keep the radio. Cross country check-up and some of the other programming is OK.

CBC has been around since 1936. Its mandate - the reason for its existence - has changed a lot since that time. It's 86 years old and has taken on a life of its own. It will be very difficult to kill.

---

Originally, it was only radio and was created to ensure that Canadians, no matter where they lived, got news, entertainment and coverage of special events like elections. Since those days, television, international radio broadcasting and the Internet have entered the picture. To keep things current, their mandate has evolved.

CBC is a crown corporation. That means it is a commercial business owned and controlled by the federal government.

In the mid 1970s, I believed the CBC had outlived its usefulness. Over its 86 years of existence, more and better commercial Canadian coverage by private broadcasters has started up and does a better job of looking after regional and national needs. The trouble is, like many government operations, once it was created, it has become almost impossible to shut down. I cannot understand why no federal government we've had in the past forty years has do so. The (approximate) 1.5 billion tax dollars the CBC is given could be better used elsewhere. As well, the real estate, much of it prime, any equipment, and other holdings that the CBC owns should be liquidated too. It's worth many millions, or perhaps billions of dollars. Who knows how much money would be made selling it off? Certainly the budgetary savings going forward would be sizeable.

Private businesses serve us better IMO. Because of federal legislation, language and cultural regulations must be followed, so the CBC is not the only broadcaster fulfilling that role. One thing is certain, once something is created by Ottawa and the money is allocated, shutting it down is devilishly difficult.

---

Here is CBC's mandate. (Note that despite it being re-written in 1991, there is no mention of the Internet or International broadcasting. Nonetheless, they spend in both areas.)

The CBC Ottawa Production Centre serves as the headquarters for the CBC

The 1991 Broadcasting Act[27] states that:[28]

...the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, as the national public broadcaster, should provide radio and television services incorporating a wide range of programming that informs, enlightens and entertains;

...the programming provided by the Corporation should:

- be predominantly and distinctively Canadian,
- reflect Canada and its regions to national and regional audiences, while serving the special needs of those regions,
- actively contribute to the flow and exchange of cultural expression,
- be in English and in French, reflecting the different needs and circumstances of each official language community, including the particular needs and circumstances of English and French linguistic minorities,
- strive to be of equivalent quality in English and French,
- contribute to shared national consciousness and identity,
- be made available throughout Canada by the most appropriate and efficient means and as resources become available for the purpose, and
- reflect the multicultural and multiracial nature of Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Broadcasting_Corporation#Mandate

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well this new move (fully funded by the state) just announced by the Liberals will serve to drive CBC further to the left supporting their paymasters. Hopefully the CBC audience continues to shrink as they become more of the media shill arm for the Liberals / cancel culture.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...-broadcaster-less-reliant-on-advertising

Hugh
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The CBC is well past its best before date. These continual problems would be over, and 1.3 billion saved annually, by scrapping it. While I think that online petitions aren't very effective, it cannot hurt.

https://chng.it/xhstTWKLRP

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I grew up watching cbc on the rabbit ears. Near the border of maine and newbrunswick, couldnt get in the bangor maine stations with any clarity.

I think mr. dress up, the littlest hobo and the racoons fked up my brain.

Most American have no idea about those three tv series, haha!

Anne of green gables, golly gee was she crush worthy........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
I grew up watching cbc on the rabbit ears. Near the border of maine and newbrunswick, couldnt get in the bangor maine stations with any clarity.

Houlton??

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Off
Originally Posted by bushrat
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak

Houlton??

Moro plantation, bout 30 miles into the woods from Houlten.

Boring as fk: below zero winters, 22 rifle, woods, snow shoes, zebco fishing pole, pack basket, kawasaki snojet, and a mckulloch chainsaw!

Bunch of crazy fkn Micmac Indians, watching cbc.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over by Rocabema lake, your right , not much there. Grew up in Woodstock, just across the border. We used to cruise around the backroads in Maine on the weekends cause they sold beer in just about any store over there. 40+ years ago. We'd by a Maine hunting licence, Back when you could drive across the border with guns sitting on the seat and the border guard didn't even blink and wished you good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.