Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by copperking81
You have to be one helluva talentless azzhole to need to rely on unions.

Rely? Id say most union members choose to be. And the lowest wage is our janitors, 24.63/hr. offered 10 hr days(OT) and time and half on sat, double on sunday...if they want it. Pretty good pension. Id say thats talent, choosing wages and benefits much higher than any other janitor in the area...by far.

There is much better money for the talented enterprising who don't have to rely on a group of grab azz dumbfuq unioners.

Wait... are you the dumazz who said earlier in the thread something like... "you strike for the future generations"???

You arent just negotiating for yourself.

That's true. You're also negotiating for automation too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Rely? Id say most union members choose to be. And the lowest wage is our janitors, 24.63/hr. offered 10 hr days(OT) and time and half on sat, double on sunday...if they want it. Pretty good pension. Id say thats talent, choosing wages and benefits much higher than any other janitor in the area...by far.

There is much better money for the talented enterprising who don't have to rely on a group of grab azz dumbfuq unioners.

Wait... are you the dumazz who said earlier in the thread something like... "you strike for the future generations"???

Automate this

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by UPhiker
[quote=EdM]
I've found that many anti-union people are just jealous because they didn't get a union job when they were young and now don't know when/if they'll ever be able to retire.

That doesn’t describe me, not by a jug full.

P

It does a lot of people on here. Every time there's a retirement thread or an investment thread, there are some on here who say "I'll never be able to retire" and "I don't have a retirement account or pension". Then, when someone starts a "union" thread, they're the biggest ones who scream about how horrible unions are.
It all depends on the union and the company. UPS is unionized and pays their workers much better than Fedex. Yet, when things get busy, UPS outperforms FDX. Why? Because their workers consider their job a lifetime career. All the FDX drivers (both Express and Ground) that I've dealt with are always bitching, complaining and looking for a new job. UPS knows if you pay your workers well, they'll reciprocate by working hard.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Back in the 80s if you crossed a Teamster picket line there would be some head busting . Too many video cameras now .

I was loading trucks at a place with that had the Teamsters Union. There was a big regional strike while I was there. The management called everybody around and told everybody not to cross the picket line.

In fact, there really wasn't a picket line. But the Teamsters placed a camper trailer at the place and would call four guys at a time to show up and hang out in the trailer playing cards.

This was back in the 70s. If push ever came to shove during a Teamsters strike, people from Chicago would show up to fix it and everybody knew it. So the management made sure to tell everybody not to get any ideas about trying to work during the strike.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
[quote=EdM]
I've found that many anti-union people are just jealous because they didn't get a union job when they were young and now don't know when/if they'll ever be able to retire.

That doesn’t describe me, not by a jug full.

P

It does a lot of people on here. Every time there's a retirement thread or an investment thread, there are some on here who say "I'll never be able to retire" and "I don't have a retirement account or pension". Then, when someone starts a "union" thread, they're the biggest ones who scream about how horrible unions are.
It all depends on the union and the company. UPS is unionized and pays their workers much better than Fedex. Yet, when things get busy, UPS outperforms FDX. Why? Because their workers consider their job a lifetime career. All the FDX drivers (both Express and Ground) that I've dealt with are always bitching, complaining and looking for a new job. UPS knows if you pay your workers well, they'll reciprocate by working hard.

We had 2 gentlemen hit 50yrs this year. How many non union companies can say the same? The turnover rate is ridiculous at most non union shops.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I broke a strike once, by working at a construction site in Connecticut as a carpenter. The carpenter's local whatever wanted another $0.15 or something, I don't know.

It was fine. I got paid to be productive and they (presumably) got paid to wave signs at me while I did it. To each their own.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Automate this

lol... suite yourself dumazz.

You union jackazzes are so far behind the times it isn't funny. You may as well be in a 1920's coal mine... that's just how fuqing antiquated you are. And your kids?!?!... for fuqs sake bro, get them an actual mentor who knows what the fug they're talking about because you sure as hell do not.

These union threads are hilarious because you clowns have no idea why the union way of life is dying off. Too stupid to figure it out and adapt. lol

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This thread is enlightening.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
suite yourself dumazz.

Classic!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Automate this

You union jackazzes are so far behind the times it isn't funny. You may as well be in a 1920's coal mine... that's just how fuqing antiquated you are. And your kids?!?!... for fuqs sake bro, get them an actual mentor who knows what the fug they're talking about because you sure as hell do not.

These union threads are hilarious because you clowns have no idea why the union way of life is dying off. Too stupid to figure it out and adapt. lol

Unions are dying off? LOL Thats funny. They took a hit for decades. Last I looked, membership is growing. I hate Democrats. I hate lazy millennials. But theyre the ones looking for bigger wages and better benefits. Theyre not getting that through diploma mills.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nobody thinks of innovation, ambition, or achievement when they think union. They think of lazy, entitled, slob azzed democrat voters.

Nobody wants that chit. They settle for it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

We had 2 gentlemen hit 50yrs this year. How many non union companies can say the same? The turnover rate is ridiculous at most non union shops.

Unions protect poor performance. Employment for life where seniority, not performance, is rewarded.

Maybe the other fellas left for better jobs.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nobody thinks of innovation, ambition, or achievement when they think union. They think of lazy, entitled, slob azzed democrat voters.

Then those "nobodys" are some stupid mfers. Who do they think builds your defense vehicles, hospitals, schools....who puts out the fires or the bad guy 6 ft under....etc etc etc

Every day you cross paths with a union member, youre just too fückin stupid to realize it, and too arrogant to admit their worth. Pathetic really.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Automate this

Let's see 6 weeks vacation a year, a cadillac health care plan 401K while easily making six figures without the burden of a college tuition loan to pay for. Exactly what would we need to adapt to?

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Unions back the enemy. F Biden and F those who voted for him. But you gotta eat and pay the bills, so suck it and make excuses for your liberal leaders.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
My union just authorized a membership poll to vote on a strike. I believe it will pass resoundingly. Never been through one and given the industry I am in (railroad) I never thought I would be? If any of you have been, I would like to hear about it.

Yeah...went through the narrow gear strike...it shewed me that union organisers make book during a strike, and the loud-mouthed arseholes making most of the noise are out scabbing as soon as no one is looking.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Been on all sides of it. Operating Engineers had (has?) a great training program for equipment operators. Later when I was a mine foreman, some of the best dozer operators came from there. When I was an operator though, the bastards also protected a lot of guys who absolutely should have been fired. My haul truck broke one night and the mechanic showed up. I got my ass chewed because I wanted to help the mechanic fix the thing. Instead, I took a four hour nap in the cab. Pretty messed up. Sadly though, this place needed a union because of the way they treated people. The hourly guys were pretty well protected. If you were salary, you were dumped on and just had to take it like a bitch. I bailed after three months and went back to school.

At another operation, I was the mine manager. Union came in to try and organize. My guys told em to go screw their hats! Ha! We kicked ass and took names and I made sure my guys were taken care of. The other operation unionized for about ten months. They saw the b/s and how they weren’t going to benefit in this case from the union taking over. They voted the union out ten months later.

At the end if the day, if you work for a good outfit who takes care of the employees, you will never need a union. There are a few garbage outfits who need to be unionized. The couple times I encountered them though, I quit and went somewhere else. I was salary then (and now) and don’t put up with getting dumped on. Too many options to put up with that.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Then those "nobodys" are some stupid mfers. Who do they think builds your defense vehicles, hospitals, schools....who puts out the fires or the bad guy 6 ft under....etc etc etc

Every day you cross paths with a union member, youre just too fückin stupid to realize it, and too arrogant to admit their worth. Pathetic really.
Plus almost every airline pilot, both passenger and cargo.

Last edited by UPhiker; 01/14/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I worked for 34 years in the telecom industry for one of the baby bells. I think we had 5 strikes in that time and most lasted just a few days to a week or two. Midway through my career I was promoted into management so when a strike was called I had to step in and do the work as a manager. In 1989 there was a very large and lengthy strike that lasted 110 days and I had to work through that in management. It was a bitter strike that created a lot of hardships on the union workers and the public. In the end the company gave in at the last minute on the funding for insurance which was the primary reason for the strike. There were a few workers who crossed the line but for the most part the union stayed well organized. That company paid much more in wages and benefits than other similar companies in the region that weren't unionized.

living the good life every day
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,148
Posts18,502,795
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.