Our club has an induction process that, I think, is a large part of the reason we don't seem to see a lot of the nonsense related here. It takes about 3 months to become a member. You need to have a current member in good standing sponsor you and attend two monthly meetings where you introduce yourself to the membership and at both meetings the membership votes on you. Between your two "vote meetings" you are required to attend a half-day orientation session where it's explained "here's how we do things here, if you don't like it, don't join." After the classroom part, there's a range session where you need to demonstrate that you can handle, load, fire a handgun without hurting yourself or others. You need to possess a current CWP or pay for a background check to be run on you. There's a $750 initiation fee that tends to filter out a lot of the riff-raff. It might sound like a lot to go through, but it's a really nice place to shoot, there are monthly events in just about every rifle and pistol discipline you can think of and a lot of people who know what they're doing if you want to learn something new. Most of all, in the couple of years I've been a member, I've seen none of the kind of bullschitt that gets related here every time we have one of these threads.

Mathew 22: 37-39