Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can't hunt with wood stocked and blued rifles anymore.

I have several nice ones that have been beaten to hell. Scraped on trucks, tumbled down skree fields, scraped on blinds.

Those have been relegated to the back of the safe. It's synthetics for me. They are just meat collectors after all...

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just got this one back from the gunsmith. It’s all Remington parts except the trigger and the recoil lug. I built it because Remington wouldn’t offer the CDL with the DM.

Attached Images

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I have several nice ones that have been beaten to hell. Scraped on trucks, tumbled down skree fields, scraped on blinds.

Those have been relegated to the back of the safe. It's synthetics for me. They are just meat collectors after all...

If they're already beat up, why not keep after it with them?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

Post up some pics of those beat to hell nice ones so we can know when to stop hunting them.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like 'em Tender. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's my thoughts too. That and I'm not going to live forever and I don't care how nice my firearms are for whoever ends up with them

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I like 'em Tender. Hint...................

Did Barrett cut the FC to focus on gov contracts (as gets touted a lot online) or was it more likely a profit margin issue similar to Kimber and the Montana?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by moosemike

That's my thoughts too. That and I'm not going to live forever and I don't care how nice my firearms are for whoever ends up with them

I'm not surprised to see that others besides me don't understand your reluctance to hunt your wood stocked rifles.

They are just meat collectors after all...

But this puzzles me even more.

I view rifles very differently than this, and I believe many others that post regularly on this forum do too.

Given your level of interest in them, I can't help but wonder why you even view and post here?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I dropped by one of my LGS's today and found a pretty good selection of new rifles and not just the lower end "price point" stuff oft mentioned above.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Interested to hear which brands were on the shelf.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In the local place I went to they had savage and Weatherby and Christensen and henry and Ruger and Sako and a few tikkas.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

This is the Golden Age of firearms availability, there are scads of very desirable old rifles in excellent condition, and there are copious amounts of high end rifles from the likes of Rigby, Westley Richards, etc. Artisans like Dorleac and Dorleac abound and thrive.

But...for those that want something for nothing I suppose pickings may be scarce.

[quote=JSTUART]

Humblebrag much?

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 01/15/22.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
[quote=JSTUART]

This is the Golden Age of firearms availability, there are scads of very desirable old rifles in excellent condition, and there are copious amounts of high end rifles from the likes of Rigby, Westley Richards, etc. Artisans like Dorleac and Dorleac abound and thrive.

But...for those that want something for nothing I suppose pickings may be scarce.

Originally Posted by JSTUART

Humblebrag much?

Yeah I thought the same thing. I'm just going to run right out and buy some Rigby's and Westley Richards. There's never been a better time. How do you spell o-u-t o-f t-o-u-c-h. 🤣

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Local shop has 2 new Remingtons in, both are chambered in 30-06. One adl/sps blued for $629 and one stainless/bdl/camo for $749. Those two and an old tang safety 77 in 300 win are the nicer ones that have came in lately.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
$600 for a forking adl. Never thought I would see that...lol

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Since I cant find a Model 7 or a Tikka t3 light I looked at a Ruger American compact in .243 Win. It is light, 6 lbs, 18" barrel for $480 . Does that sound like a decent price? There is another RAR down the road for $450 but it is not a compact. I think I will go with the Ruger. I am sure it is not the quality of a Tikka and likely not the Mod.7 neither. One guy on here is a gunsmith and he sees what guns are a problem and what ones are not. He said the Ruger has been very good and problem free. However, I am not sure it is a real quality gun. Sure, most say it's accurate but what about the rest of the gun. The springs, the machinery ETC. counts too. For $480 I am likely going to trade in my TC Encore 50 cal. with the 45-70 gov. barrel to boot . Not sure what he will give me for it though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They aren't making encores anymore...make sure you really want to get rid of it...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I thought that too. I just dont use it at all anymore. I hope he gives me a good price.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went in to a shop in Leesburg, VA Friday. Pretty slim pickins, except for ARs. Apparently everyone now has “enough” of those. Saw a couple of interesting .22s, but only a couple. Lots of shotguns, but nothing like the nice old Browning I scored there on my last trip.

Had a few old, interesting guns, but they’re excessively proud of them. Don’t know if they’re willing to dicker…..

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Went into a gun store in a neighboring town. We travelled there because there was a gun show going on. They had some nice old (current) guns that would be good to have. They had a pair of stainless model 7 rifles, a Winchester Extreme Weather and a newer Mountain Rifle with a nice synthetic stock, stainless pencil barrel. That was just a handful of things that I noticed, but nice to see something different. While I was thinking gun prices were high, and everything was getting even more expensive than it was a few months ago, these seemed normally priced. The Model 7 308 was $675, the Model 7 7-08 with leupold rail was $720 and the Mountain Rifle wasnt too bad, less than I have seen on ads, I think it was less than 800? Lever guns were through the roof. A Marlin stainless laminate 410 was like $2800! They also had a pair of Remington 700 XCR II in aftermarket stocks with rings. Looked like nice rifles. They were in the $1000 range.

Last edited by Oakster; 01/16/22.
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 6 invisible), 1,422 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.