Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Who would yay?Arness was an inch taller at 6'7" .Some pretty good Bar scenes of Arness back handing bad guys and they would fly across the room.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't be ruling out Walker against anyone. Dude was a tough SOB in real life, took a ski pole to the chest and was pronounced dead, but saved by some good doctors. I think Arness was at Anzio, biggest guy on the landing craft they put him out first to see how deep the water was.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Didn’t know the Marshall was that tall.

Last edited by hanco; 01/15/22.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco

Yeah, he was huge. That's why they cast him as The Thing. His size made the monster terrifying.

[Linked Image from midnitereviews.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, he was huge. That's why they cast him as The Thing. His size made the monster terrifying.

Never knew that either. I would have thought Clint Walker was the taller of the two.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image from midnitereviews.com]

Damn

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Arness was an inch taller but Walker was nearly 20 lb heavier. Walker did some amateur body building but I don't think he ever competed in it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Arness was an inch taller but Walker was nearly 20 lb heavier. Walker did some amateur body building but I don't think he ever competed in it.

Yeah, he kept up his physique for the roles he tended to play.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clint Walker was never an amateur bodybuilder.He did pump iron all of his life and was a bouncer at one time.

He was doorman at a Las Vegas hotel when he was discovered.

He was close to 91 when he died.

PS: James Arness had a bum leg from a previous accident.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He was an amateur body builder and he studied the Charles Atlas course. He just never did it in competition.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wiki says Clint Walker joined the merchant marine in the last months of the war at 17yo.
Can’t hold that against him. They were both good. I enjoyed both their shows. Arness was a big guy and had a great career.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rte
Clint Walker was never an amateur bodybuilder.He did pump iron all of his life and was a bouncer at one time.

Lean Wolf can tell the story from knowing him, but Arness was in full time pain the last couple of years of Gunsmoke. It was from a war injury. During the battle of Anzio, Arness' right leg was peppered with machine gun bullets, and when the bones were set they didn't mend properly, leaving him with a slight but permanent limp. The trauma of the experience mellowed into aimlessness after the war.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by rte

Lean Wolf can tell the story from knowing him, but Arness was in full time pain the last couple of years of Gunsmoke. It was from a war injury. During the battle of Anzio, Arness' right leg was peppered with machine gun bullets, and when the bones were set they didn't mend properly, leaving him with a slight but permanent limp. The trauma of the experience mellowed into aimlessness after the war.

I knew Jim, and did one movie with him. His wounds were severe and troubling him greatly. He wore compression undergarments under his pants to help keep the dropsy in both legs under control long enough to shoot a scene. The wounds are what contributed to him getting dropsy.

It wasn't a pretty sight. I saw it and the pain it caused him with my own eyes. He was a friend.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Why compare, they were both good.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neither were great but Arness was probably a better actor.

Black Cows Matter!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntz: I have never seen Mr. James Arness in person but had occasion to meet and talk with Mr. Clint Walker at the Portland, Oregon gunshow some years ago.
He dwarfed me - not just in height (I am 6' 3" tall) but his chest was at least 5" wider than mine and it was at least 5" deeper than mine!
The giant and gentle man was indeed huge - and he seemed to be enjoying himself at that gunshow.
I am certain neither gentleman would be interested in or stoop to the level of engaging each other in a fist fight if that was what you are alluding to.
I admired them both for their acting skills and gentlemanly conduct while in the public eye, most all their lives.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Huntz: I have never seen Mr. James Arness in person but had occasion to meet and talk with Mr. Clint Walker at the Portland, Oregon gunshow some years ago.
He dwarfed me - not just in height (I am 6' 3" tall) but his chest was at least 5" wider than mine and it was at least 5" deeper than mine!
The giant and gentle man was indeed huge - and he seemed to be enjoying himself at that gunshow.
I am certain neither gentleman would be interested in or stoop to the level of engaging each other in a fist fight if that was what you are alluding to.
I admired them both for their acting skills and gentlemanly conduct while in the public eye, most all their lives.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Nope,in a movie fight.I would not want to fight either one.I am a little guy 6'2" 250 pounds.Of course if I was to pick a winner it would be Arness in his prime.He was a tall lanky guy.Guys with beefed up muscle punch then selves out pretty fast.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Why compare, they were both good.

Yup!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntz: You may be correct?
I just looked up James Arness on wikipedia and found his short bio there EXTREMELY interesting!
I have enclosed a link. I am glad he had a long and full life passing away at age 88.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James Arness

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntz: Clint Walkers wikipedia bio.
If you want to assess the massiveness of Mr. Clint Walkers upper body pay attention to the picture of Mr. Walker holding the normal size human being (Ms. Lucille Ball) in the enclosed wikipedia bio!

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Walker

He is massive!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I am now giving the "edge" in a "Hollywood" scuffle between Mr. Arness and Mr. Walker to Mr. Walker.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,797
Posts18,477,411
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.