Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Wish the video of that cluster f@ck would hit UTube. Can you imagine the 'Oh [bleep]' looks on their faces when that sucker went off?

Brings new meaning to the word "oops"

Please don't feed the trolls!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
CAIR seems to be getting extra bold lately too:
http://www.americansagainsthate.org/press_releases/PR-HussamAyloushThreat.php

CAIR REP POSTS THREAT AGAINST PRESIDENT BUSH ON HIS WEBSITE

AYLOUSH WANTS AMERICA TO APOLOGIZE TO GUANTANAMO ENEMY COMBATANT SUSPECTED OF TERRORIST ACTIVITY

(Coral Springs, FL) Last month, Hussam Ayloush, the Executive Director of CAIR-Los Angeles (CAIR-California), posted on his blog a threat against President George W. Bush. The author of the threat is Sami Al-Hajj, an enemy combatant currently residing in Guantanamo Bay prison, of whom Ayloush believes should be released and apologized to.

The threat reads: �America, you ride on the backs of orphans, and terrorize them daily. Bush, beware.� As of now, it is still located on Ayloush's website.

Ayloush�s post, which contains a picture of Al-Hajj, can be found here: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2007/08/prisoner-345.html.

Americans Against Hate (AAH) calls on law enforcement to keep Sami Al-Hajj locked up and to question Hussam Ayloush as to why he would post a threat against the President of the United States on his website.

Hussam Ayloush�s profile can be found here: http://www.americansagainsthate.org/cw/profiles_cw.php.

AAH Chairman Joe Kaufman is available for interview. E-mail: infoamericansagainsthate.org.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Naturally the ACLU is jumping in:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8RO68HO0&show_article=1

ACLU, Muslims Sue FBI Over Records

Sep 18 07:48 PM US/Eastern
By GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press Writer

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - The ACLU and Muslim advocacy groups sued the FBI and the Justice Department on Tuesday, alleging that authorities failed to turn over records detailing suspected surveillance of the Muslim-American community.
The complaint, filed in U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, alleges that the FBI has turned over only four pages of documents to community leaders, despite a Freedom of Information Act request filed more than a year ago.

The request sought records that described FBI guidelines and policies for surveillance and investigation of Muslim religious organizations, as well as specific information about FBI inquiries targeting 11 groups or people.

The lawsuit states that all the plaintiffs�who include some of the most prominent Muslim leaders in California�have reason to believe they have been investigated by the FBI since January 2001.

"It sends a message that Muslim-Americans have been, and continue to be, cooperating with law enforcement, but they're concerned there might be a disproportionate focus ... on their religious practices," said Ranjana Natarajan, an ACLU attorney.

One plaintiff, Shakeel Syed, said that his organization and others have spent three years building a relationship with the FBI but that the agency's resistance to the request was troubling.

"I think it is in the best interests of the government to come clean and be transparent and forthright," said Syed, executive director of the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California. "This is a credibility issue."

FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said she could not comment on pending litigation but released a statement from J. Stephen Tidwell, the FBI's assistant director in charge for Los Angeles.

"The FBI does not investigate individuals or groups based on their lawful activities, religious or political beliefs," Tidwell said.

A message left for the Department of Justice after business hours was not returned.

The groups filed an initial FOIA request in May 2006, several months after federal law enforcement officials confirmed the existence of a classified radiation monitoring program used in surveillance at mosques, homes and businesses.

The FBI responded to the request first by saying it couldn't identify any records that met the criteria requested. After an appeal, the agency turned over four pages that dealt with the Council of American- Islamic Relations and Hussam Ayloush, the council's executive director for Southern California.

Those documents dealt with a suspected hate crime at a mosque that the council had reported to the FBI and a conversation Ayloush had with an FBI agent about cooperating with federal law enforcers, Natarajan said.

She said she believes there are many more records because each plaintiff has been interviewed by the FBI or stopped at airports for questioning. The FBI, in its responses, indicted it searched only files that hold information on active criminal investigations instead of more general files that could encompass surveillance activities, she said.

Ayloush, who said he is questioned by federal agents every time he flies internationally, said he had hoped the FOIA request would help him determine why he is stopped.

"Either ... we're being stopped because we're Muslims�which is morally wrong�or that the government must have some erroneous info linked to me that I need to be able to clear," he said.

The government has 60 days to respond to the lawsuit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinSend ACLU to Syria to oversee the "dismantling" of chem warheads grin OOOOPS! Smell this!! grin grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a plan..... check out this set of headlines and comments..... Robert Spencer rocks IMO:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This looks like a ripe opportunity for the US to give Israel "Carte Blanche" to go clean up the entire mess.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sure hope a massive attack can get the majority of launch sites in both Syria and Iran at the same time.... seems like a high probability they both have some NASTY stuff stashed away...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
seems like a high probability they both have some NASTY stuff stashed away...
Possibly made in Iraq.................nawwwwwww.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It ain't one particular country we are at war with thats for sure..... tricky business..... much as I'd like to know more about what is going on behind the scenes, I'm grateful I will not have a part in deciding who and where to pull the trigger on.... lots of room for bad errors... who coined the term "the fog of war"?
I imagine there are many who have drank themselves into early graves as a result of "collateral damage" discovered after the fog lifted....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I certainly hope that the impetus to immediately do something quite substantial in response to Syria/iran's actions is imminent. Waiting it out will prove foolish in the long run, perhaps disasterous!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
2wind...I'll settle for shutting down Iran and rendering them completely inert. The rest will fall into place.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (1234, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,422
Posts18,507,459
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.