Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My first 6.5 CM is a Vanguard2 that I bought in 02/14 and is the most accurate straight out of the box with factory ammo centerfire rifle that I have yet to own.

Back then it xoar $590 OTD and worth every dollar.

You might do better or you might do worse, since every rifle, no matter how similar to another, is an individual and you won;'t know it until you use it.

When you go up in barrel weight your gun options decrease and the price increases.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
T3x SL
Vanguard
700 SS mtn rifle with a B&C (for $1k)

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Tikka T3X

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I just bought this rifle, it was the Tikka T3x Superlight on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for $699. That model comes with a 24" barrel and 1:8 twist. It is getting a little face lift right now and going to come out a 6.5 RPM.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by LFC
I just bought a Remington 700 22" bull barrel 6.5 Creedmore new for $715.00 total tax and free shipping from a Cabelas in Washington state to the Bass Pro near me.

Those butts would never do that for me. They charge $45 to ship a gun from one store to another. I was trying for the Mitchell SD to Rapid City SD store once and couldnt even get that done. A guy used to be able to find some interesting rifles for a reasonable price in the online gun library but by the time you pay to ship it to the store, then drive 160 miles one way to get it, it makes it less of a deal.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Might be something new...they were listed on Guns International when I called them first thing I asked was is the shipping free Cabelas and Bass Pro he said yes....I got a total from him and told him I'd get a gift card and call him back.

3 days later I picked it up....cost me a $10 back ground check and my ol'lady is none the wiser.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TomM1
Tikka Superlite. Easy button-Done

But then you’re stuck with a Tikka.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Oakster
I just bought this rifle, it was the Tikka T3x Superlight on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for $699. That model comes with a 24" barrel and 1:8 twist. It is getting a little face lift right now and going to come out a 6.5 RPM.

Please share this project when it’s completed!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LFC
Might be something new...they were listed on Guns International when I called them first thing I asked was is the shipping free Cabelas and Bass Pro he said yes....I got a total from him and told him I'd get a gift card and call him back.

3 days later I picked it up....cost me a $10 back ground check and my ol'lady is none the wiser.

So am I misreading or you are saying that Cabelas and Bass Pro are charging $10 to do a background check??

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bought a CZ 557 American Synthetic a year ago. It feels great and VERY accurate but not much fun to hunt with, it’s HEAVY! Nice bench gun, but man, about 10 minutes into my deer hunt I’m thinking, holy crap this thing is heavy!

I own two CVA Cascades and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another in 6.5 CM. Smooth action, good triggers, and everything about them just feels right to me. Much lighter than the CZ too! I could probably be convinced to sell the CZ and get a CVA replacement.

IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by LFC

So am I misreading or you are saying that Cabelas and Bass Pro are charging $10 to do a background check??

drover

That's a Tennessee fee

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I know there is a lot more pricey and "better" quality stuff out there, but I have a Ruger American Predator that shoots itty-bitty groups, with just about everything (loves 142 ABLR). It cost me about $419.00 a few years back.

You can certainly find a more accurate rifle somewhere, but you'd be hard pressed to, especially at that price point.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by LFC

drover

That's a Tennessee fee

Got it, everyone wants a piece of the pie don't they.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Tikka T3X

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Howa 1500 or Weatherby Vanguard so would be my choice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My buddy has two Thompson Ventures that are amazingly accurate. He owns lots of rifles and these are now his go-to.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Accurate 6.5 Creed rifle under $900?

All of them. I've had a chance to fire 4 different 6.5's and there wasn't enough difference in accuracy that I could pick which was best. And all were well under MOA with most every factory and hand load I've tried. Ruger American Predator X2, Tikka T-3, and Bergara B14 Hunter.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tikka t3 Ruger American predator

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sbhooper
My buddy has two Thompson Ventures that are amazingly accurate. He owns lots of rifles and these are now his go-to.

My son bought a Venture in 338 Win Mag it too is very accurate and not terrible to shoot. No, I’m not a fan of recoil but this gun soaks it up pretty well. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I hadn't any real intention of picking up anything 6.5. That was until a friend on another site showed me a new Remington 700 Limited Edition in 6.5 CM with matching a silver Leupold Vari X III, 3.5-10. Being weak willed, the rest is history and now I have a 6.5 CM. Oh, and another 'part' of the deal was a SIZEABLE quantity of Nosler factory ammo. Half, six boxes of it is Nosler 140gr BT ballistic tip and the other almost half, five boxes is Nosler Trophy Grade 129gr AccuBond.

Being over gunned beats the alternative, Keith
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.