Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mine used to be pretty bad, but after years of practice it is now atrocious and getting even worse as I age.
Those that have commented, said I should have been a doctor or axe murderer with handwriting like that.

Last edited by LouisB; 01/18/22.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I can make mine look real good if I want, hardly ever want to

I can write left handed also, started out left handed, but my mother married the corksucker, he wouldn’t have it.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Back when a few of us could do fairly well forging the Battery Capitan's signature.

Captain Duracell.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
lol

Good ole one-room skool house edjucashun

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have terrible handwriting the same as my dad’s. We’re both left handed so maybe that’s part of it.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Despite the nuns' best efforts mine was never much good.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I have terrible handwriting the same as my dad’s. We’re both left handed so maybe that’s part of it.

I have a brother that is a lefty (not politically) and his handwriting looks like those things they had going around the top of the classroom when I was kid. Absolutely beautiful penmanship.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Mine is not so good. blush

I learned to write in script back in the 1960s from my elementary school teachers, and back then it wasn't bad at all. Then in the 1970s I learned to type in middle school, and started doing all of my homework and such with a typewriter. In high school they introduced us to personal computing and word processing, and in the 1980s I purchased a personal computer and printer and began doing all my college work on it, so strictly keyboard work, almost no writing, except chicken scratch for notes in class. My handwriting skills have steadily declined since, and now I can hardly write legibly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I LOL watching people really focus on their penmanship when signing the charge card reader.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
when I use cursive, if I forgot what I was writing about usually can't read it myself.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I got my hand beat with one of those metal edge rulers almost once a wee in fourth grade by the witch. My hand writing hasn't gotten any better in 63 years.

MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cursive not so good. I can print well. I suppose drafting training in college helped with that. Being a lefty I always smeared my papers in grade school. I couldn’t get the hand of contorting my wrist around to write like a lot of lefties. The fourth grade teacher would fail me for even slightly smeared papers. She was an evil, wretched woman.

During a writing exercise where we wrote the same sentence repeatedly to practice penmanship, I would start on the right side of the page and write it so it read correctly when I finished. She failed me for that. And tormented publicly, me as well as the other two left handed kids in class.

My mom is a lefty and suffered cruelly at the hands of teachers and her own mother in attempts to make her use her right hand. When she found out what this teacher was doing they had a come to Jesus session. Mom can get kind of fired up at times. It must have worked because I was never failed again for a smeared paper.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My handwriting is very good.I attribute that to my second grade teacher in 1964.She was very strict.We had cursive cards hung up in alphabetical order around the classroom.We had to write each letter exactly like the ones on the the cards.We would write a whole page,one letter at a time on our Big Chief Tablet.If we couldn't do it,we had to stay after school and write page after page until we perfected the letter.She told the whole class,you are going to write each letter correctly,after you leave my class you can write however you want,but as long as your in my class I want to be able to read your writing.I have two older Brothers.My oldest Brother did not have her as a teacher.His hand writing is not that great.My middle Brother also had her as a teacher.His handwriting is also very good.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Mine sucks as bad as I shoot pistols.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by baldhunter
She was very strict.We had cursive cards hung up in alphabetical order around the classroom.

That was standard practice back then. My elementary school English reading/writing classrooms had that, too, from first grade onward.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My moms is beautiful. Always been.
Mine was pretty decent til I hit 40. Been getting worse since.

Hand slower than the brain.

Used to print like a machine too, but thats getting sloppy anymore.

Both suffering more from IDGAF than physical I reckon.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
My dad always said I should be a doctor with my handwriting. When leaving notes or lists for myself I can’t read what I wrote.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My sons teacher sent a note home asking my wife to work on his cursive. She asked me to write something on the back and sign it. She then added, this is his fathers handwriting, lay off and fix his math troubles. Didn't hear about it again.

I worked with a guy that to look at you would never know he had perfect text book style handwriting. I was shocked and asked him how he got there. He was a Navy vet from the Korean War on a destroyer. Gunners mate or whatever it's called. He would sit at his station and practice while the ship cruised around in big circles for his whole watch.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Terrible..... My parents and Grandparents handwriting was georgeous. I have know Idea where I went wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine was much better when I was young, but I've busted my hands up several times over the years.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 3,213 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.