Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Featherweight. interesting. Had not seen those before.

I wonder how many guys who have rifles that come with a 3 position safety know enough to use it properly.

Last edited by kenjs1; 01/17/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RickinTN
‘Ya know, if the rifle is pointed in a safe direction, as it always should be, the is no danger of injury to anyone. Of my 50 plus Walker triggers on 700’s and a lone model 7 I have never had a problem.
Send all those Walker triggers you are replacing to me!
Rick

Safeties aren't there for when everything is going as planned. They are a backstop, on something lethal.

We shouldn't need airbags because we shouldn't have accidents. But we do, because we do.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve replaced 3 Remington 700 triggers with timneys and 2 vanguards series 1 also with timney.. Remingtons I done cause I didn’t trust them after a few stories, although I never had any trouble with them. Vanguard’s I done just cause the factory triggers sucked.
I also installed 2 rifle basix triggers on savage 110’s which also appeared to be decent triggers.
I was wondering if anyone has put a rifle basix in a Remmy and how you feel they stack up ? It appears the trigger tech is the favourite.

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenjs1

I wonder how many guys who have rifles that come with a 3 position safety know enough to use it properly.

I hope all of em’ . They aren’t hard
Full rear, bolt locked trigger disengaged, firing pin blocked.
Middle position, bolt unlocked, firing pin blocked, trigger disengaged.
Full fwd. fire away.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Originally Posted by kenjs1

I hope all of em’ . They aren’t hard
Full rear, bolt locked trigger disengaged, firing pin blocked.
Middle position, bolt unlocked, firing pin blocked, trigger disengaged.
Full fwd. fire away.

You would hope.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by woodson
I would order a Trigger Tech even if you didn’t have problems.

This. I saw an email announcing a Trigger Tech sale recently...maybe eurooptic.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I love the 3 position safety on my M70s. Walking/sneaking thru the woods, the safety is all the way back in case the bolt get lifted going thru brush. When I am on stand, the safety is in the middle position as I can sneak it off safe quietly, with one less click. Obviously safety in middle position when loading or unloading round in the chamber.

I know 2 guys who had problems with their Walker triggers so I changed it out to a Timney trigger with their 3 function safety (I believe designed by Melvin Forbes). This safety locks the bolt down on safe. It looks like a 2 position safety but to unload, with the safety back and on, you push down on the safety lever and the bolt is unlocked allowing one to unload the rifle without taking the safety off.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
had one I bought in 1979, in 30/06, that has gone off 3 times with the safety on.... factory set trigger...

Sits in the gunsafe....but the trigger I finally replaced with a Timney...

also had the bolt handle break off.... repaired by a campfire gunsmith...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.