Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’d gut shoot the neighbors instead. Animals should be disposed of humanely.

This

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
62gr steel core 223 bullets loaded down to around 2000fps, in one side of the gut and out the other, dont ask me how I know

L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I think most folks use emotion in the place of morals . i turn both off when it is time to take care of bussiness. i mean what is the difference when you find a dead animal in a trap, do ya think it was laughing as it was expiring. I would consider snaring hogs but the risk for non target animals are too great

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We don't have hogs here. What are these hogs doing to your property ? I'll have deer out here in my yard chewing up my bushes and trees all winter. Should I just gut shoot them ? They are just pests after all.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We don't have hogs here. What are these hogs doing to your property ? I'll have deer out here in my yard chewing up my bushes and trees all winter. Should I just gut shoot them too ? They are just pests after all.

you don't want hogs in your neighborhood, they make a deer look like there on a diet

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Ok fellas , love them or hate them i am being over run with hogs , after investigating a bit i have found out that the folks affiliated with the joining property are intentionally trapping and catching hogs from other areas and releasing them on there property which is a few hundred acres and ultimately they end on our property as well as there hog dogs. I am ok with hogs existing in numbers that hunters can keep at bay or relatively so.
Here is where i am at , previously trapped hogs' are almost impossible to trap, so i am at the point where shooting hogs at night about my only option. I am not interested in dragging and loading hogs .
Here is my Question, will shooting a hog in the ribs with a 22lr eventually kill when fired from 50yds or less. im not talking about pure gut shots or maybe i am. And i am talking about the single animals , a 42pellet load of #4 buck would be my medicine for a moonlight feeding frenzy on that corn pile . If buy some chance i drop some they will be put on display in a unique way !

What is the neighbors motive for importing hogs?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Ok fellas , love them or hate them i am being over run with hogs , after investigating a bit i have found out that the folks affiliated with the joining property are intentionally trapping and catching hogs from other areas and releasing them on there property which is a few hundred acres and ultimately they end on our property as well as there hog dogs. I am ok with hogs existing in numbers that hunters can keep at bay or relatively so.
Here is where i am at , previously trapped hogs' are almost impossible to trap, so i am at the point where shooting hogs at night about my only option. I am not interested in dragging and loading hogs .
Here is my Question, will shooting a hog in the ribs with a 22lr eventually kill when fired from 50yds or less. im not talking about pure gut shots or maybe i am. And i am talking about the single animals , a 42pellet load of #4 buck would be my medicine for a moonlight feeding frenzy on that corn pile . If buy some chance i drop some they will be put on display in a unique way !

What is the neighbors motive for importing hogs?

I would say for hunting, only need a male and a female and in 2 years you will have more hogs then you will ever want

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It is illegal in Mississippi to transport and release hogs. Get the MDWFP involved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
22, 22 mag to the ribs?

I'm not really opposed.

A friend's dad did just that with a deer that was destroying his garden.
He lived in a good sized field, with a view from the road, and didnt want it
to die in the open. It only went about 100 yards and dropped!
Not even halfway to the woods.

Intentionally gut shooting an animal would be very situation specific.
Can imagine a couple scenarios,
never have done it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have news for you but shooting a couple at night over a feed pile will do nothing to contain your pig problem. The only legal way to even have a chance at keeping your hog numbers under control is a full time trapping effort. I have been hunting them for years. I enjoy hunting and killing them but from personal experience hunting with gun or bow will not take enough hogs to have any overall effect on their population. Either spend the money and buy a remote controlled trap or find some trappers that will come in and work on the hogs. Keep on hunting them as well and have fun while you are doing it. I never never leave the lodge without a rifle and you never know when you are going to get an opportunity. On a 15,000 acre hunting club this weekend we brought hog dog hunters and they killed 53 in 48 hours. 6 of us were gun hunting over corn and killed 9.
Good luck.

GoTigersGo
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Comparing destruction that deer do to what hogs do is, well, pretty dang stupid, or ignorant at best. Hogs are nothing more than vermin to me, and we will shoot probably 150 or so a year off of one of my buddy's places. I don't intentionally gut shoot them, but I don't have any sympathy for them either. Vermin, that's all they are.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Lacy1
I have news for you but shooting a couple at night over a feed pile will do nothing to contain your pig problem. The only legal way to even have a chance at keeping your hog numbers under control is a full time trapping effort. I have been hunting them for years. I enjoy hunting and killing them but from personal experience hunting with gun or bow will not take enough hogs to have any overall effect on their population. Either spend the money and buy a remote controlled trap or find some trappers that will come in and work on the hogs. Keep on hunting them as well and have fun while you are doing it. I never never leave the lodge without a rifle and you never know when you are going to get an opportunity. On a 15,000 acre hunting club this weekend we brought hog dog hunters and they killed 53 in 48 hours. 6 of us were gun hunting over corn and killed 9.
Good luck.

and that didn't even put a dent in the hog population

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Comparing destruction that deer do to what hogs do is, well, pretty dang stupid, or ignorant at best. Hogs are nothing more than vermin to me, and we will shoot probably 150 or so a year off of one of my buddy's places. I don't intentionally gut shoot them, but I don't have any sympathy for them either. Vermin, that's all they are.
That's not the point you dumbo eared dumb fuuck but you are ignorant at best. These deer are pests too and have cost me plenty in ruined/killed trees and fencing to protect my apple orchard. They are just pests the same as the woodchucks that eat my garden but no animal deserves to be gut shot and made to suffer intentionally.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's not the point you dumbo eared dumb fuuck but you are ignorant at best. These deer are just pests too and have cost me plenty in ruined/killed trees and fencing to protect my apple orchard. They are just pests like the woodchucks that eat my garden but no animal deserves to be gut shot and made to suffer intentionally.

I know alot of gut shot deer down here in WV in the apple orchards

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's not the point you dumbo eared dumb fuuck but you are ignorant at best. These deer are pests too and have cost me plenty in ruined/killed trees and fencing to protect my apple orchard. They are just pests the same as the woodchucks that eat my garden but no animal deserves to be gut shot and made to suffer intentionally.

The Difference is that hogs were introduced by man and are an invasive species. The deer are not.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by steveredd1
That's not the point you dumbo eared dumb fuuck but you are ignorant at best. These deer are just pests too and have cost me plenty in ruined/killed trees and fencing to protect my apple orchard. They are just pests like the woodchucks that eat my garden but no animal deserves to be gut shot and made to suffer intentionally.

I know alot of gut shot deer down here in WV in the apple orchards
I know of it happening here too but it doesn't make it any less despicable.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

The Difference is that hogs were introduced by man and are an invasive species. The deer are not.

Not the hogs fault.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Not the hogs fault.

fertile cats are another invasive species

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Heck of a thing for a neighbor to be catching them and turning them out.

We would be visiting with both the stock inspector and the game warden.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Illegal in Texas to transport hogs. I kill them, never gut shot one. I hate the bastards, but I don’t gut shoot them.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.