Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What a shame. There is getting to be a long list of companies like them. I just found an arctic carharrt jacket in my attic that I bought in 2001 and never wore. It's brand new

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A private employer can require whatever they want.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bastards……..this is what I sent!!

Forcing your employees to bend a knee to the Scamdemic in order to keep their jobs is a absolute shame; if what I’ve read is true.
I’ve worn nothing but Carhartt Work Shirts for 20 plus years. Never again, you’ve lost me as a customer forever!!
As for my current Carhartt collection, most will be destroyed by a raging fire on the 22nd!! FR shirts will be shredded!!

Last edited by 257Deland; 01/18/22.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldnt shred my clothes, might as well wear them till theyre exhausted of all utility. You paid for them

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m glad I wasn’t a union worker or feed sack slinger at the CO-OP and buy into the image of head-to-toe Carhartt.

i think I only have one pair of denim jeans, maybe still have a shirt and ratty chore coat made by them

Meh, not really a big wardrobe of that stuff, my butthurt investment is light

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My go-to brand of heavy outdoor & work outer clothing is Berne brand. Cheaper but every bit as good as Carhartt and Walls in my opinion, and a BIG plus is they are openly pro 2nd Amendment...

https://bernedirect.com/

Berne Men's Outerwear

Berne Concealed Carry Workwear

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My .02 to Carhardt;

My company and crews will no longer be purchasing Carhardt products from our local retailer.
We have supported them for many years.
We have used your products exclusively, have been very satisfied with the quality and pricing.

This decision is in response to your covid employee policy. The employer, nor government have any right enforcing any type of "medical" mandates on employees or citizens.
Hopefully your company will take heed in the feedback that you are receiving.
Your company and policy is trending on social media now. There are alot of forums discussing this, none are in a favorable light.
Remember the saying;
" If you don't take care of your customer, someone else will".

I expect no response or action.
Figured the local retailer part might get them to stop for second.
But WTF? I'm bored and killing some Yuengling.

#fallsondeafears

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
What a shame. There is getting to be a long list of companies like them. I just found an arctic carharrt jacket in my attic that I bought in 2001 and never wore. It's brand new

thumbcocker;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you well.

I'm not sure exactly when, but the coats about 20 odd years back began to be made in Mexico.

If your part of the world is like up here, vintage Carhartt stuff made in USA is going for way more than I paid new so there is that option.

During spring, fall and winter I live in Carhartt bib overalls, but when I looked at the ones for sale at the local shop at Christmas, I saw they were made in India instead of Mexico where the last ones I bought were made.

I know the folks in India need to eat too, but it irked me sufficiently that I didn't pick them up.

For my fellow Canucks here there's a company called Tough Duck from back east that make "some" of the clothes here. The bibs used to be, but I'm not sure if they still are.

I just ordered some from a place called Northern Boots so I guess I'll be finding out.

It is too bad about Carhartt for sure, but up here it seems the lumbersexuals and hipster looking females wear them more than the working folks.

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there thumbcocker.

All the best to you regardless of our work clothing issues.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
My .02 to Carhardt;

My company and crews will no longer be purchasing Carhardt products from our local retailer.
We have supported them for many years.
We have used your products exclusively, have been very satisfied with the quality and pricing.

This decision is in response to your covid employee policy. The employer, nor government have any right enforcing any type of "medical" mandates on employees or citizens.
Hopefully your company will take heed in the feedback that you are receiving.
Your company and policy is trending on social media now. There are alot of forums discussing this, none are in a favorable light.
Remember the saying;
" If you don't take care of your customer, someone else will".

I expect no response or action.
Figured the local retailer part might get them to stop for second.
But WTF? I'm bored and killing some Yuengling.

#fallsondeafears

That sounds like about what I sent Dollar Shave Club after they gave big money to BLM..

I DID get a response from them though.

They told me they were sorry to lose my business, but their decision was staying in place.

Good. Fug 'em.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now Carhartt joins Yeti, Under Armour....pretty soon some of you will be butt-naked and drinking warm beer in your hunting camps grin

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Armednfree

A private employer can require whatever they want.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. Neither does it free them of consequences. Consumers can patronize or boycott whomever they want as well.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Damn! Now I can't wear my logo fetish outdoor working man gear W/out shame even if it is made in a 3rd world schidthole. What do I do w/ the"indestructible" hard core cool guy stuff I have now?

Goodwill will soon be the happy hunting ground for those that buy previously worn clothing. LMAO

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dey Woke now...

Look at their front page.

https://www.carhartt.com/

Why is that woke? Because they show a black man working and a woman? 🤷‍♀️

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
Dey Woke now...

Rueben James

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Went to the Berne site and they’re like most other places, out of everything except small and xxl. My luck.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm done buying Carhartt.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by joken2

My go-to brand of heavy outdoor & work outer clothing is Berne brand. Cheaper but every bit as good as Carhartt and Walls in my opinion, and a BIG plus is they are openly pro 2nd Amendment...

https://bernedirect.com/

Berne Men's Outerwear

Berne Concealed Carry Workwear

FWIW, the “Ridgecut” brand, that Tractor Supply sells, is from Berne. I know this because I ordered some vests a couple years back, and the return address on them was direct from Berne.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Dickies for the win.

Yep

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

thumbcocker;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you well.

I'm not sure exactly when, but the coats about 20 odd years back began to be made in Mexico.

If your part of the world is like up here, vintage Carhartt stuff made in USA is going for way more than I paid new so there is that option.

During spring, fall and winter I live in Carhartt bib overalls, but when I looked at the ones for sale at the local shop at Christmas, I saw they were made in India instead of Mexico where the last ones I bought were made.

I know the folks in India need to eat too, but it irked me sufficiently that I didn't pick them up.

For my fellow Canucks here there's a company called Tough Duck from back east that make "some" of the clothes here. The bibs used to be, but I'm not sure if they still are.

I just ordered some from a place called Northern Boots so I guess I'll be finding out.

It is too bad about Carhartt for sure, but up here it seems the lumbersexuals and hipster looking females wear them more than the working folks.

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there thumbcocker.

All the best to you regardless of our work clothing issues.

Dwayne

I checked my jacket. It is a j02 Made in the USA. Thanks for the good thoughts, and good thoughts to you to!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Dey Woke now...

And a white women? Yes,

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.