Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
My doc says to try anything before surgery.That is the last option. I know thousands have had TKR but I know several that have horror stories. I'm not a candidate for surgery do to heart and lung problems..
I have had total reverse shoulder replacement by supposedly the best doctor in town. So-so results. Same with two back surgeries.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Hyaluronic acid. It's something that's been used in race horses for decades.

You might finally get to do that marathon, Wabi! LOL

Or the synthetic versions - Euflexxa, Synvisc, etc.

When the knee is shot, R&R.

i had euflexxa shots in oct/nov. 3 of them, 1 week apart. i guess they worked ok but its still not anywhere near normal. i fell a couple weeks ago and about passed out. went to get mri last week and it shows torn meniscus. dr appt next week. we'll see. i know one thing, knee problems suck out loud.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Been wondering the same wabi. My knee doctor never mentions it but after two shots of cortizone to my left knee I think it's time to talk.

They know what those powerful steroid injections often do to the joints. They get plenty of Rx follow up $ and work with others in their system providing referral$$$.

It's a shame they hide solutions from you guys, just like the Dr nurses do in the replacement industry. They feed on the suffering of others while keeping them dependant on their parts dealers.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Men, the steroud shot helps a lot! Unless I bend it too far.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Regenx

Anyone know anything about it?

Hyaluron. Its slick stuff. Used by many eye surgeons to help slip an intraocular lens in the eye and reducing trama to the single layer endothelium lining the inside of the cornea and to reduce corneal decomposition from trauma to the cornea during cataract removal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My father received these shots. They gave benefit for about 10 years. Eventually he had one knee replaced - at age 90!

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
X
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
X
Just finished my second round of 3 shots all a week apart, Did the first set of 3 in June of 21 it worked pretty well for about 4-41/2 months. They will only inject you every 6 months so.........45 days of oh sh$t. Finished with the second round right after Christmas and they definitely help but I am only delaying the inevitable probably going for a total knee replacement in June of 22, I am sick and tired of the bone on bone grinding and trying to go down stairs.
Good luck

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
It helped my brother for a couple of years. Knee replacement after that.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If you have no cartilage left, time for a replacement.

If you have cartilage in the knee, peptides can work. BPC 157 and TB 500 are good for cartilage repair.

https://www.peptidesciences.com/rep...pc-157-arignate-thymosin-beta-4-fragment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Regenx

Anyone know anything about it?

Hyaluron. Its slick stuff. Used by many eye surgeons to help slip an intraocular lens in the eye and reducing trama to the single layer endothelium lining the inside of the cornea and to reduce corneal decomposition from trauma to the cornea during cataract removal.

Thanks for providing that information.
I've used the non Rx form of OTC supplement Hyaluronic acid on and off when needed over the decades. It's the best I've found to replace the lubrication that's sometimes lacking when joints are injured.
There are additional foods and supplements that provide what are necessary for healing. I've found that the additional HA makes that time period of healing tolerable and helps prevent additional wear. I've been grateful for those with all the joint injuries over the years.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Hyaluronic acid. It's something that's been used in race horses for decades.

You might finally get to do that marathon, Wabi! LOL

Or the synthetic versions - Euflexxa, Synvisc, etc.

When the knee is shot, R&R.

Euflexxa was EXCELLENT for me.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
I went down this path last summer. Torn meniscus and arthritis. Started with the steroid shot and that reduced the swelling for a few weeks.
Next step was the Synvisic shot which didn't help me any. Got the knee replaced in October and I am pain free finally. The first 2 weeks after knee replacement surgery were pretty tough but I'm glad that I had it done.

Good luck to you!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My barber went to Mayo and had stem cell injections.He was not quite bone on bone.That was three years ago and he walks with no pain.They pull a plug from your hip,throw it into a blender and shoot it back into your knee.Insurance will not cover it as they call it experimental .He payed 3 grand to have it done.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wabigoon, the Rooster comb is high in hyaluronic acid.
When it's purified/ refined and injected directly, it supplements what your body is lacking in that location. I'm not certain, but guess that the physician injects that directly into the synovial cavity/ joint capsule. If you take it orally, and your body absorbs and utilizes it in the joints throughout the body, the joints still need the raw materials necessary for repair. Sometimes the inflammation is simply from an inflammatory diet. Sometimes a sedentary period of time can lead to soreness. Other times it's injury. Most people just don't eat enough foods rich in the necessary nutrients for repair. That along with soda pop, which leaches minerals, glutens, that block absorption are common causes.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hyalauronic acid is the stuff from rooster comb. made my knees worse and hurt like hell getting the injections. To me, worthless or worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chris_c
Cock down to your knee?

LOL

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Lots of articles on peptides: https://boherald.com/peptides-can-cure-arthritis-effectively-according-to-a-study/

Hyalauronic acid sometimes works for awhile.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I went through all the myriad injections, topicals, pills, and witch doctor cures for years. Finally had both knees replaced in 2020, one in February, the other in July. The surgeon used a "robot" to guide the cutting. I'm wishing I had it done 10 years earlier! I walk at least 1 1/2 miles a day, weather allowing, with little to no pain. I DID lose 25 lb prior to surgery, which helped with recovery.
The absolute best favor you can give yourself is to religiously follow the rehab regimen. I was off the walker in 2 weeks, and the cane in 5 both times.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Lots of articles on peptides: https://boherald.com/peptides-can-cure-arthritis-effectively-according-to-a-study/

Hyalauronic acid sometimes works for awhile.

HA should not be looked at as a cure. The body produces what you probably heard of called synovial fluid. It's the lubricant for all joints. A quality HA oral supplement does the same as an injection. It helps like oil on a bearing. Like oil, it doesn't refinish the bearing surface. IF the body has the raw materials and is laying down the "oil" consistently, things like pain and wear go away.
That's where other suppliments, habits and food/ diet mods come into their own.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/19/22.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are lucky to live now, medical science has made so much progress.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.