Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
$1000 unexpected expense has bridged into a $90K truck purchase. Only on the fire. Congrats Rum.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
We have had good look with heavy duty Timbren rubber 'springs'.

Made a big difference in sagging rear end.

Thanks. I'll check those out.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like jaguartex is sitting this one out.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by McInnis

Not sure his situation would qualify as “unexpected”.

Conveniently forgotten, perhaps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
Only 44% of Americans can. Just saw that on Charles Payne and thought wow. Over half of Americans would have to charge it on a credit card, borrow from a family member or take out a loan for $1000.

Does seeing a crisp looking Sako blued walnut rifle on the classifieds page qualify as an emergency?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep more than that in my pocket. I just checked my wallet 2700.00 today

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by renegade50
$1000 no problem. But it feels like I'm broke after writing a check for a brand new truck today. Brutal prices out there.

????

Details???

2022 diesel F350 Platinum Tremor edition.

Guy ordered and backed out. Was on the lot. Take it or wait 4 months. Local dealer gave me $1000 off sticker. Anything below sticker is a steal right now.

Buddy needed to spend some money for some write offs this week, decided to get a plain jane bottom of the line chevy 2500 for his business. What used to be 33k was now 44k sticker AND they told him there would be a 5k markup on top of that. He told them he would do sticker and that was it. They said nope.

Last edited by killerv; 01/21/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv
$1000 no problem. But it feels like I'm broke after writing a check for a brand new truck today. Brutal prices out there.

????

Details???

Guy ordered and backed out. Was on the lot. Take it or wait 4 months. Local dealer gave me $1000 off sticker. Anything below sticker is a steal right now.

Buddy needed to spend some money for some write offs this week, decided to get a plain jane bottom of the line chevy 2500 for his business. What used to be 33k was now 44k sticker AND they told him there would be a 5k markup on top of that. He told them he would do sticker and that was it. They said nope.

Dealership thought they had your buddy by the balls. Obviously, they didn't. But, there's a sucker right behind him that will pay that. I suggest he look for a truck 1 to 2 years old, but he's probably already down that road now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
$1000 unexpected expense has bridged into a $90K truck purchase. Only on the fire. Congrats Rum.

Maybe he's talking about monthly payment

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by local_dirt

????

Details???

Dealership thought they had your buddy by the balls. Obviously, they didn't. But, there's a sucker right behind him that will pay that. I suggest he look for a truck 1 to 2 years old, but he's probably already down that road now.

1 to 2yo truck in my neck of the woods are bringing new prices, its crazy. I could sale my 2020 more than a 2022 because the 22s arent coming with all the bells and whistles due to chip shortage.

GM is addressing those crazy markups

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.co...merica-president-puts-dealers-on-notice/

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by McInnis

Not sure his situation would qualify as “unexpected”.

Sure it does. He fully expected Trump back as president, and Hilary, Biden, and Podesta at Gitmo by now.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

????

Details???

1 to 2yo truck in my neck of the woods are bringing new prices, its crazy. I could sale my 2020 more than a 2022 because the 22s arent coming with all the bells and whistles due to chip shortage.

GM is addressing those crazy markups

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.co...merica-president-puts-dealers-on-notice/

Same kind of garbage Harley Davidson dealerships used to play on buyers back in the 90's.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
it is always amazing how a thread can migrate from one discussion to another, that has nothing to do with what the OP started out with...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by johnw
Only 44% of Americans can. Just saw that on Charles Payne and thought wow. Over half of Americans would have to charge it on a credit card, borrow from a family member or take out a loan for $1000.

Does seeing a crisp looking Sako blued walnut rifle on the classifieds page qualify as an emergency?

Damn sure does
Gonna buy a 300 win mag today, 4 digit serial number

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by johnw

Yes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I could probably round up 1000 bucks in cash...maybe 2000.

Used to have a little more cash around when I was playing music. Probably made a couple thousand a year doing that before it died at the end.

Now we only have cash when we sell something for cash....which isn't often.

My cash reserves now come from the money I get for Christmas and Birthdays.

Use it to put a gun on layaway or buy the kids something.

Want to get them a inflatable pontoon fishing boat.

We are pretty cash poor.

I am MAGA.
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 34 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.