Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I recently bought a 48 gun safe from Lowe’s that was leftover from Black Friday. I got the safe on clearance since it was the last one. Once I got the huge thing wrestled in my garage, I discover that the safe won’t open because either the lock is malfunctioning or the handle won’t engage the bolts or both. I’ve been dealing with Cannon support for two weeks and they finally tell me that they won’t cover it under the warranty since I bought it at a discount. Lowe’s is out of them so I can’t carry it back and exchange it, only return. My gripe is that I’ve paid someone to help me move it and if I return it, I’ll be out that money (two trips) with nothing to show. Cannon warranties suck. Anybody have experience with not being able to open a safe?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve read before of people having the same problem with Cannon safes it seems to be a known issue. That Cannon won’t stand behind their product and fix it is horrible customer service. It’s a factory new safe that Cannon allowed to ship. How much you paid for it or that it was on clearance should have nothing to do with anything IMO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Is it an electronic or dial mechanism.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How the fck does what you paid for it have anything to do with the warranty? That's a buncha crap. You have a receipt. It has a date on it. The warranty runs from the date on the receipt, and no other numbers matter. Climb up a little higher on the Cannon support tree and shake a higher-paid branch!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, the discount thing is a way for them to hide from responsibility. They got the same money regardless, it didn't affect them none.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's on Lowes.
Deal with them and don't let up until you get it fixed.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Electronic dial. I have the code, replaced battery, etc. I even have the backup keys. I can’t get the handle to engage the bolts. It just turns in circles almost as if the linkage is broken, which I think is what has happened. Cannon warranty support has given me the absolute run around.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S&G electronic lock?

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
In Lowe’s defense, they will give me my money back but I don’t won’t the hassle of loading it back up. This should be Cannon’s problem to fix.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had a Winchester safe lock freeze up the first month I owned it. Safe was in the lowest level of our house 13 steps down. Winchester sent a crew to my house to retrieve the safe, paid me what I paid for it, and gave me another $150 for the initial trouble to get the safe from Costco to the level in my house. I replaced it with another Winchester.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Have a locksmith check it out? Might be money well spent.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Unless it was marked defective before you bought it you should be able to take it back and get a refund or replacement.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dod6
I recently bought a 48 gun safe from Lowe’s that was leftover from Black Friday. I got the safe on clearance since it was the last one. Once I got the huge thing wrestled in my garage, I discover that the safe won’t open because either the lock is malfunctioning or the handle won’t engage the bolts or both. I’ve been dealing with Cannon support for two weeks and they finally tell me that they won’t cover it under the warranty since I bought it at a discount. Lowe’s is out of them so I can’t carry it back and exchange it, only return. My gripe is that I’ve paid someone to help me move it and if I return it, I’ll be out that money (two trips) with nothing to show. Cannon warranties suck. Anybody have experience with not being able to open a safe?

I'm glad, at least, that you can return it for a refund, despite being out the transportation cost.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Drill a little hole in the top, fill it with water & lower a small amount of explosive into the center on a wire. When you blow the charge, the door will fly right off.

Saw Robert De Niro do it in a movie.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I may be wrong but I think there is a shear pin on most safe wheels that is designed to shear if too much force is applied. That sounds like what is happening with this safe but you would think Cannon would have brought that issue up in your correspondence with them.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bump it up the chain at Cannon - ask for VP for customer service. Don't stop after 1 bump either....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry about your trouble ,but Thank you for telling us ,This is a major brand of safes ,I know not to buy from them now

NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Sounds like the shear bolt has been sheared.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cannon got their money. Lowes is who discounted it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
https://cannonsafe.com/warranty

I don't see anything in here saying "if you bought it cheap from a retailer we ain't gonna fix it"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.