Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The NRA supported gun control up through the 1968 act.

YES!
Not sure they have truly deep down inside changed much either

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The lefty democrat trolls just never give up do you.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I quit them around 2003-2004, can't remember what it was that pissed me off but that was the last straw.

As long as they've let WLP stay there I wouldn't ever give the organization another penny, tells me all I need to know about all of them.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
But yet Tennessee Legislators just love the NRA..

What gets me is why the Board does not kick his hinney to the curb, they have to be complicit!

I don’t remember exactly how the NRA board works but it’s something to the effect that WLP hand selects two candidates for each open board position. Those two candidates hand picked by WLP are the only two choices so whichever one wins is essentially a WLP lap dog that he chose and nominated. Given how many years WLP has been running the NRA the whole board is full of corrupt WLP selected loyalists.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sad part for me is one of the board members is a personal friend of mine. I don’t give them any $$ and haven’t since 2000.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
The board made their position abundantly clear when they fired Ollie North.
Wayne is far from the only problem……

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did not do the NRA “round up” on a Midway order the other day for the first time ever. They funneled Russian money in 2016. They won’t get any more of mine.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Potsy
The board made their position abundantly clear when they fired Ollie North.
Wayne is far from the only problem……

Good point. Ollie North seems to have blown the whistle on the corruption going on and they slung mud at him in an attempt to discredit North and portray North as the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should all head to a thrift store, pick up a nice suit or two, and route them in with the next donation request card.

1Minute
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is Wayne really any more corrupt than say , Paul Ryan ? The list goes on for ever, Trump had the House , The senate and the white house yet we still have Obamacare, Mitch and his Chinese wife are not on our side, Trump was our only hope !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing they do that isn’t mentioned is pay huge sums to advertising companies and it looks like this travel lady and other entities . Then the money likely ends up back under the table flowing back to WLP. If the feds audited WLP. It would probably make their eyes water. It’s a massive grifting operation.

The libs who started this don’t realize they are helping in the long run., it’s been widely know WLP has been a crook for years.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My Friends of NRA field agent recently got promoted to a position where he solicits funds from big money donors. My guess is, there is a lot of this going on in an attempt to keep the organization solvent. With the rank and file member being so disgruntled, they have to be hurting for money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where is watch4bear on this? He always jumped in these NRA discussions. Pro NRA all the way. Been strangely quiet for months now.

I never would have thought Wayne was a registered Democrat.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’m deeply convinced there’s a reckoning coming very soon on many fronts. It will burn far too hot to put out easily or quickly.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe when it comes time to vote for the board off directors we should all right across the form in big block letters, "NONE OF THE ABOVE!" Maybe then they'll get the idea we peons want them gone.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's quite a video. Too much power/authority in his hands and for too long.

I wonder if the NRA will survive this.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m

Lets hope not, too much corruption for to long, the tentacles surely run to deep, into to many places ever to become clean.

It's past time for someone like GOA to fight for our rights and not compromise them slowly away

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

Not unless they have fair and open elections, which isn't going to happen. Wayne won't give up his personal empire, he will burn to the ground first. GOA is doing a great job, I send them $$.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Church of the 2nd Amendment

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
These Lefty prosecutors are doing all of us a favor if they can clean out the NRA from the top so it can get a makeover that isn't run by crooks.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.