Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sometimes it’s not a wastoid junkie that overdoses.

There are illmeasured dosings and fentanyl tablets now coming out of mexico. If theyre off by a few micrograms, an overdose could happen. Kids experiment just fact.
First timer might get a hot load

Might be some kid bringing something his pos mother had or some 7th grader passing it around to the cool kids at school for a high during a classes.

You can’t be 79 years old and base all you know or perceive about the junkie persona from watching 1970s Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I agree with this, and think it should be done. Do you disagree?

Very much disagree!! There is no good reason for taxpayers to continue to pay for bad parenting. All it will do is enable them because they will know they have a "safety net".

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Croaker

I absolutely disagree.

You think that 7th grader was going to cure cancer?

Some of you are too old and cantankerous to remember how stupid your were in high school.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Parents need to educate their kids about drugs and let the chips fall where they may.

Don't care about your kids? Do a lousy job parenting and don't impress upon them the importance of your message.

Care deeply and strongly about your kids, sit them down and look them in the eye and HAVE A COME TO JESUS TALK with them until they get it.

Letting the schools save your kid from your lousy parenting or your kids dogged determination to screw up, not the schools job.

Strong NO.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Narcan is available in a nasal spray mist

In case some 79 year old still thinks it’s a giant spring-loaded hypodermic atropine syringe. 💁‍♂️

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SKane

I absolutely disagree.

Some of you are too old and cantankerous to remember how stupid your were in high school.

My friends weren't drinking gasoline in school. Too busy with sports, studies, hunting and fishing

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Aint no Ozzie and Harriet bullchit family structure anymore

Mac n cheese and glass of shut the hell up flavored Kool Aid from strung-out or overworked mama is all the family time some kids get.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A lot of tough love talk here,until its their kid or grandkid.Kids do stupid stuff.Should they die for it?Drugs are everywhere and easily obtained.You want to point a finger.Point it at Biden and every corrupt politician who is payed to look the other way as this schit comes across our borders.I do believe that narcotics can be stopped from coming into the Country by simply closing the borders down.Drug canines at every point of entry.Eradicate all drug dealers by life imprisonment or death.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SKane

I absolutely disagree.

Nope! Not at all. I'm 51 and I remember it well... I also remember and think that the schools should have been more strict! Teachers were too lenient even then. And for the record, since then I have lost friends due to OD and also DUI related accidents.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by slumlord
Aint no Ozzie and Harriet bullchit family structure anymore

Mac n cheese and glass of shut the hell up flavored Kool Aid from strung-out or overworked mama is all the family time some kids get.

You nailed it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
And of course We the taxpayers are going to pay for the emotional based "cry for help" BS.

Better pass out some free condoms too.

Free needles.

Keep paying those taxes so we can watch the complete decline.

Now if you said I was giving the same amount of money so a kid who really needed it could learn a trade, like be a machinist, or be a pipefitter, or dental hygene or whatever, or even to give them a hot meal, that would be one thing, but I have no interest in further enabling the communists in the sexual deviancies, and drug are just a lifestyle that we promote bullcrap. Gotta keep those big government programs going and the more drug addled kids there are the better... Disgusting.

I think the condoms are already happening in some places.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

There are illmeasured dosings and fentanyl tablets now coming out of mexico. If theyre off by a few micrograms, an overdose could happen. Kids experiment just fact.

Might be some kid bringing something his pos mother had or some 7th grader passing it around to the cool kids at school for a high during a classes.

You can’t be 79 years old and base all you know or perceive about the junkie persona from watching 1970s Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies

I am not against Narcan in schools.

We had an endorsement class a while back for Narcan. It was a big fugg up in our state for a while because the single doses they got for first responders were the wrong strength.

They got that sorted and started doing classes.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend.

The problem I have with the Silver Bullet known as Narcan is that while you really cant hurt someone with Narcan....reliance on Narcan can kill people.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

slumlord;
Morning sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one down in your part of the world.

Much as I wish you were wrong on most of your post, in our instance up here, you're not.

As mentioned the "typical" OD will be male, but often a working male, the tradesman on the job or office guy - not a junkie.

The fentanyl pill factories are everywhere in BC. They used to be mainly at the coast, but have spread out into the rural areas because it's easy to transport and we have less constabulary out here in the sticks.

Indeed it isn't unusual for peripheral damage with an OD. My buddies who are LEO and Fireman carry Narcan because they can accidentally be exposed. Same with the schools that have an IED, med kit and yes Narcan kit too.

The kids now - I'm old so anyone younger than 50 is a kid - don't drink or only smoke the devil's lettuce like the boomers - of which I am one - did/do still.

This isn't a simple fix in my view and letting a bunch of people die might not be the prudent way to deal with it. Especially so if they die on my work site, I'm the OFA and I get to be there while they pack it in.... or my daughter who's the school teacher...

Anyways sir, I've got to get my tools loaded into the pickup as there's a job that needs doing south of here.

All the best to you this week slumlord.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/24/22. Reason: more information - I am boomer too...

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
A lot of tough love talk here,until its their kid or grandkid.Kids do stupid stuff.Should they die for it?Drugs are everywhere and easily obtained.You want to point a finger.Point it at Biden and every corrupt politician who is payed to look the other way as this schit comes across our borders.I do believe that narcotics can be stopped from coming into the Country by simply closing the borders down.Drug canines at every point of entry.Eradicate all drug dealers by life imprisonment or death.

Some comes across the Mexican border but it's not the most popular way to obtain it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I am on the fence.

On the other hand, there are cases where police, not EMTs, have rescued the same junkie 3 times in a day with the Narcan. Hit the junkie with the Narcan at 9am, save him, he is rushed to the ER, he is released by the hospital at noon, hospital doesn't want that junkie trash, and at 1pm he is back on the street, passed out with an OD. Police racing across town, lights and sirens, to save a junkie with a death wish. Sometimes, police running lights and sirens have wrecks, and bystanders, or cops, get killed in the wreck. I think cops should not carry Narcan.

As for school kids, well, maybe we should give a break to a 13 year old kid.

That's my position exactly. Give the kids a chance, they're kids. Adults? Let them die where they lie.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Why let anyone die?

Kid or adult?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Isn't every adult someone's kid?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I am on the fence.

On the other hand, there are cases where police, not EMTs, have rescued the same junkie 3 times in a day with the Narcan. Hit the junkie with the Narcan at 9am, save him, he is rushed to the ER, he is released by the hospital at noon, hospital doesn't want that junkie trash, and at 1pm he is back on the street, passed out with an OD. Police racing across town, lights and sirens, to save a junkie with a death wish. Sometimes, police running lights and sirens have wrecks, and bystanders, or cops, get killed in the wreck. I think cops should not carry Narcan.

As for school kids, well, maybe we should give a break to a 13 year old kid.

That's my position exactly. Give the kids a chance, they're kids. Adults? Let them die where they lie.

Alright, glad we've eliminated the nuance. 18 year olds still in high school no?

17 years 364 days 23 hours 58 seconds- you're saved.

18 years 0 days 0 hours 1 second - tough sh.it junky!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

So why shouldn't the government supply it for all parents too?

Last edited by Mike78; 01/24/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If it'll save only one child....

Gee that sounds familiar.

LOL
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.