Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's why I like the idea of radio. It's set and forget. I am not a fan of any of the local stations, so a few years ago, I started checking out the stations on internet-radio.com. I found a few that have no live DJ. They just play songs in the background. These are also good if you need noise in the background at holidays or special occasions.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Music, Bob & Ray and other OTR recordings, audio books on the Libravox app.

Stopped listening to the radio early in November 2020.

Guess now I gotta get some Meat Loaf music…

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
...Guess now I gotta get some Meat Loaf music…

Yes, sales of Bat Out of Hell will go up for sure. There was no cause of death listed.

I see comedian Louie Anderson also died.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I like the quiet. I don't get enough of it.

Silence is golden - noise is free!

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was younger, I really wanted Klipsch speakers. The floor model that has to be put into a corner with at least 8 ft of wall both sides. I can’t remember the model.

Very pure sound. Every instrument was heard. But I think that if I had them in my reloading room, things would vibrate off the shelves - even at low volume!

Instead, I have Bose Companion 2 speakers plugged into the laptop. Nothing fancy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have my I-Pad down there hooked up to a set of small speakers.

I go to the Youtube Music Channel and search "psydub reggae". I almost always play that.

Here's a sample .....

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have an old portable radio/cassette & CD player in my reloading room. Its been there for a long time. I have the radio set on a country & western station in B.C. That radio station is about all I use.

Being over gunned beats the alternative, Keith
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blue tooth enabled Bose speakers and Spotify. (I'm a free add on to one of my kids account)

I mostly listen to Blues music in my man cave. Wife never took a liking to it so I get my fix in my favorite room in the house.

After my son taught me how to use Spotify it only took me a couple of hours to put an awesome library together.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
E
E
I enjoy my garage/reloading room. I have an inexpensive, yet good quality set of speakers near my reloading bench I hook either my "old school" iPod or phone (with Pandora) to. My iPod has approximately 4000 tunes in it. Pandora allows me to listen to any particular genre of music I like. For me, at age 72, I still love good old classic soul music of the 50's and 60's. Smoky Robinson (with the Miracles) and the Temptations are my favorites. Listening to those tunes takes me back to pleasant times in high school, and makes all the individual loading processes slide pleasantly by. And, just for the record, since I am brand new here, the only thing progressive I have on my bench is a Dillon Square Deal handgun press, and two P/W shotgun presses. Shotgun sports here in San Diego County, So/Cal have almost "died on the vine." No dedicated skeet, except at one exclusive and very expensive membership club. Trap and sporting clays/five stand are also very limited. Otherwise, for rifle fodder, it's a "one step at a time" process for me. Having said all that, I do enjoy low volume music while working at my reloading bench.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JRP47
I have an old portable radio/cassette & CD player in my reloading room. Its been there for a long time. I have the radio set on a country & western station in B.C. That radio station is about all I use.

A good friend from high school has an old fashioned ghetto blaster that he bought from a place called Consumer's Distributing. He bought it in the mid 80s and it still works fine.

For those who have never of it, CD was one of the first places where a customer walked in, looked through a paper catalog and found what they wanted. They had about 500 stores in the US and Canada, but went out of business sometime in the 1990s.

You filled out a voucher and gave it to the clerk. He went into the back and brought your stuff to the counter. The idea was a little ahead of its time. Rather than a big display floor, CD had a small customer area and a big warehouse. A walk in style precursor to amazon.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 79 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.