-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bosh. Any level is better than the rest... fine home building magazine ...an me ,

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My GE damn near caught fire. Melted the box that holds the motherboard thingy. Stunk up the house bad.

Put a Samsung in. (Knocking on wood)

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Get a Miele. These washers are astoundingly better than anything in my experience.

RS

Friend of mine has a Miele (I think it at least)... about 35-40 years old and never a hick-up.

Very impressive stuff.

Miele is what we would install in the fire stations here. Those guys were hard on appliances and those seemed to hold up the best.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Bosch

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife is the best but we have a Bosch for a backup! Works great!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Teenagers . They only last seven years though.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have found that if I put wine in my dish washer, it cleans the pool also !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I had a Kitchen aid that I replaced every part on I think. Did it myself and kept it running 10 yrs.

Then I got a Bosch. 15 yrs no problem. Better design. Less moving parts. Less electrical.

Beware of the man with one gun. He is a newbie
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Bought the lowest price GE we could find that also had the stainless interior. After 15 months the motor quit. Repairman said he saw it all the time on cheap GEs. Never again. Two years into a kitchen aid, sometimes motherboard freezes and needs to restart at the breaker.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It’s a dishwasher. Don’t overthink it.

Guy in town sells Whirlpool, Maytag, Bosch, Miele, and a few others I don’t remember. I asked which he repaired the most and which were the most reliable. He said they’re all pretty much the same these days. I went with a higher end Whirlpool and it works just fine. Quiet and clean dishes.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
We have fairly hard water and I have gone through two fairly expensive units in less than except able times , so I have been buying cheap GE units. The first lasted 6-7 years and the second is going on 2 years now.

I have found that a repair guy costs for a good unit costs more than a GE does new and getting one to come quick with out me spending a day of work waiting. I can install the GE in about 30 minutes. they are really pretty simple and a lot of repairs you can do your self in just a few minutes. On the down side its fairly loud.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greatlaker
Bought the lowest price GE we could find that also had the stainless interior. After 15 months the motor quit. Repairman said he saw it all the time on cheap GEs. Never again. Two years into a kitchen aid, sometimes motherboard freezes and needs to restart at the breaker.

based on my anectdotal experience, GE is the last appliance brand I would buy. But knock on wood, I've yet to have a bad experience with Samsung and people on here say they are a nightmare. Everything I have is Samsung except the Bosch dishwasher. Its been so good (Bosch), if I can afford it, that will be my choice for any future appliance.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/25/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by hanco
The blue difference between a cheap one and a good one is how much noise it makes. That’s what the appliance boys where I used to work told me.

Two things , the amount of noise would depend on how your dishwasher was serviced 👍
Secondly , we’re in the hell is a video of dish washer washing dishes 😀

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
It’s a dishwasher. Don’t overthink it.

Guy in town sells Whirlpool, Maytag, Bosch, Miele, and a few others I don’t remember. I asked which he repaired the most and which were the most reliable. He said they’re all pretty much the same these days. I went with a higher end Whirlpool and it works just fine. Quiet and clean dishes.

This^^^

About 15 years ago I remodeled my house. I put in upper-mid range Maytag stuff with the only requirement that the dishwasher be quiet, and it is. Since then the handle has broken twice ($30 off eBay) but otherwise it’s been good, it’s quiet and gets the dishes clean. It didn’t break the bank, does what it’s supposed to do, and has lasted a good while.

Most appliances are made by a couple of companies so there’s not really any difference between them. I’m not putting a dishwasher that costs more than a pickup in my house so I can wow the neighbors. If a $700 dishwasher goes out then buy another and spend the hour putting it in. It doesn’t need to last 80 years and have lasers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
The blue difference between a cheap one and a good one is how much noise it makes. That’s what the appliance boys where I used to work told me.

Two things , the amount of noise would depend on how your dishwasher was serviced 👍

You ask, don't forget that.

This guy is a duke among geeks.
I laugh at his mannerisms, and how far down rabbit holes he goes.
But, I go right along, so...🤓!

https://youtu.be/_rBO8neWw04

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by smokepole
Get one that's versatile. Did you know that you can convert some dishwashers to lawnmowers?

You might have to start it for her but.....

Sandwich dispenser, too!

get one with the sheet washer and skidmark eraser setting....
I will warn you that they can be expensive..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

You ask, don't forget that.

This guy is a duke among geeks.
I laugh at his mannerisms, and how far down rabbit holes he goes.
But, I go right along, so...🤓!

https://youtu.be/_rBO8neWw04

LMAO , ok , your right . I asked for it , but hanco being hanco it wasn’t the dish washer I was thinking about .
But as we know , ya just can’t have everything .
Kenneth

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The noise level is mostly the amount of insulation.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
She is in Aruba today!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.