Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Italian hunter dies after suffering fatal bite from boar he shot: report

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/italian-hunter-dies-boar

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They will do that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
can't read the article

was it a bite to a major artery?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
can't read the article

was it a bite to a major artery?

Femoral artery.

J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I never assume an animal is expired and always give them ample time to do so.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow, yea, I think after hearing that I'd give Mr. Boar a couple of extra love taps before I got close.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
wow, yea, I think after hearing that I'd give Mr. Boar a couple of extra love taps before I got close.

I shot one just like that (imported wild Russian boar) up in the mountains of Vermont. The hounds chased him right past me. I moved aside when I saw it coming down the trail towards me, and it ran right past me for the stream below. The dogs caught up at the stream. It turned to fight them, and I plugged him through the heart with one shot from my Winchester 94 (chambered in .444 Marlin) at about 25 or 30 yards. Blew his heart up, but he kept fighting for a few seconds, then suddenly dropped dead as a door nail.

Very exciting hunt. The hound handler checked for life by touching his eyes to see if it blinked. It didn't. It was about 250 pounds. Those tusks are quite dangerous.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I shot one just like that (imported wild Russian boar) up in the mountains of Vermont. The hounds chased him right past me. I moved aside when I saw it coming down the trail towards me, and it ran right past me for the stream below. The dogs caught up at the stream. It turned to fight them, and I plugged him through the heart with one shot from my Winchester 94 (chambered in .444 Marlin) at about 25 or 30 yards. Blew his heart up, but he kept fighting for a few seconds, then suddenly dropped dead as a door nail.

Very exciting hunt. The hound handler checked for life by touching his eyes to see if it blinked. It didn't. It was about 250 pounds. Those tusks are quite dangerous.

That sounds like a good time, where in Vermont

Last edited by Irving_D; 01/25/22.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Irving_D

That sounds like a good time, where in Vermont

Way up north in the high country. I cannot remember the town it was near.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last spring we were trying to head off hogs going through a fence in a field to another pasture. They were gathered up in a bunch waiting to cross, and we were still a ways off.

Decided to take a shot before they all got away. Shot at the biggest one I could see, hoping to hit others with a pass through. Judging from the squeals, a few were hit, but the big boar turned and started running down the fence line right at us. No problem... There were 3 of us, right?

Despite rifle fire, he only seemed to speed up... We finally dropped him with a head shot at about 40 yards.

Large animals heading directly to you will get your attention. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A Florida Boy hunting hogs in Vermont!

That's America!

Was it a side hunt?
Gotta ask how that came to be?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They will fuuuck you up

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Last spring we were trying to head off hogs going through a fence in a field to another pasture. They were gathered up in a bunch waiting to cross, and we were still a ways off.

Decided to take a shot before they all got away. Shot at the biggest one I could see, hoping to hit others with a pass through. Judging from the squeals, a few were hit, but the big boar turned and started running down the fence line right at us. No problem... There were 3 of us, right?

Despite rifle fire, he only seemed to speed up... We finally dropped him with a head shot at about 40 yards.

all that excitement. I've killed how many hundreds of them. Never had had that much excitement.

They will slash with tusks. One has to be careful we know that.

But yet 99.9% of them are nothing. Get shot.. Run a bit and fall over.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
They will fuuuck you up

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

dayum...turned that guy into the Predator

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

all that excitement. I've killed how many hundreds of them. Never had had that much excitement.

They will slash with tusks. One has to be careful we know that.

But yet 99.9% of them are nothing. Get shot.. Run a bit and fall over.

IIRC, I have that recorded onboard my thermal.

I'll have to hook it up to my computer and see.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bet is was a 6.5 Creed with Sierras......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

A Florida Boy hunting hogs in Vermont!

That's America!

Was it a side hunt?
Gotta ask how that came to be?

I was living on Long Island at the time. I worked the gun counter at a small hunting/fishing/camping store there, and a coworker/friend of mine at the time invited me to join him on a wild boar hunt up in Vermont. These weren't feral hogs, but pure wild Russian boar.

Sadly, I accidentally deleted the high resolution version of this shot when I created a thumbnail version:

[Linked Image]

Yes, before you ask, I'm actually strong enough to hold it in the air with one arm like a bass. grin

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They sure try to tear through the fence to get at you if you catch them! I wish I could post videos

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, sorry about the tragic event. It’s also hunting 101, though similar events can happen.

Even when I shoot a deer & it goes right down, I like to wait 15 minutes before walking up.

Hunting in Europe, I doubt if he carried a 308 semi-auto,

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Bet is was a 6.5 Creed with Sierras......

And a 700 action...
Back on topic, this is why hunting hogs is my favorite pastime. Sort of a poor man's M'Bogo.. and they sure as hell eat good!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,728 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,298
Posts18,525,904
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.