Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
DOW down almost 1,000 points now- Let's go Brandon!

That OK... Inflation is up by 25%...

Brandon's Got This!

Right?

According to him, he's overachieved in his first year.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have taken a beating in GOOG [12%] and AMZN [37%] and NFLX [47%] over the last 6 months.

My relatives in MSFT [4%] not so much.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by kwg020
If you owe money on a house and you voted for Joe, I guess you are getting your reward for being a dumbass.

kwg

To the former yes, the latter no and in my situation you'd be the azz.

That would be a$$hole to the mear mortals.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have taken a beating in GOOG [12%] and AMZN [37%] and NFLX [47%] over the last 6 months.

O'Biden did promise a "Dark Winter"... of Severe Illness and Death.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

O'Biden did promise a "Dark Winter"... of Severe Illness and Death.

Unfortunately, he was talking about America.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Turning off the free money spigot will be somewhat painful. They may just keep re arranging the chairs on the sinking ship.

.g0v forced to live within its means might make things sparky.

It is not possible to turn it off... most .GOV people couldn't cover their mortgage more than a few months. Some smart retirees and Vets could if they own their stuff outright... but overall I studied the big .GOV shutdown back in 2018-2019 during Trump pretty hard... a HUGE HUGE % of .GOV people were almost at default on their mortgage.

What % of the population could cover 6 months with ZERO INCOME. Hell 44% can't cover $1k

That is the pickle...

I admit I am an economic moron... I would be super happy if the really smart economic folks here on the Campfire stepped in and bitch slapped me around some... and repainted my doomsday portraiture.

If you believe this(and I think you are probably right) then the only safe haven I see is gold/silver.

The Fed has a choice to crash the economy or continue to devalue the dollar. Which do you think they will choose?

G/S is manipulated by the big boys... wanna be safe? Stockpile a couple metric tons of scrap lead (seriously)... no one manipulates lead... or steel stock... or REAL HARD COMMODITIES.

And no one is going to steal 10 tons of lead from the back side of your wood pile... and lead don't rust... and there will ALWAYS be a market/scrap for lead... ALWAYS.

Sounds stupid, but... not really.

HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD will rise with inflation... always have... always will.

Our scrap yards pay 5 cents a pound for lead but will sell it to you for $3/pound. I agree lead has value but it's hard to get the value out of it.

Gold and silver are manipulated and suppressed but I think that if a currency crisis hits gold and silver will be hard for them to manipulate and may climb to its real value. Silver gets too bulky to handle after stacking for a while so I've had to move to gold. I bought a few thousand pounds of quality monotype from an old printshop owner a few years ago and it was not fun to move. I'd hate to have my net worth in it and need to move it.

I do think there is value in stocking up on real assets. My friend told me about a town in Brazil he lived in when their currency went down. He said every payday all the people in town spent their whole paycheck on bricks at the towns brick factory and stacked them in their yards. By the time they got their next paycheck the price of bricks had more than tripled and and got worse with time. Real assets can be a store of value when currency is dropping. When I bought a new truck and new jeep in 2019 I wouldn't have guessed I'd be selling them at a 20% profit 2 years later but I did.

For me the best way I've found to stack lead has been in the form of loaded ammo. If ammo prices drop a bit more I'm going to add a few more pallets to that stash. I keep a pretty large food storage and enough other hard assets to protect it.

I keep an account with an emergency fund that will support my family for a year but at this point I worry it's stupid to have that much sitting in a savings account devaluing. Other than gold I'm struggling to find another hard asset that's easy to store, transport, and trade.

I parked my retirement funds in money markets a year ago. I wasn't sure when Biden would screw up the economy I was just sure he would do it at some point. I felt bad the last year watching it devalue but I know others that are feeling pretty bad about their funds and crypto this month.

Bb

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Our scrap yards pay 5 cents a pound for lead but will sell it to you for $3/pound. I agree lead has value but it's hard to get the value out of it.

That delta is terrible... Mine was something like $0.75 inbound and $1 outbound (but that was years ago). I had shops that supplied much to me at $0.50 or less (because they didn't want the hassle).

My sons and I made Wake Boat disks and were selling them at $4/pound.

I had tons of lead ingots back in the day... but not anymore.

I have since switched to other hard commodities past few years and my focus on stuff changed.

Each man should KNOW TO THE CORE what is best for him.

I like that brick analogy about Brazil...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
America went "All In" on being a Service Economy over the past 2 decades...

It was a stupid decision IMHO... we are paying the price now.

Much Tech and Service will faultier/fail.

So be it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice comeback by the "baby seals" today.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, amazing bounce today. I put about 130k to work about an hour into the day. We'll see what it does in the next couple days. But I'm gonna keep a tight sell stop because I don't trust Brandon.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Think I'm going to buy some AMZN today. Sale price < $2800.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got stopped out even money. More blood after hours.

MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I only have tech in my index funds. I took out another 5k out of the S&P500 yesterday and actually made money yesterday cause it came back. You will notice that the high dividend ETF's made money today again. SPYD +.33%,, SCHD +.06%, VYM +.07%, HDV gained .77%. That is incredible.The energy stock index gained 3.75?% today. I gained .65% today and am up 1.8% YTD.

Last edited by ihookem; 01/25/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just riding right through it all.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SELL SELL SELL! The end is near! The sky is falling!

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Each man should KNOW TO THE CORE what is best for him.
word

And not just in relation to the subject of this thread either.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The really sad thing is everyone is waiting to hear what the Fed says instead of worrying about products, sales, market share, and profits. Our markets have been reduced to groveling for government money printing.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD.

Need pallet racking for my metal buildings in West Virginia... bought 24 uprights, 80 beams, racking shelves for $2,560 today. Chuck threw in about $500/$600 of additional stuff free. Organization of stuff is critical for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My existing trailers are occupied... so 10 minutes on Facebook Marketplace this AM and found a fantastic 2010 14,000 Trailer 20' that was on the way to the pallet racking.

Bought the trailer at $3,400... picked up the pallet racking...

Will sell the trailer at market in the near future... About $6k...

Moral of the story... FREE pallet racking

Know what you are good at and what you need... and proceed accordingly.

Bought a great used backhoe last week for $20k (it will see much functional practical use... then get resold when it's need is done or I'll use it to trade up on a nice track hoe). Great asset that can be resold at 125% of purchase price or more anytime I choose.

Whatever you know well... is always the best asset.

Crypto... TicTok... not a clue about that chit.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/26/22. Reason: Pic added

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Depending on the reaction to tomorrow's Fed event, I may load up.If it's not a bottom, I'll just sell covered calls every month until the bottom and use the premiums to average down on more shares.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Depending on the reaction to tomorrow's Fed event, I may load up.If it's not a bottom, I'll just sell covered calls every month until the bottom and use the premiums to average down on more shares.

I wish you well...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 69 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,904
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.