Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
My nephew works for large steel manufacturing company here in the state. As part of their product portfolio they make large steel power poles. After the 2019 floods that swept Nebraska and the “derecho “ , the following year, that struck Iowa, The plant is running overtime trying to keep up with the demand. Replacement of the temporary poles is limited to the months when the months when line crews can work out in the field. The manufacturing plant can keep going year round. Storage of the extra poles becomes an issue. The easiest way to handle the problem is to ship the poles to the community nearest the upcoming job site and stack them somewhere out the way. Last spring they were asked to deliver some of these poles to a job site. They sent a crew to the local community where they had stored some poles on the north edge of this tiny burg, near a creek. Part of the procedure of moving the poles is an inspection of each poles for damage prior to picking it up. This procedure includes a quick exterior and interior inspection. The pipe are the size of a small culvert and are about 40’ in length. The quickest way to do the interior inspection is to have one of the smaller crew members crawl the length of the pipe. As they got to the bottom row of pipes, the inside guy shined his spot light into the pipe and a pair of eyes shined back at him. After a hurried conversation of the assembly and a cursory inspection of the eyes, all agreed that the eyes were too big and widely spaced for a skunk, which was the primary concern . The consensus was that it was a raccoon or a coyote at worst. Finding himself a short, stout stick, the kid assigned to crawl thru turned on his headlamp and crawled in to evict the critter and do the required inspection. As he neared the eyes, they elevated to a level even with the head of the lad in the pipe and were part of a snarling face belonging to a mountain lion.

The lion and the kid exited opposite ends of the pipe. A heated discussion followed concerning the source of the sudden foul odor and if the woman-like screams all had heard were emitted by the lion or not.

My nephew felt confident that with another year or two of therapy, the kid should be cured of his facial twitch and recurrent nightmares.

True story!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny! As long as you aren't the guy in the pipe.... smile

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

No cshit. Scary

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Thank you!

I’m so claustrophobic I can’t close the door to our water closet. Putting me in a pipe, eyes or no eyes, would be a death sentence for me.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lucky he never crawled up on a rattlesnake.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DMc
Lucky he never crawled up on a rattlesnake YET.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
My nephew works for large steel manufacturing company here in the state. As part of their product portfolio they make large steel power poles. After the 2019 floods that swept Nebraska and the “derecho “ , the following year, that struck Iowa, The plant is running overtime trying to keep up with the demand. Replacement of the temporary poles is limited to the months when the months when line crews can work out in the field. The manufacturing plant can keep going year round. Storage of the extra poles becomes an issue. The easiest way to handle the problem is to ship the poles to the community nearest the upcoming job site and stack them somewhere out the way. Last spring they were asked to deliver some of these poles to a job site. They sent a crew to the local community where they had stored some poles on the north edge of this tiny burg, near a creek. Part of the procedure of moving the poles is an inspection of each poles for damage prior to picking it up. This procedure includes a quick exterior and interior inspection. The pipe are the size of a small culvert and are about 40’ in length. The quickest way to do the interior inspection is to have one of the smaller crew members crawl the length of the pipe. As they got to the bottom row of pipes, the inside guy shined his spot light into the pipe and a pair of eyes shined back at him. After a hurried conversation of the assembly and a cursory inspection of the eyes, all agreed that the eyes were too big and widely spaced for a skunk, which was the primary concern . The consensus was that it was a raccoon or a coyote at worst. Finding himself a short, stout stick, the kid assigned to crawl thru turned on his headlamp and crawled in to evict the critter and do the required inspection. As he neared the eyes, they elevated to a level even with the head of the lad in the pipe and were part of a snarling face belonging to a mountain lion.

The lion and the kid exited opposite ends of the pipe. A heated discussion followed concerning the source of the sudden foul odor and if the woman-like screams all had heard were emitted by the lion or not.

My nephew felt confident that with another year or two of therapy, the kid should be cured of his facial twitch and recurrent nightmares.

True story!

+1...

I love this chit...

24HC Rocks with cools stuff!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amazing what critters you can find hidden in culverts in the daytime in the desert. Coyotes, quail, desert fox, wetbacks, ....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DMc
Lucky he never crawled up on a rattlesnake.

Lodged in a pipe with a venomous snake…

Now there is the PERFECT friggin’ nightmare!!!

Kaywoodie

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (163bc, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 77 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,727
Posts18,494,746
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.