Print Thread
Hop To
S
scott63 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have a couple 99's I want to hunt with and the stocks don't have holes, and I don't want to drill them. I saw a referance to a sling that doesn't need swivel holes, but I'm having trouble finding it. I did see some that were for muzzle loaders, but they were suede. Any suggestions? Thanks....Scott

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya mean something like this, all you will need to get is a barrle mounted sling stud. you can get this stuff from http://www.levergunleather.com Les

[Linked Image]

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Les, thats really neat. I have been going to ask the same question so my thanks to you scott. Les got spme photos I need to send you, they came to me in an email and ive just got to work out how to forward them on, and no they are not stocks with compasses in them. Enjoy the fest everyone wish I could be there

johno

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So do I, the wife has to go to Fort Bliss, The Cpt that took over her range got relieved, she has to train his replacement. mad

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by scott63
I have a couple 99's ... and I don't want to drill them. I saw a referance to a sling that doesn't need swivel holes...Scott

Picture: Uncle Mike's slip on shotgun sling, black and camo models

There are no hard edges to mar the stock or barrel, no swivels, and sling rides well on one shoulder or over the head. The butt loop is secure.

Hunt without sling on rifle. When you need sling, just find sling among all the crp in the game bag, and it is installed 1 minute later. Works for O/U (barely, due to 2 bbls), short bbl auto shotguns, rifles, or ML; anything with fixed trigger guard. Butt loop goes over stock, around stock wrist, and rests against trigger guard.

I recently tried it on my son's straight stock Marlin 336, and it slides up butt stock, displaces lever, and rests rest against trigger and/or hammer, which I don't like. Still working on that one. (Maybe some DUCT tape... wink ) Unwanted slipping is not an issue with pistol grip M99 if you set loop to rest in notch formed by end of pistol grip, and snug loop tight. Not sure what long-term effect on pistol grip cap, if present.

Uncle Mike's web site no longer lists slings, so this may be an older item still in the inventory flow. I found many references for online sales, and bought mine locally at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Sure beats a neck tie!

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bass Pro makes the slip-on padded slings you describe in camo pattern. They're listed as shotgun slings and sell for $9.99.

If you can't find them on the website I can pick one up for you here locally.

Scott

It had been necessary for him to swallow swords that he might have a better throat for grapes.
Stephen Crane~ The Red Badge of Courage

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 1badf350, 42 invisible), 17,403 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,934
Posts18,539,197
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.