Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So I have been watching this for a while now and its really not making much sense to me.............so the city has passed an ordinance that requires gun owners to purchase insurance (that doesn't exist) and also to pay an "ownership fee" of $25 annually to a non-profit that also does not exist. The real kicker is........if you dont comply...........there are no legal ramifications.....you wont lose your guns or face any "criminal charges".

This whole thing seems largely symbolic and really makes no sense to me.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/gun-right...iability-law-requiring-firearm-insurance

Are they trying to guilt people into compliance? How do they even know who owns a gun or not? Does San Jose have a registry? Would it even be legal if they did?

I am really confused as to what they hope to accomplish with this...........I really am

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
SJ is completely polluted with foreigners. mex, india, chinese. i spent quite a bit of time there and it was like hell for me. i highly doubt this "law" will affect hardly anyone.

My diploma is a DD214
Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
SJ is completely polluted with foreigners. mex, india, chinese. i spent quite a bit of time there and it was like hell for me. i highly doubt this "law" will affect hardly anyone.

Its not a law, its an "ordinance" and it has no teeth........I just dont get it.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Soulfly

Its not a law, its an "ordinance" and it has no teeth........I just dont get it.

City or county ordinance is valid as long as you live in that city or county they can hang you. And as far as how do they know, go here.
https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/afspi

Swifty
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Only dumbasses live their!

IC B2

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How can you require impositions on a Right guaranteed by the Constitutional?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're making a statement. For the children.

The same people who consider requiring proof of identity to register to vote to be voter suppression have no problem trying to tax a constitutional right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FWP

Easy, but I guess all you people who squeal about the constitution seem to forget that the constitution has something called States Rights. What does that entail,

Current states' rights issues include the death penalty, assisted suicide, same-sex marriage, gun control, and cannabis, the last of which is in direct violation of federal law. In Gonzales v. Raich, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the federal government, permitting the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to arrest medical marijuana patients and caregivers. In Gonzales v. Oregon, the Supreme Court ruled the practice of physician-assisted suicide in Oregon is legal. In Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruled that states could not withhold recognition to same-sex marriages. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the United States Supreme Court ruled that gun ownership is an individual right under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, and the District of Columbia could not completely ban gun ownership by law-abiding private citizens. Two years later, the court ruled that the Heller decision applied to states and territories via the Second and 14th Amendments in McDonald v. Chicago, stating that states, territories and political divisions thereof, could not impose total bans on gun ownership by law-abiding citizens.

Damn that pesky wording of the constitution.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw their Mayor on the new the other night.

Admitted they will be sued, but they have money and lawyers or something along those lines.

Many city/county ordinances have been successfully stopped in court, and I expect this one to be also. Doesn't seem to stop them from coming up with another silly law and spending their taxpayers' money to defend it.

Probably going to write a check to CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc legal team soon.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just more liberal, "let's throw this out there and see what sticks" governing theory!

I understand Californios leaving the state, but leave your liberal voting habits for Gov. "Hairdo"!
We don't want them in Texas!!!!! .....OR Oklahoma!!!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Soulfly

its CA.. there is nothing "to Get"...

My folks have passed now, but they were living down there, after retiring from the military and government service of 50 years apiece...
mainly due to my mother's health, of having rheumatic fever like 4 times in her life and surviving...she couldn't be exposed to cold weather...

Stupid things like, their county passed an ordinance against using water, to water their lawns... $500 fine...
City passes an ordinance at the exact same time... if people didn't water their lawns and they turned all brown, that would mean they were a fire hazard.. and that was a $500. fine....

Some guy broke into my folks home one night.... old man cornered him with a golf club ready to hit him with it, while my mom calls the police...
the cops come and take the guy away... this is 3 in the morning....while they are interrogating him at the Police Station or where ever they took him, he tells the cops he was threatened with a golf club by the old man...so the cops are back knocking on the door at 5 AM, to confiscate the golf club because it was being used as a weapon... citing local ordinance... he got it back a month later, but he just gave them one of his old clubs....

not much makes sense in CA any more....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by FWP

Easy, but I guess all you people who squeal about the constitution seem to forget that the constitution has something called States Rights. What does that entail,

Current states' rights issues include the death penalty, assisted suicide, same-sex marriage, gun control, and cannabis, the last of which is in direct violation of federal law. In Gonzales v. Raich, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the federal government, permitting the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to arrest medical marijuana patients and caregivers. In Gonzales v. Oregon, the Supreme Court ruled the practice of physician-assisted suicide in Oregon is legal. In Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruled that states could not withhold recognition to same-sex marriages. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the United States Supreme Court ruled that gun ownership is an individual right under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, and the District of Columbia could not completely ban gun ownership by law-abiding private citizens. Two years later, the court ruled that the Heller decision applied to states and territories via the Second and 14th Amendments in McDonald v. Chicago, stating that states, territories and political divisions thereof, could not impose total bans on gun ownership by law-abiding citizens.

The Second Amendment is Federal - encompasses ALL states... Those that live in CA can then sue the snot out of SJ and have that BS ordinance nullified....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by FWP

The Second Amendment is Federal - encompasses ALL states... Those that live in CA can then sue the snot out of SJ and have that BS ordinance nullified....

I certainly hope so. It is clearly unconstitutional.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Saw their Mayor on the new the other night.

Admitted they will be sued, but they have money and lawyers or something along those lines.

Many city/county ordinances have been successfully stopped in court, and I expect this one to be also. Doesn't seem to stop them from coming up with another silly law and spending their taxpayers' money to defend it.

Probably going to write a check to CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc legal team soon.

You deserve to live in the State of Jefferson. wink

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by FWP

Yes, the 2nd is federal, but just why are there 50 states that have 50 different sets of laws that govern purchase and possession of firearms. Seems that .gov gave the states the authority to assert primacy,(in other words stronger than federal law) over water and other federal regs. Sure SJ can sue, but it won’t go anywhere.

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,569 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.