-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just read a report today where the wolves killed a rancher's dog last nite & his other dog was on the porch with some pretty nasty wounds

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nevermind that... hipsters think its magical to camp in their Subaru with hopes of hearing wolves howl in the distance, while they refer to each other in pronouns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Just read a report today where the wolves killed a rancher's dog last nite & his other dog was on the porch with some pretty nasty wounds

According to BHA it’s for the greater good 👍🏻.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Springcove

Not true. FWIW I am not a BHA member.

COLORADO WOLF STATEMENT
Posted by Colorado BHA | February 04, 2021
The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the Public Trust Doctrine define fish and wildlife resources as the property of the people and managed by the state and federal agencies entrusted with their stewardship. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers acknowledges this model as the foundation of science-based fish and wildlife management and we support hunting, fishing and trapping as appropriate management tools. BHA does not endorse advancing wildlife management policies and decisions by state or federal legislation or voter referendums and ballot initiatives. We are obligated as an organization committed to hunters and anglers to advance sound stewardship policies that are guided by science over politics, emotion, and conjecture.

While the presence of wolves and evidence of natural colonization in Colorado has instigated passionate conversations, BHA’s policies related to wildlife management remain unchanged. We do, however, recommend the following actions be considered related to future wolf management needs in the state:

Update Colorado’s dated wolf management plan to incorporate new science, wildlife and habitat data, and the growing body of evidence that suggests natural colonization of the grey wolf (Canis lupus) is a reality in Colorado.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to study, evaluate, and secure new sources of funding to support the financial burden of wolf management in Colorado including both the costs of additional staffing for wolf-related management activities and mitigation expenses for livestock losses.
Develop a plan to evaluate potential livestock depredations and community conflicts, provide for ongoing monitoring, and create a compensation program that mitigates livestock losses.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to create durable policies for any new livestock compensation programs that protect state-based revenue sources provided by hunters and anglers (Game Cash Fund) and create legal compliance with and insulation for federal funds provided by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pittman–Robertson).
Facilitate cross-jurisdictional collaboration with neighboring states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service related to future wolf management needs in Colorado.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The problem with all this " science " is it to be trusted.
Example on montanas wolf numbers few years ago they claimed 477 in 2016 all the sudden changed the way they counted in 2017and we had damn near double 819 in 2018
Like I said I have a nephew wildlife biologist and I know how this " science " can be manipulated just take the lynx hair planting as an example.
Anybody who doesn't think there's some biologists out there that don't have an agenda better pull your head out.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/27/22.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Everybody believes in science when it tells them what they want to hear, but when it tells them something different than they believe, it’s dismissed as having an “agenda”.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Ok. I looked over your article on Alaska wolves and wt. If you read it closely it said a wolf coming off a fresh kill could weight 170 pounds. While not their every day wt. with a full belly it was possible. This one had just made a kill of some cattle so according to your sources it is possible.. Now before you loose your cool, I did not read the whole thing in depth, but you source said it was possible.

True story I was ice fishing last weekend and no chit I hooked a Coleman lantern. Pulled it through the hole and it was still burning!

Tell you what, knock 60 lbs off the weight of your wolf and I'll blow out my lantern.

buzzy , looks like your wet dream of placing uncontrolled wolf populations into the world's largest elk herd inColorado is coming to fruition.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
lol. what a joke BHA has millions of dollars to fight this and did not donate one cent. Just like did nothing when trapping was shut down in New Mexico last year. You BHA clowns are just a bunch of anti hunting pro wolf scammers.

BHA should stick to what the best.- banning firearms.

Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Springcove

Not true. FWIW I am not a BHA member.

COLORADO WOLF STATEMENT
Posted by Colorado BHA | February 04, 2021
The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the Public Trust Doctrine define fish and wildlife resources as the property of the people and managed by the state and federal agencies entrusted with their stewardship. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers acknowledges this model as the foundation of science-based fish and wildlife management and we support hunting, fishing and trapping as appropriate management tools. BHA does not endorse advancing wildlife management policies and decisions by state or federal legislation or voter referendums and ballot initiatives. We are obligated as an organization committed to hunters and anglers to advance sound stewardship policies that are guided by science over politics, emotion, and conjecture.

While the presence of wolves and evidence of natural colonization in Colorado has instigated passionate conversations, BHA’s policies related to wildlife management remain unchanged. We do, however, recommend the following actions be considered related to future wolf management needs in the state:

Update Colorado’s dated wolf management plan to incorporate new science, wildlife and habitat data, and the growing body of evidence that suggests natural colonization of the grey wolf (Canis lupus) is a reality in Colorado.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to study, evaluate, and secure new sources of funding to support the financial burden of wolf management in Colorado including both the costs of additional staffing for wolf-related management activities and mitigation expenses for livestock losses.
Develop a plan to evaluate potential livestock depredations and community conflicts, provide for ongoing monitoring, and create a compensation program that mitigates livestock losses.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to create durable policies for any new livestock compensation programs that protect state-based revenue sources provided by hunters and anglers (Game Cash Fund) and create legal compliance with and insulation for federal funds provided by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pittman–Robertson).
Facilitate cross-jurisdictional collaboration with neighboring states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service related to future wolf management needs in Colorado.

Last edited by ribka; 01/27/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

An anti hunting eco NAZI posting on a hunting forum. lmao.

Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Elk and deer numbers decline.

I know crazy right?

Ya so much so you can now kill more than 1 elk in MT and WY and lots of deer.

Hmmm what happened to the 2,000.cow permits and 100 either sex permits around Gardner that used to be given out in the early to mid 90's when the elk herd was pushing 20,000

Read the regs, up to 3 elk and better that a 6 month season. They are killing elk over there right now.

I did theres 2 - 30 permits for cows Dec.11-19 and a 50 either set in the 313 Gardner unit when there used to be 2,000 cow permits and 100 either set in 313

Wrong

Make an effort to apply for an elk tag sometime retard.

Texan pretending to know something about elk and wolves. LOL

Stick to high fence corn fingers and hogs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Not to hijack this thread, but it looks like the Colorado proposed ban on hunting mountain lions, lynx,and bob cat is dying a slow death three of the four sponsors have pulled out their support

That will piss off BHA

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Everybody believes in science when it tells them what they want to hear, but when it tells them something different than they believe, it’s dismissed as having an “agenda”.
Yup!!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka
Not to hijack this thread, but it looks like the Colorado proposed ban on hunting mountain lions, lynx,and bob cat is dying a slow death three of the four sponsors have pulled out their support

That will piss off BHA

Again dough boy, and I will type real slow. Groups like BHA work within their mission statements.

Here is BHA’s.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.

Fairly easy to understand, even for the short bus crowd.

FWIW again I am not a BHA member.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

You really think there isn't some who have a hidden agenda,
Hell just a few nights ago on local T.V there was a 2 part story on how much money the wolves in Yellowstone brought to Montana 30 million they claim, B.S.
You never heard them talk about the economy from hunters in the early 90's even Buzz admitted it was a [bleep] show well were did all those people stay, eat, buy [bleep] etc.
Take the litigation from one of the cases our wonderful Judge Malloy over Wolves coming off the endangered list were put back on the endangered list the group who won the case got there legal fees paid 325,000 so you dont think there's money not a driving factory, even grant money
given out to do " studies".

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hey sherm, how many days a season do you spend hunting wolves and how many have you killed? Surely you are doing more to help out with wolves then just griping on the net.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey sherm, how many days a season do you spend hunting wolves and how many have you killed? Surely you are doing more to help out with wolves then just griping on the net.

Jesus H Christ all you wanna do is troll me for fuggs sake.
I dont have to prove [bleep] to you

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Really its just a simple question.

I will take it from the triggered response the answers are none and none.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Get a fugging life, its a lonely world when you have to come on net and call people names, berate and try to prove how much better you are, if thats what gives you the warm and fuzzy have at it

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/28/22.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

That will piss off BHA

Again dough boy, and I will type real slow. Groups like BHA work within their mission statements.

Here is BHA’s.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.

They respect that mission statement about as much as a lib respects the Constitution. When the $ tells them to bite their lip, they bite it. When they tell them to go advocate for wind farms in the backcountry, they break out the pot poms.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Why did the President of BHA, Land Tawney, become involved in so many anti gun policies and use his title as BHA president to push gun bans? Why has super star BHA member, Charles Post, teamed up with multi millionaire anti gun communists and produced gun ban videos on instagram?

Is that in BHA's mission statement?

BHA is a scam stealing millions from gullible members.,

Like Buzzy , who hunts on closed forest roads, you fail to provide any evidence to the contrary. lmao

That will piss off BHA

Here is BHA’s.

Last edited by ribka; 01/28/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Get a fugging life, its a lonely world when you have to come on net and call people names, berate and try to prove how much better you are, if thats what gives you the warm and fuzzy have at it

Caldumb, who doesn't even hunt or fish is paid to spread BHA propaganda on here,

Again BHA has not donate ONE CENT in the past decade too top all of the anti hunting legislation in New Mexico, California, Washington, Oregon etc. They have millions of dollars. Just a big scam

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 673, 18 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.