Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by callnum
Hey sherm, how many days a season do you spend hunting wolves and how many have you killed? Surely you are doing more to help out with wolves then just griping on the net.

Phuggin troll. You live in New Jersey and don't even hunt . lWhy does that BHA clown and president, Land Tawney, keep writing anti gun articles and work with crazy left politicians to enact gun bans?

Are anti gun laws and bans in the BHA mission statement?

Not one cent of BHA millions used to stop hunting seasons being shut down all over the west

lmao

Last edited by ribka; 01/28/22.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
]Here is BHA founder David Peterson, a left wing loo ie, attacking Colorado Bow hunters

Every five years, Colorado Parks and Wildlife revises its big game season structure, which determines how many licenses will be issued in various seasons for the next five years. That time is now, and if you are among the growing number of hunters who agree there are way too many of us out there in September (unlimited either-sex archery elk tags, plus deer, bear, pronghorn, grouse and muzzle-loading ), now is your chance to help spark needed change. Time is short, with the comment period ending Feb. 4, and I urge you to go online and fill out the opinion survey today. It only takes minutes.

Wildlife management in Colorado is dysfunctional, with science and public interest being overruled by politics and special interests. Please take this opportunity to tell CPW what we are seeing out there and how we feel about it.

If we who hunt in Colorado (residents and visitors alike) don’t speak up, then self-serving groups like the Colorado Bowhunter’s Association will continue to have their way at the expense of the wildlife resource and the vast majority of hunters. (And by the way, I am a bowhunter.)

As a group, we hunters are unsophisticated when it comes to biology and politics, always seeking more opportunity while refusing to sacrifice anything for the long-term good. Now is our chance to change that sad history. Please take the survey.

David Petersen, Dura
ngo

BTW BHA did nothing to stop wolf introduction into Colorado but attacked bow hunters

Is that in BHA's mission statement cal dumb?

Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Just read a report today where the wolves killed a rancher's dog last nite & his other dog was on the porch with some pretty nasty wounds

According to BHA it’s for the greater good 👍🏻.

Not true. FWIW I am not a BHA member.

COLORADO WOLF STATEMENT
Posted by Colorado BHA | February 04, 2021
The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the Public Trust Doctrine define fish and wildlife resources as the property of the people and managed by the state and federal agencies entrusted with their stewardship. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers acknowledges this model as the foundation of science-based fish and wildlife management and we support hunting, fishing and trapping as appropriate management tools. BHA does not endorse advancing wildlife management policies and decisions by state or federal legislation or voter referendums and ballot initiatives. We are obligated as an organization committed to hunters and anglers to advance sound stewardship policies that are guided by science over politics, emotion, and conjecture.

While the presence of wolves and evidence of natural colonization in Colorado has instigated passionate conversations, BHA’s policies related to wildlife management remain unchanged. We do, however, recommend the following actions be considered related to future wolf management needs in the state:

Update Colorado’s dated wolf management plan to incorporate new science, wildlife and habitat data, and the growing body of evidence that suggests natural colonization of the grey wolf (Canis lupus) is a reality in Colorado.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to study, evaluate, and secure new sources of funding to support the financial burden of wolf management in Colorado including both the costs of additional staffing for wolf-related management activities and mitigation expenses for livestock losses.
Develop a plan to evaluate potential livestock depredations and community conflicts, provide for ongoing monitoring, and create a compensation program that mitigates livestock losses.
Direct the appropriate decision-makers to create durable policies for any new livestock compensation programs that protect state-based revenue sources provided by hunters and anglers (Game Cash Fund) and create legal compliance with and insulation for federal funds provided by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pittman–Robertson).
Facilitate cross-jurisdictional collaboration with neighboring states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service related to future wolf management needs in Colorado.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
[quote=ribka

If we who hunt in Colorado (residents and visitors alike) don’t speak up, then self-serving groups like the Colorado Bowhunter’s Association will continue to have their way at the expense of the wildlife resource and the vast majority of hunters. (And by the way, I am a bowhunter.)
[/quote]

Not about wolves but:

That is pretty much spot on. Anytime something comes up Colorado bow hunters get what they want. Examples Recently CPW decided they again do not have to wear orange during archery season.There were a lot of comments of restricting tags and separating seasons. Nada,they killed that.They whined like school children when the SW part of state went to draw archery from OTC. At least they didn't win that. If they had there way, they would shut down all other hunting season in September. Archery hunting has grown so dramatically in the last 5-10 years that OTC tags need to be further restricted

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/29/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I used to bow hunt...then everyone and their grandma started bowhunting. The september woods sounded like a cow calling contest...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

CBA is well organized and does have a great deal of influence in seasons and management of Colorado big game animals. This is why rifle hunting over the past 40+ years have seen seasons significantly shortened while archery seasons—despite dramatic advances in archery equipment—still enjoy the same length of deer and elk season since the early 60’s.

If I were the God of Colorado hunting regulations compound bows during archery season would be draw only.

And yes, I killed my first big game animal with a bow in 1971, and hope to kill more with a bow in the future.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I used to bow hunt...then everyone and their grandma started bowhunting. The september woods sounded like a cow calling contest...

Actually by the mid 80’s it sounded like an elk bugling contest, by the early 90’s it began sounding like a cow calling contest.😁

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The DOW really put it to the gun hunters last year when they shortened third rifle season so only 7 days, eliminating 2nd weekend of hunting. If you are a working stiff, you have to burn vacation to get any time in the woods. I wish they would just drop first rifle, make 2nd and 3rd season nine days again, and drop 4th season. The game numbers cannot sustain being hunted so hard.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The DOW really put it to the gun hunters last year when they shortened third rifle season so only 7 days, eliminating 2nd weekend of hunting. If you are a working stiff, you have to burn vacation to get any time in the woods. I wish they would just drop first rifle, make 2nd and 3rd season nine days again, and drop 4th season. The game numbers cannot sustain being hunted so hard.

I’d go along with that idea. At least give it a try for a few years and see how it works.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I would agree, but many outfitters only offer a 5 day hunt. They would fight that because it would hurt business cutting two hunts out. The outfitting lobby is almost as strong ad the bow hunters and they would win. Also CPW would lose all that income from the1st and 4th season licenses and it would jam all hunters into two seasons. Hunters would bitch about over crowding and CPW will never give up an income.The likelihood of that happening is about the same as cutting archery season to two weeks instead of all of September

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/31/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You don't need to transplant wolves. They do that themselves if allowed enough time. It's not far from Yellowstone to Colorado. Nothing for wolves to travel as their population expands.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I'm sure pro wolf worshippers cal dumb and Buzzy of BHA fame will use their millions of dollars to get your seasons back. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'd appreciate everyone leaving 4th season alone, its only 5 days, its always only been 5 days and is the closest a muley hunter gets to hunting the rut.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.