Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A mask basically only helps those who ARE sick from spreading the crap to others. Also, the only masks capable of stopping the virus is the N95 masks.

Portals thru the filter membrane are much larger than a virus particle. However the defense in favor of using the N95 is that those particles are always contained in other vessels, say moisture or sputum droplets. These it is said are trapped by the N95 membrane because the vessel itself adheres to the fabric. That’s where the 95% effective comes in if the mask is worn properly with no leaks. Or so the argument goes. Good luck with that. A big bugaboo is that the N95 is still only a single use or at best a single day device. If used day to day they will load up; the longer time of use the less effective. This means air flow thru the mask is reduced, back pressure is increased, and more of your exhaled breath, carrying virus particles, is spewed out around the mask.

So it is claimed the N95 is actually LEAST effective at around 0.3 microns (95%) and MORE effective above and below. And the size of a virus particle is about 0.1 to 0.3. But some particles escape because of less than perfect fit. As the droplets and particles congregate on the fabric it becomes more resistant to air flow and more exhaled gas escapes around the perimeter of the mask. Add to this other airborne particles, dust etc., adhering and the mask becomes even more resistant to flow further decreasing it’s effectiveness and forcing more breath out the sides, top and bottom. THEN there’s still the issue of continued use. There are reasons producing companies recommend single use. Too many to mention but the obvious are contamination and effectiveness. Contamination; do you really want to rebreathe the crap the filter caught yesterday or even last week. I don’t think so. And effectiveness is reduced the longer you use it. Don’t believe me? Call a vendor and ask what their guidelines are. But, gov says, just use a new one every day. Yeah right. Who does that?

When the government tells you these masked are safe and effective against covid and are reusable they are LYING. And the little surgical masks? Much much worse. Cute cotton fabric masks? Don’t even consider it.

All in all the maskers freaking out because I don’t wear a mask are arguing against fact not misinformation. Many know this but argue anyway. It’s their security blanket, the optics are good, it makes them feel better. “At least we’re doing SOMETHING “. But they’re still wrong.

Last edited by shootem; 01/29/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by shootem
A mask basically only helps those who ARE sick from spreading the crap to others. Also, the only masks capable of stopping the virus is the N95 masks.

Portals thru the filter membrane are much larger than a virus particle. However the defense in favor of using the N95 is that those particles are always contained in other vessels, say moisture or sputum droplets. These it is said are trapped by the N95 membrane because the vessel itself adheres to the fabric. That’s where the 95% effective comes in if the mask is worn properly with no leaks. Or so the argument goes. Good luck with that. A big bugaboo is that the N95 is still only a single use or at best a single day device. If used day to day they will load up; the longer time of use the less effective. This means air flow thru the mask is reduced, back pressure is increased, and more of your exhaled breath, carrying virus particles, is spewed out around the mask.

So it is claimed the N95 is actually LEAST effective at around 0.3 microns (95%) and MORE effective above and below. And the size of a virus particle is about 0.1 to 0.3. But some particles escape because of less than perfect fit. As the droplets and particles congregate on the fabric it becomes more resistant to air flow and more exhaled gas escapes around the perimeter of the mask. Add to this other airborne particles, dust etc., adhering and the mask becomes even more resistant to flow further decreasing it’s effectiveness and forcing more breath out the sides, top and bottom. THEN there’s still the issue of continued use. There are reasons producing companies recommend single use. Too many to mention but the obvious are contamination and effectiveness. Contamination; do you really want to rebreathe the crap the filter caught yesterday or even last week. I don’t think so. And effectiveness is reduced the longer you use it. Don’t believe me? Call a vendor and ask what their guidelines are. But, gov says, just use a new one every day. Yeah right. Who does that?

When the government tells you these masked are safe and effective against covid and are reusable they are LYING. And the little surgical masks? Much much worse. Cute cotton fabric masks? Don’t even consider it.

All in all the maskers freaking out because I don’t wear a mask are arguing against fact not misinformation. Many know this but argue anyway. It’s their security blanket, the optics are good, it makes them feel better. “At least we’re doing SOMETHING “. But they’re still wrong.

I believe they are good for five hours, though this number is coming from memory. After five hours, they no longer seal, in part due to the bands and breakdown of material under light.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Covid 19 is real, the reaction to it is an overaction.

The overreaction part is so big, it can't be measured by current technology.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by shootem

I believe they are good for five hours, though this number is coming from memory. After five hours, they no longer seal, in part due to the bands and breakdown of material under light.

You may be right on the 5 hours. I thought it was 8 but could be wrong. Point I was making is they can’t be worn time after time day after day. After clinical use some facilities send them out for sterilization but I’m not familiar with the process. You can bet 99% of privately used masks will never be reprocessed and will be used much more than 5 or 8 hours. Mask usage is a scam.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Generally for year or so., I see more post from people that won't wear a mask about people who do. and very little of the opposite. Reading this thread proves it. I can't see why it is any of their business, either way.

I wear a mask because of impaired lung function and any infection puts me out of commission for 5-6 weeks.I also wear one when I go out the barn and feed the animals so I am not breathing hay dust. I have been doing so before anyone ever heard of Covid.

Let every one make their own decision, and any mandates are wrong

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/29/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Generally for year or so., I see more post from people that won't wear a mask about people who do. and very little of the opposite. I can't see why it is any of their business, either way. Proven by the responses in this thread.

I wear a mask because of impaired lung function and any infection puts me out of commission for 5-6 weeks. I also wear one when I go out to the barn and feed the animals so I am not breathing hay dust. I have been doing so before anyone ever heard of Covid. I am not going to drive 5-10 miles out of my way so I can shop in a business that does not require a mask. If someone does not want to go into a business that requires a mask , go elsewhere. The business owner gets to set the rules, not the patron. It is no big deal. I wonder how many here have tried to see a doctor or go to a hospital with out a mask.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Generally for year or so., I see more post from people that won't wear a mask about people who do. and very little of the opposite. I can't see why it is any of their business, either way. Proven by the responses in this thread.

I wear a mask because of impaired lung function and any infection puts me out of commission for 5-6 weeks. I also wear one when I go out to the barn and feed the animals so I am not breathing hay dust. I have been doing so before anyone ever heard of Covid. I am not going to drive 5-10 miles out of my way so I can shop in a business that does not require a mask. If someone does not want to go into a business that requires a mask , go elsewhere. The business owner gets to set the rules, not the patron. It is no big deal. I wonder how many here have tried to see a doctor or go to a hospital with out a mask.

No problem with that. The problem is mandates with no supporting evidence. Wife is flying next month and will be wearing an N95 in flight and in airport. That’s not for covid, it’s for everything else.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I see an infectious disease doctor for a fungal infection in my lungs. I talk to her about this crap. She even says it's bullshidt. The virus is real but how it's being handled is not how you handle a virus. Her words.

I just find it odd, in my circumstances, that none of my doctors have even talked to me about getting the jab. I'm immune compromised, you'd think they would....hmmm

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

I see an infectious disease doctor for a fungal infection in my lungs. I talk to her about this crap. She even says it's bullshidt. The virus is real but how it's being handled is not how you handle a virus. Her words.

I just find it odd, in my circumstances, that none of my doctors have even talked to me about getting the jab. I'm immune compromised, you'd think they would....hmmm

If you're still shopping where they're forcing you to wear a mask, you need your head examined.

If you keep sucking that commie ass, that'll keep ya from breathing right, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Virginian2
"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people they have been fooled", - Samuel Clemmons?

I got a 30 ban from Facebook for that exact quote...

They said it caused self-harm and suicide for some people.

I reckon maybe?

100% true... no BS.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Virginian2
"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people they have been fooled", - Samuel Clemmons?

I got a 30 ban from Facebook for that exact quote...

They said it caused self-harm and suicide for some people.

I reckon maybe?

100% true... no BS.

If folks can't handle that quote then ,.......bye bye

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent article.

The primary use of masks promoted by the gov't and the medical establishment is as mind control devices. It is a tool the Marxists are using to effect and to significantly shorten the "Long March to Communism."

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t wear one unless they make me, so I don’t go places that requires a Dumass mask!!!

Last edited by hanco; 01/30/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I dont like to be told what I have to do. Masks or otherwise. Its especially aggravating when what they tell me I have to do something that is not effective. Im not a pizzed about masks as I am about the vax. If I choose to put a mask on to go into a place that requires it I can unmask when I leave. I cant unvax. But Im not one of these people that worry about the stupid crap others do. Seems to be a lot of people worried about what other people do in their cars when they are by themselves.
What to I care.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I dont like to be told what I have to do. Masks or otherwise. Its especially aggravating when what they tell me I have to do something that is not effective. Im not a pizzed about masks as I am about the vax. If I choose to put a mask on to go into a place that requires it I can unmask when I leave. I cant unvax. But Im not one of these people that worry about the stupid crap others do. Seems to be a lot of people worried about what other people do in their cars when they are by themselves.
What to I care.

I don’t like to be told what to do either, has caused me problems since I was a little boy.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
What to I care.

I don’t like to be told what to do either, has caused me problems since I was a little boy.

Me Too

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Follow the damn money. If you owned or were receiving kickbacks for a mandatory mask wearing you would be rich many times over. Edk

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

If you're still shopping where they're forcing you to wear a mask, you need your head examined.

If you keep sucking that commie ass, that'll keep ya from breathing right, too.

Have you been to doctor's office or hospital lately? You are not getting in unless you wear a mask, right wrong or in different. Try to get in one when you are passing a kidney stone.You will be begging for a mask. Ignorance knows no bounds I guess.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

The problem with your top point is your sample. If you come here or places like it where people are generally conservative of course you’ll see more who aren’t wearing a mask.

I have no issue with people like you. Fact is the whole mask narrative was built upon the idea “you’re not wearing a mask to protect yourself but others” therefore it can be assumed, even if people aren’t saying so, that mask wearers consider themselves to be put in danger by non male wearers. Even those who aren’t vocal about it can fairly be assumed to prefer those around them wear the mask. If given the chance it doesn’t seem unfair to believe that the vast majority would vote to take away my freedom of choose in this area.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,783
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.